• Announcements

• laracroftonline

How to add stan badges   10/21/2017

To add stan badges go to create and click award, fill in your username and find the artist you want. Or go to http://churchofpop.net/awards
Adam

CREATE A LABEL: SEASON 4

STEPS ANNOUNCE COMEBACK ALBUM, UK TOUR

106n8cg.png

20 years after their debut, Steps have announced their comeback to the world of pop.

The new album, 'Tears On The Dancefloor' features 15 new songs including lead single 'Dancing With A Broken Heart' - a cover of the Australian hit by Delta Goodrem. The single will be released December 8th with the album following on January 12th.

The Dancing With A Broken Heart Tour kicks off in March 2018 with tickets going on sale December 15th. A support act will be announced in due course.

As well as this, Steps revealed they have plans for a Summer 2018 tour that will be announced in early 2018 with them potentially releasing a Christmas album next year.

• Upvote 3

Ariana Grande on Sunrise

tumblr_inline_nckkt8toME1ripgeb.gif

Ariana Grande appeared on the Australian morning show Sunrise for a performance and an interview.

The performance took place in the regular studio and you could see the stacks of Ariana stans, looking through the window behind her. At first, it was just Ariana on the stage and she spoke as the song started. "Good morning, Australia. This is my brand new single. It came out TODAY and I'm so excited to perform it for you". Right afterwards, she got into actually singing. "Baby, baby, baby, you mean everything to me / You are the one that gets me through a really stressful day / Cuz I know when I get home / You’ll be right there, waiting for me". She was continuously tapping her hip as she sang so that her vibe could match the beat of the song. As she finished the pre-chorus, four backing dancers (two men and two women) walked behind her. She said "Turn up, Australia!" right before the beat dropped. After this, all five of them broke into choreography and the chorus simply consisted of talking so Ariana was able to perform and dance at the same time. The choreography began with them stepping forward and backward, followed by them twirling their hips and twirling their bodies all the way around. Ariana snapped in the air as the chorus finished to spice it up a little.

For the second verse, Ariana's dancers were doing some more conventional choreography while Ariana was simply singing to the camera. "Give me your hugs and your kisses galore / Cuz, when I get them, there’s no way I will feel sore / You can fix all my problems, I guess you’re the cure / No such thing as enough, baby, give me some more". As the next chorus came, Ariana and her dancers got into a line and, on each beat, they all bent down and got up to snap once they were all done. After this, they all shimmied in unison before breaking free and doing the same choreography for the last time. "Thinking ‘bout a life without you really makes me sick / It would be like hell on earth, it would really be the pits / Baby, promise not to let me go, cuz I don’t wanna live / In a world without your love, in a world without your love". For the bridge, Ariana belted out the lyrics to the camera before the final chorus. For the final chorus, the dancers behind her did the regular choreography and Ariana performed some runs. For the second repetition of the chorus, Ariana put the microphone down and her and her dancers vogued to the beat. Right before the song ended, Ariana belted "IN A WORLD WITHOUT YOUR LOVE, BABYYYY" into the microphone and the performance ended.

