COP is back baby! Read more... ×
The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  

Is Lordes AOTY nomination fishy?

As you all know, Lorde's critically acclaim album Melodrama is nominated for AOTY. BUT IS IT ME? Or is that nomination a little fishy?

giphy.webp

For one, AOTY is her ONLY nomination. She was snubbed in SOTY, ROTY and Best Pop Vocal Album. How is it that the Grammys feel like her Album is worthy for AOTY (Aka the best of the best) but they didn't want to nominate her in the genera categories or the other general fields? Something doesn't seem right. 

giphy.webp

Discuss and keep it cute.

she deserved WAY more nominations, it’s one of the best albums ever made. If she doesn’t win (which I suspect she won’t because the Grammys are deluded), I will genuinely just stop caring about the Grammys. They clearly don’t care about real quality, talent and art. Most of these nominations literally just seem like they’ve been picked at random with no care or thought put into it.

2 minutes ago, Tattooed Heart said:

This has happened before. Miley won best video at the vmas but then wasn't nominated for best pop female video. They only nomintated lorde to keep us happy but she won't win.

OR when You Belong With Chart Sucess won best female and Kanye complained but then Single Ladies ended up winning best video anyways.:beyslay:

• Upvote 2

this might be controversial, but I feel like the Grammys snubbed so many white artists in order to prove a point. like i’m a SZA stan and I don’t even think she’s deserving of 5 nominations. It’s seems like they’re nominating more black people than white to prove themselves after the Beyoncé snub which is great but they’ve given so many undeserving nominations out. Jay Z did not deserve all of those nominations at all. If Jay Z has 8, Lorde deserves 16.

• Upvote 5

It's not as fishy as Jayz's Tidal Payola to get a nomination. The thing about Melodrama is that it DIDN'T produce a 'hit' single like Royals. None of the songs on Melodrama really smashed or had any impact to warrant receiving a nomination for SOTY or ROTY. The album as a whole is incredible and that's why it got a nomination for it. You don't need to have a smash song to get a nomination for AOTY, for example, Beck with Morning Phase. You can hardly call the album a true pop vocal album either

The AOTY award is focusing on the work as a WHOLE not by individual single performance 

• Upvote 2