COP is back baby! Read more... ×
The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×

CalixSpurius

Apparently Smoking Cigs Has A Health Benefit

As a smoker, I would never think that smoking cigs actually have a health benefit so learning about this have been quiet an enlightenment. Although, this obviously doesn't mean that smoking cigs is good for one's health or anything, I perceived it to be bad in every way from the perspective of health that this knowledge was like epiphany :D 

https://www.everydayhealth.com/ulcerative-colitis/treatment/how-nicotine-may-help-ulcerative-colitis/

Apparently, smoking cigs prevent ulcerative colitis from developing. Ulcerative Colitis is an inflammatory bowel disease with no cure, medications such as Mesalazine can bring remission to some extent but only ultimate solution to this disease is removal of inflamed part of bowel, although after this surgery, patient has to defecate in an external bag until end of their life so this surgery is only the last resort for anyone. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, WashingtonWuTang3000 said:

I smoke but I sure as hell know I'm gonna get cancer some day. Stop sugar coating it, it might stop developing one illness but it'll develop several others including cancer. 

15 minutes ago, CalixSpurius said:

As a smoker, I would never think that smoking cigs actually have a health benefit so learning about this have been quiet an enlightenment. Although, this obviously doesn't mean that smoking cigs is good for one's health or anything, I perceived it to be bad in every way from the perspective of health that this knowledge was like epiphany :D 

Read before you come up with some ridiculous argument, please.

7 minutes ago, WashingtonWuTang3000 said:

And I've read it, I'm just responding to the fact you're sharing the information in such a way that it looks like smoking is a positive thing. 

It's one positive thing about smoking. One positive thing among a sea of negative things but still one positive thing. There cannot be any reason to abandon rational reasoning.