Female host: Ariana Grande, everyone! Such an amazing performance.
Ariana: Thank you!
Male host: I was breaking a sweat just looking at the dancing.
Ariana: Oh, I loved it. It was choreographed by my friends, Brian and Scott, they're back there instead of dancing with me tonight but they did this and I love them so much.
Female host: So, that's the new single, World Without Your Love. We were all able to listen to the studio version before you came here. First of all, an amazing song! We all danced to it in the employee lounge but one thing that surprised me is the swearing in the chorus. You didn't do it in this performance...
Ariana: No, I performed the clean version. That's available pretty much everywhere as well and it's the version we're playing on the radio.
Female host: It surprised me because I feel like a lot of your fans are young girls. Is this normal for them?
Ariana: I had curse words on my last album, you know, it's what it is.
Female host: So, why did you want to do that on this single?
Ariana: Well, when I wrote this song, I was in the studio and this alter ego came to me. She was so fierce, carefree and I felt like throwing out two swear words perfectly suited this alter ego that I was channeling. She's too fierce to give a .. You know *giggle*
Female host: But the little girls can listen to the clean version, right?
Ariana: Absolutely. We usually send a clean version to streaming services, it's always clean on the radio and my album should always come out with a clean version for, you know, parents that might be worried or whatever.
Female host: Okay good. That just concerned and surprised me a little.
Male host: So, you just performed at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. How was that?
Ariana: I had so much fun. The models I met there were really cool and I was a little bit scared to perform because, the last time I performed at Victoria's Secret, I ended up getting hit by a wing *giggle* but I was okay this time.
Male host: So, nobody got hurt?
Ariana: I think one of the angels fell during a performance but she got right back up so good for her!
Male host: And, now, you're here in Australia?
Ariana: Yes, Victoria's Secret was in China so then I went to Japan and we thought we'd visit Australia on the way back home since you guys are so close by.
Male host: But this isn't your last run here, right?
Ariana: No, I have a performance on The X Factor this weekend and I'm really excited to perform. We have some cool visuals planned for that performance.
Male host: And you were just here on tour, right?
Ariana: Yes, about one or two months ago. I actually recorded a few songs for this next album in Australia.
Female host: So, this album is coming soon, right?
Ariana: Yes, I actually have a full album finished right now but I'm not due to send it into my label for a month now so I might change a few things.
Female host: So, we're looking at a January release?
Ariana: February. We don't have an actual date but that's the goal.
Male host: Well, you have tons of fans waiting outside to see you so you should probably go get to signing some autographs!
Ariana: Definitely!
Female host: But, before you go, thank you so much for coming and this song is available now, right?
Ariana: Yes, World Without Your Love! Buy and stream it now!
Female host: Alright. That was superstar Ariana Grande, everyone! Now, *host name*, how's the weather looking this morning?

• Upvote 7

Diana Gordon on The Project

5ET6NnK.jpg

Interview

American RnB sensation Diana Gordon joins Waleed Aly, Carrie Bickmore and Peter Helliar on Australia’s favourite talk show, The Project. She is noticeably wearing a pair of red AIDS ribbons on her jeans for World AIDS Day.

(Highlights from Diana’s career air, including shots from her music videos, red carpet shots, fashion shots and social media posts)

It’s been six years since Diana Gordon has graced the global stage with her music after her début single, Dirty Talk, made its way to the top of the Aussie music charts. Taking several years out of the spotlight to artistically develop her music, Diana is back with a new image and a new sound, with her latest single The Legend Of breaking in at #3 in Australia and making airwaves across the globe. She’s certainly here to stay!

Waleed: Diana, welcome to the show!

Diana: Why hi there! It’s a pleasure.

Waleed: Dirty Talk – what a throwback. Can you believe it’s been 6 years?

Diana: I know, right? It’s been so long and I can hardly believe it.

Carrie: So where have you been hiding?

Diana: (laughs) ‘Hiding’, I love it! No, but that’s right, I suppose. I’ve been behind the scenes a lot, writing for artists like Beyoncé, Fergie, Ciara, Rebecca Ferguson… it’s been kinda nice, though.

Carrie: Yeah, congrats on that Beyoncé credit!

Diana: Thank you! It was kinda surreal writing for someone so iconic, to be honest.

Waleed: Not everybody gets to write for the greats! That must be so validating.

Diana: 100%! I think writing for Beyoncé was essentially career defining for me. After working in a more RnB environment I realised that, actually, that was the sound I wanted to follow.

Carrie: And you look fantastic - your fashion sense has clearly changed a lot since back in the day, right?

Diana: Of course. I feel as though I was born in the wrong era, and I know that's such a cliché thing to say, but it's true. I'm digging 70's throwbacks at the moment. Real natural, you know? And notice my little red ribbons for World AIDS Day on my jeans.

Waleed: It's important not to forget about days gone by though!

Diana: Oh yeah, definitely. For sure. How else are we gonna learn from our mistakes?

Carrie: Well, your latest single, The Legend Of, has been tearing up the charts here in Aus. It’s very different to Dirty Talk though, isn’t it?

