COP is back baby! Read more... ×
The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×

Taylor Chen

Beyonce should ban white people for her next tour

Not trying to be rude but one of the things that pissed me the fuck off was that at my formation world tour date, hella white people sang along to Formation. That song aint for ya and I'm disappointed Beyonce hasn't discussed this in her shows. It's also ironic that most people at the show were white. I don't get it. She should issue a statement explaining why its wrong for her white fans to sing certain songs of hers. I dont mind them singing songs like Halo but girll I aint here for them singing Formation again.

5 minutes ago, Taylor Chen said:

Not trying to be rude but one of the things that pissed me the fuck off was that at my formation world tour date, hella white people sang along to Formation. That song aint for ya and I'm disappointed Beyonce hasn't discussed this in her shows. It's also ironic that most people at the show were white. I don't get it. She should issue a statement explaining why its wrong for her white fans to sing certain songs of hers. I dont mind them singing songs like Halo but girll I aint here for them singing Formation again.

Straight people can’t sing Born This Way or Express Yourself. Men can’t sing songs from a female perspective or about female empowerment. Women can’t sing along to songs where men talk about women.

Is that true as well?

• Upvote 6

There are white people there because most people in the countries she went to are what? White. I think it's a great sign that white people are going to Beyonce concerts. They're supporting a talented black female instead of giving their money to mediocre artists that are more "white".

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, Taylor Chen said:

I'm black and this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard no offense. White people don't bother me and never have. Everyone is human, and it's a concert they have as much right as anyone to sing along. Music is one of the few things in the world that can bring all sorts of people together, they bought their tickets. Also if I was at a concert I'd be focusing on the person I paid to see not the skin color of the people around me.

• Upvote 4

I mean, I see your point. Lemonade is an album FOR black women and depicts the black experience. It was not made for white people to consume readily but they're more than welcome too. I remember seeing videos of white twinks singing formation and saying "Negro nose and afro" Yet they probably lock their door when anybody who fails paperbag test walks by. 

I understand where you’re coming from but  you’re beyond extra. Yes, Lemonade was created with the black experience in mind but that doesn’t mean white people cant enjoy it (even though it’s more difficult for them to digest) That also doesn’t mean she should ban white people from attending her shows :deadbanana: That’s fucking messy. She doesn’t need to release statements or tell white people not to sing certain songs, what the hell :laughcry:

• Upvote 8

Just now, Lemons said:

I understand where you’re coming from but  you’re beyond extra. Yes, Lemonade was created with the black experience in mind but that doesn’t mean white people cant enjoy it (even though it’s more difficult for them to digest) That also doesn’t mean she should ban white people from attending her shows :deadbanana: That’s fucking messy. She doesn’t need to release statements or tell white people not to sing certain songs, what the hell :laughcry:

How do you feel about white people saying " I love my negro nose" line and the don't censor the word negro :wendy20:

Just now, AALIYAH DANA said:

How do you feel about white people saying " I love my negro nose" line and the don't censor the word negro :wendy20:

I cringe, especially when they put extra emphasis on that line. I don’t mind them singing along as long as they’re not doing the most and they censor that line. 

• Upvote 2