Diana: It definitely is! Partly because I don’t want to be known as the girl who sung about what I did in Dirty Talk, you know? I feel so much more in control now, I mean, I chose to revert back to my birth name of Diana because I wanted to. That’s so liberating.

Carrie: And is it true that you’ve finished the video for the new single?

Diana: That’s true! We finished polishing up the video this week, so we can drop it when we’re ready. You know, I wasn’t actually expecting people to embrace my comeback as much as you guys have in Australia. So many doors have been opened up for me… it’s just incredible.

Peter: Does that mean an album is on the cards?

Diana: We’re taking it single by single at the moment. I want to give my songs some beautiful videos, so that’s gonna take some time. An album is definitely something to look forward to, next year. But for now, The Legend Of video is hopefully going to wow my fans – I’m so proud of how it’s turned out.

Peter: You see how excited people are on social media, actually! We have a little bit of the video to show our audience at home – let’s take a look.

(Clip of The Legend Of music video plays with Diana singing in front of a Volkswagen truck coming up behind her. She is swaying on her knees and looking directly into the camera, wearing a golden kaftan.)

Carrie: Oh wow, that looks so jazzy!

Diana: It kinda is, actually! We wanted to capture the beauty of hoods like where I grew up – I grew up in Queens, New York, where there’s a lot of deprivation, so I think it’s important to capture the positive side of places like home. It’s not all doom and gloom like the media likes to make out.

Peter: So the video takes place in your neighbourhood?

Diana: Yep – the song is like my autobiography, so it was only right that we went back to my roots for the video. I’m proud of where I come from! Giving some of the guys from my hometown a chance to shine in my music is such an honour and something I’m so happy I can do.

Carrie: And your band is all African-American, right?

Diana: It is. If I can give black people a chance to help me make my music and share the spotlight with me, then I will. It’s about giving people a chance, you know?

Waleed: Oh absolutely, and your performance on The Voice was absolutely stunning.

Diana: Thank you so much! I’m really proud of it, like, wow! (laughs)

Carrie: But we’ve got to address your big news, which is the tour next year.

Diana: Oh yes! Well, I’m only joining Shawn Mendes for his Ocean Wave Avenue tour in Europe and Australia next year!

Waleed: (laughs) I love how casually you can say that!

Diana: I know, right? I think I’m still in surprise that I was asked, haha! It's gonna be a fantastic tour, that's a definite.

Carrie: That’s something for your fans in Aussie to look forward to, that’s for sure.

Peter: Anyway, Diana, it's been great having you on the show and we look forward to seeing you perform your single later on for us. I believe you've gotta dash and get ready!

Diana: I sure do! Thanks for having me.

Waleed: Diana Gordon, everybody!

The Performance

Diana's gives The Project a performance of The Legend Of, standing in the middle of the small performance space on set with her live band behind her. The arrangement of the performance feel raw and honest, with Diana's vocal prowess shining through once again. She captivates a certain element of grit in her voice, as appropriate for the deep and personal context of the single. Her performance ends with a rapture of applause from the studio audience and the credits roll on The Project for another week.

• Upvote 6

Resultado de imagem para reputation artwork

Release date: December 1, 2017
Length: 3:55
Genre: pop
Writers: Taylor Swift · Jack Antonoff
Producers: Taylor Swift · Jack Antonoff

Taylor Swift's recording label has decided to service "New Year's Day" to country radio as of today, December 1. The song stands out as the only ballad on Swift's second, and synth-heavy, pop album, reputation, which soared at no. 1 on Billboard 200 last week. The push on country formats is doubtlessly unexpected, and the track is set to receive minimal promotion. It is further not being considered as the second proper single from the album, but only a promotion move.

Audio

Spoiler

• Upvote 8

Tove Lo - Disco Tits
Directed by: Tim Erem

Tove Lo has released the official music video for her brand new single "Disco Tits". The video is strangely unique and bold, beginning as a pretty funny, low-budget interview between the musician and an actual muppet host to become some sort of sex and drug-fueled road trip. They get handsy in a convertible on the highway and she later punches him in the face when he's annoying her in a diner. A man eventually takes his place, and it's unknown if the puppet was playing him or if she betrayed her love interest with the marionette. She also announces the title of her record - Blue Lips - while on the set of the talk show. The really odd video is now available for streaming on Vevo.

• Upvote 7

SHANIA TWAIN - ALL IN ALL - SINGLE - OUT NOW

msfurJE.png

Name: All In All

From the album: NOW

Genre: Country-pop

Length: 3:44

Writer: Shania Twain

Producers: Shania Twain, Jacquire King

'ALL IN ALL' is the third single from Shania Twain's #1 album, 'NOW'. Despite releasing a Christmas song, Twain released the tropical influenced country-pop song to coincide with promotional activities she'll be performing throughout the month of December.

Audio:

Spoiler

'ALL IN ALL' IS OUT NOW

• Upvote 3

SHANIA TWAIN ON ALAN CARR CHATTY MAN

Image result for alan carr chatty man

To promote her new single, 'ALL IN ALL', Shania Twain dropped by Alan Carr Chatty Man for an interview and performance.

Alan: Our last guest tonight is a worldwide superstar! She's the queen of country music, as well as the queen of leopard print outfits! I can't believe she's here, it's only Shania Twain!

'Man! I Feel Like A Woman!' plays as Shania walks down the stairs wearing blue jeans, a white blouse and a black blazer with her blonde hair tied back. She hugs Alan before the pair sit down

Alan: Can I get you a drink, Shania Twain?

Shania: [Laughs] Sure! What do you have?

Alan: We have... Ooh, we have some champagne! Shall we have some champagne, Shania Twain?

Shania: Sure, that seems fitting! You don't have to keep calling me Shania Twain by the way! [Laughs]

Alan: What should I call you? Your Highness? 

Shania: [Laughs] No, not at all, no! Shania is fine! 

Alan: Ooh, we're on a first name basis now! How nice! So, you're back!

Shania: Yes, and it's about time - right?!

The audience cheer

Shania: I love your audience!

Alan: We know why you were gone - you had your voice troubles and of course your marriage fell apart.

Shania: Yes. It was certainly a... Journey to get to where I am now, to release music again.

Alan: But the journey was worth it! 'Now' shot to #1 around the world, which must have been thrilling!

Shania: Oh, for sure! I've never been in the game for high chart positions and sales - music is what I do, it's who I am. Sales and charts are just extras for me.

AlanIt's easy to say that when you have the biggest female album of all time!

The audience erupt into cheers again

Shania: Yes, I guess it is! [Chuckles] 'Come On Over' was such a phenomenon, and I didn't even realise that until after the fact. When I "retired" in 2005, I was finally able to look back and reflect over everything - and my goodness, I was everywhere. I was certainly overworked, but would I change that? Definitely not.

Alan: Since the album came out, you've released two singles as well as done a handful of promotion - but your manager said that promotion is quite heavy going this month backstage.

Shania: I wouldn't say it's heavy going, I enjoy getting to go places and see the fans. It's definitely the busiest I've been since the first single came out, sure, but I'm not complaining. I also feel incredibly passionate about 'All In All'.

Alan: Which is the new single! Why did you choose this song in particular?

Shania: 'All In All' is the third single because... Hmm. It's like a huge sigh of relief, a warm hug after achieving your dreams. 'Life's About To Get Good' was the "I made it through the heartbreak, I made it through the darkness' song and 'Swingin' With My Eyes Closed' was the "We need to have fun in life" song. 'All In All' is the... "This is my journey, and this is just one of many stops" song. Well, I think!

Alan: It's a gorgeous song, I love it - will there be a video for it?

Shania: Yes. We've filmed it, we're just editing it and it should be out next week!

Alan: Ooh, how exciting! What can you tell us about it?

Shania: It's a stunningly shot video. It's essentially a journey through my life and the common thread of connection is me and my guitar.

Alan: Is it a montage video, of old clips?

Shania: No, no, no. It starts with me in Timmins, Ontario and basically I just walk through my life. I go to Nashville, I come to London, Paris, Switzerland. It's me and my journey.

Alan: Oh, that sounds lovely! In regards to future singles, what are you hoping to release?

Shania: I want to go at least seven singles into this album. I want to release 'Let's Kiss and Make Up', I want to release 'Poor Me', 'Home Now', 'Roll Me On The River', 'Soldier'... I just want to release everything as a single! [Laughs]

Alan: You could do what Beyoncé done and film a video for every song!

Shania: It's likely I will. Fans have waited since 2002 for this album, and I want to give them everything I can!

Alan: Is that why you're releasing a Christmas album?

Shania: Yes and no. I'm releasing it for the fans, but it's also been a project I've been working on since 1999! It just took forever to materialise and now it's finally out next week.

Alan: Will you be performing any of the material?

Shania: Yes. I have a special on NBC coming out on Christmas day where I'll be performing the Christmas songs as well as performing duets.

Alan: Duets? Ooh, with who?

Shania: I don't want to say any names but one of the people is on the Christmas album so that's four people to choose from!

Alan: Will it be airing in the UK?

Shania: It should do, maybe on the BBC. I'm not sure.

Alan: Well, we'll keep an eye out for that! Shania, do you want to go and perform the new single for us?

Shania: Of course!

Shania gets up and walks over to a microphone stand, stool and guitar

Alan: Join us next week for more fun, but tonight with a performance of her new single, 'All In All', it's Shania Twain!

The audience erupts into cheers as Shania smiles before beginning to strum her guitar as the song begins. Her band stand behind her, under multicoloured spotlights. Shania stays sitting and strumming the guitar as she sings the first verse. She looks around into the eyes of audience members as she does. During the chorus, a montage of Shania performing on tour plays behind her as the audience clap along.

As the second verse begins, Shania stands up as someone runs over and moves the stool away from her. She sways gently, before a flash of light blasts as the second chorus begins. Shania's backing singers walk forward and stand beside her as she continues to strum the guitar and sing.

As she sings the last chorus, a spotlight hits her as she closes her eyes and sings the gorgeous last line "I'm still myself but I've changed, things I always thought were strange aren't that strange at all, all in all". During the instrumental at the end, Shania moves around before turning and smiling to the audience with her arms extended as if to say "thank you". The audience erupt into cheers as the show ends.

• Upvote 5

Nick Jonas went to On Air With Ryan Seacrest!

WBN2wik.jpg

Nick Jonas went to Ryan Seacrest to promote his new single 'Find You' and talk about the album and a tour coming up soon.

Ryan Seacrest: Goodmorning everyone, we have Nick Jonas right here in the studio
*Find You starts playing hardly for 10 seconds*

Nick Jonas: Goodmorning!
Ryan Seacrest: So, first order of business. How's life?
Nick Jonas: Life's good, it's great!
Ryan Seacrest: Good to hear, so let's talk about 'Find You', it's doing so well, how you feeling about it?
Nick Jonas: Well, with a first single you need to be careful which one you choose, it's important that the fans like them and the general public, when that is going well, the promotion for further singles/albums will be much bigger. The song is doing well, and people like it, so I'm happy.
Ryan Seacrest: It's doing great, we've playing it non-stop here at KIIS-FM! What's the story behind it?
Nick Jonas: Thank your for spinning my song! Well, the song is about love, how you can find love, and suddenly lose it at some point, everyone deals with love issues or relationships, so it's a song many people can relate to.
Ryan Seacrest: Can you maybe hint about the album and future singles?
Nick Jonas: I'd love to talk about it, the album is called 'Freedom' and will focus on friendship, family, friends & love. The album is going to be released next week, December 8th, and the pre-order will be up right after I performed on The X Factor UK this sunday. About future singles, I don't know. I want five singles, and I'm still working some things out.
Ryan Seacrest: Great, great! Will you be doing something with Christmas? A possible EP or single release?
Nick Jonas: That's a question for you, and something I know. 
Ryan Seacrest: We've got a secret over here guys! No, I'm kidding. Are you going to tour for the album?
Nick Jonas: I'm planning a tour for sure! I'll tour America, Canada & Europe for now, the dates are almost done, and we will be announcing things very soon!
Ryan Seacrest: Already excited! I can't wait for all the new music you're going to release, and I want to wish you all the succes with your fourth album and all the things you're going to do!
Nick Jonas: Thank you!
Ryan Seacrest: That was Nick Jonas, everybody! And now on KIIS-FM, we're going to listen to 'Find You', right here!
*Find You by Nick Jonas starts playing*

ELviZ7X.jpg

• Upvote 4

KATY PERRY - WITNESS: THE DISTORTION (EP) - OUT DECEMBER 22!

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/171201/yzjxmwxo.jpg

Not much had been heard from the pop star since 'Roulette', the third and last single off her latest album Witness, was released. While it was a fan favorite, it didn't exactly smash on the charts and didn't get a music video either, to the disappointment of many fans. But here's a reason for KatyCats to celebrate: She used the time away from the public to record a new EP! "Witness: The Distortion" has just been announced on M Record's website alongside the release date (December 22) and is now available for pre-order!

KATY PERRY - The Distortion (Single) - OUT NOW

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/171201/3xf5alux.jpg

Artist(s): Katy Perry

Title: The Distortion

Album: Witness: The Distortion [Lead Single]

Genre: Electro Dance-Pop

Lenght: 3:51

Writer(s): Katy Perry, Corin Roddick, Megan James, Simon Wilcox

Producer(s): Corin Roddick

Instrumental:

Spoiler

Lyrics (starting at 0:17):

Spoiler

[Verse 1]
We're free
Free to love each other, till we see
That we can't ignore our responsibility
Responsibility
They're counting on us (Counting on me)

[Pre-chorus]
Please don't blame me
I'm just human, you're just human, we're just human
We're just human, please don't blame me (You're counting on me)

[Chorus]
Move that, move that body
Shake that, let's get naughty
Oh no, they caught me again
The distortion

Oh no, it's happening again
The distortion

The distortion
The distortion

[Verse 2]
I'm thinking
Can I make you happy
Without sinking
Sinking in the ground, in the ground
Is it an illusion
Is it real, are you real, does it matter what I do?

[Pre-chorus]
Please don't blame me
I'm just human, you're just human, we're just human
We're just human, please don't blame me (I'm counting on you)

[Chorus]
The distortion

The distortion

The distortion
The distortion

[Bridge]
The say they wanna witness my teenage dream
Not the rhythm
And I wish I could give everyone what they want
But I'm not that girl anymore
Just a whore, to ignore
That's the way they say it about me
(Guess I'm really not that girl anymore)
The distortion

[Chorus]
The distortion

The distortion

The distortion

Oh no, please not again (oh no,no,no)
The distortion

The distortion
The distortion
The distortion
The distortoooon, oh yeah (that's right)

• Upvote 8

IMG_8056.jpg

BELIEVER BY IMAGINE DRAGONS

LEAD SINGLE WW RELEASES

Spoiler

First things first
I'mma say all the words inside my head
I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been, oh ooh
The way that things have been, oh ooh

Second things second
Don't you tell me what you think that I could be
I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea, oh ooh
The master of my sea, oh ooh

I was broken from a young age
Taking my sulking to the masses
Writing my poems for the few
That look at me, took to me, shook to me, feeling me
Singing from heartache from the pain
Taking my message from the veins
Speaking my lesson from the brain
Seeing the beauty through the...

Pain!
You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
Pain!
You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer
Pain!
Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain
My life, my love, my drive, it came from...
Pain!

Third things third
Send a prayer to the ones up above
All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove, oh ooh
Your spirit up above, oh ooh

I was choking in the crowd
Building my rain up in the cloud
Falling like ashes to the ground
Hoping my feelings, they would drown
But they never did, ever lived, ebbing and flowing
Inhibited, limited
Till it broke open and rained down
And rained down, like...

Pain!
Pain!
Pain!
Pain!

Last things last
By the grace of the fire and the flames
You're the face of the future, the blood in my veins, oh ooh
The blood in my veins, oh ooh
But they never did, ever lived, ebbing and flowing
Inhibited, limited
Till it broke open and rained down
And rained down, like...

Pain!
Pain!
Pain!
Pain!

• Upvote 6

BRITNEY SPEARS TO TAKE 6 MONTH BREAK FROM MUSIC

Image result for britney spears 2017

It's been revealed that Britney Spears will be taking at least the first half of 2018 off from work.

She had been planning to release a country album entitled 'Got To Go Through Hell To Get To Heaven', however after a performance of planned lead single, 'End of the World' at the CMAs, everything went silent signalling that plans had changed.

Now her team have confirmed that after the poor response and sales of her tenth album, 'Warrior Princess', Spears is taking some time out to live life before getting to work on her 11th record which is due for release at some point in 2018.

Her team confirmed that she'll still pop up from time to time on other people's tracks to ensure she stays in people's minds.

• Upvote 4

Image result for tmz logo

BELLA THORNE SPOTTED LEAVING ELECTRIC LADY RECORDING STUDIO

Image result for bella thorne paparazzi 2017

The controversial Disney princess was spotted exiting the doors of the NYC's famed Electric Lady Recording Studio alongside her entourage and music producers Adam Pallin, SOPHIE and A.G. Cook . When interrogated by the paparazzi about her recent time in the studio, she revealed that she would be releasing her album in 2018. " I have been making music for a while and I will be releasing the lead to my debut album next Friday. I'd consider it fluffy, Winx Club R&B. I guess everyone was expecting me to debut with some Bangerz- esque type song but the first two songs are pop--R&B, something like early 2000's Britney Spears." When reported asked if she completed the album, she simply answered "Yes! I've completed the last two songs not too long ago and the album's been sent for mixing"

• Upvote 6

Rk3t6OY.png

ARMANI AT KBBY 104.1 // USA

Armani has kickstarted her career with the recent release of her debut single ‘Paradise’. The 20-year-old, who travelled all the way from Haiti, is gearing up to have a massive first album – and it all starts with the first single. In an effort to promote this single, Armani stopped by KBBY 104.1, a radio station in California, earlier today. Below you can find the interview, so make sure you check it out!

ON 'PARADISE'

“Wow, where do I start, it has been an unbelievable journey, and I finally feel satisfied now we’ve release my very first release! I think the most important thing to know about the single is that it truly is very authentic to who I am. I was raised in the beautiful paradise of Haiti for a majority of my life, and the sounds and lyrics of my song definitely reflect that aspect of my life. I just feel like it is important people know that I’m not ‘ripping anyone off’ or ‘following trends’ – I’m just doing what came most natural to me. And honestly, I feel like that is the most important thing when it comes to music; doing what comes most natural to you and always staying authentic in your art.”

ON UPCOMING PROMOTION

“I’ve got a very packed, but exciting, December coming up full of promotion and performances! So many different shows I’ve been watching since I made my way over to the United States, and it’s crazy that I might get to see myself on them now. I’ve also got a very exciting product line launching VERY soon, so keep an eye out for that – as well as some merchandise to coincide with the release of ‘Paradise’. So, there’s definitely going to be a lot going on, and I’m hoping I’ll be inescapable by the end of December [laughs]. Also, I don’t know if I’m allowed to tell you this, so keep it a secret – but I’ve got a hot collaboration coming out with a huge latin artist this month, and I’d honestly say I’m more excited about that then my own music!”

ON DEBUT ALBUM

“Yes – my album recording sessions are over. You can definitely expect a lot of similar sounds and themes to ‘Paradise’, as I want to create a cohesive project with an almost over-arching storyline or message to it. While saying that, though, I also want to show diversity, so there is songs for everyone on the album – from ballads to dance music – all with that signature island touch. I found it really amazing that an artist can do any sort of music and still not loose their sense of individuality and artistry. And I really feel like this album shows that I can be diverse yet still maintain personality within my music. Overall, I’m just so excited for everyone to hear what I have to offer!”

After the interview concluded, the host thanked Armani for stopping by. The host reminded everyone to buy "Paradise" on iTunes. Then, the song was played on the radio.

Be sure to stream "Paradise" on all streaming services! Buy it on iTunes as well! Follow Armani on Twitter (@COPCAL_ARMANI)! Make sure you request "Paradise" on your local radio station! Check back here often, as we will always have the most recent updates on anything and everything Armani!

• Upvote 4

BELLA THORNE ANNOUNCES DEBUT SINGLE "HUSH"

OBXHD9A.jpg

The former Disney star disclosed the cover art to her debut single entitled "Hush" The song has been described by producers as an electropop-R&B track reminiscent of early 2000s pop music with an electronic spin to it. The single is scheduled to be released worldwide on December 8, 2017 

• Upvote 4

ff5PNup.png

SHE'S FLYING SOLO: FERGIE'S FIRST SOLO ALBUM IS ON THE WAY

xdyV6Ni.png

Earlier this year, the queen of Black Eyed Peas, Fergie, signed to Retrofuture Records and it was reported that she started working on her first solo album. After over four albums with the Peas, the californian singer started working on her debut album a couple months ago and it seems that the last touches are being made - through Twitter, Fergie shared a picture with the executive producer/CEO, Venus Brown, who is one of the executive producers of the album, along with Fergie herself. According to Billboard, the singer is expected to drop her first solo single in the next few weeks.

Make sure to follow Fergie on her Twitter, by clicking here or on the picture above!

• Upvote 7

tmz.png 

madonna.jpg 2dd0002d135e2483a0c5b780fe0f5f93.jpg

MADONNA AND OLLY ALEXANDER TEASE UPCOMING XPRESS URSELF EVETNS

A few months ago, the Queen of Pop Madonna and fairly new pop star Olly Alexander announced that they were joining forces for a charity called xPRESS uRSELF which aims to present the arts of the LGBTQ+ community. Already during two dates of Madonna's acclaimed and hugely successful Freakshow World Tour as well as all five dates of Shawn Mendes' mini-tour last month. The charity plans to hold various xPRESS uRSELF exhibitions around the world which will show off physical art, digital art, theater, dance, music, performance, and other art forms that come from LGBTQ+ community members. The organizations announcement was met with a positive reception from industry peers as well as the general public. The organizations website promised to update the public whenever new events were coming. Based on a conversation on Twitter today, that may be happening sooner rather than later. 

Olly recently announced he was coming back to the industry after some time off. It appears that he and Madonna were quick to get back into contact. Apparently, the two are planning something involving their project. This has gotten the rumor mill going with many wondering if it is an exhibition, music, performance, or maybe all that is on the table. These are two of the most exciting artists working in the industry so there's no telling what they're up to. 

• Upvote 4

Official Music Video Release

Allison Harvard feat. 21 Savage

csIq5Yu.png

"Redrum"

Full song below:

HcfUfnq.jpg

The video starts with Allison laying down in a living room filled with flowers and knick knacks. She is sitting down, singing the intro, 21 Savage's deep voice could be heard in the background of the track, as bright red letters flashed against the screen strobe-light-style. "REDRUM Allison x Savage" It read in 2 lines, the EYE records logo on the bottom as if it's a movie credit.

Allison stands up, the camera follows her, as she sings the first verse.

"I’m in my web

I’m killin em off

They had no chance

But i still popped off"

People who have heard Allison's past music know that she doesn't usually rap, but it's a new era and a new sound. Allison murders the beat flawlessly by continuing her verse co-written by Savage. You could hear his "21"'s in the background of the beat helping Allison ride the flow. Allison peers out the window while picking up a stuffed animal, and squeezes the head hard enough for us to notice her agression. The camera pans to her face and she's pissed.

wao4QeU.jpg?1

Allison then is shown putting on clothes like a doll while singing the first hook, Savage joining in although he isn't in the video yet.

"Redrum

Redrum

Redrum

My bullets are loud they bang like a drum

Redrum

Redrum

Redrum

Call me an athlete cause I’m on the run"

020B25977C83D7EE42F41943DC58E6BBF8324FC7

The video cuts to Savage in another room, counting money with his goons. He turns his head to the camera and raps his verse

"Yah Yah

Got creepychan ridin shotgun

Yah yah

If she feel disrespected issa problem"

There is then a strobe light effect with Allison in black & white transitioning through the strobe,

once Savage's verse ends the strobe stops and it is now only Allison

tumblr_m428vzC1Fd1r61x0co1_500.gifd14366e39c4b9c5c239b228e8b158700.gif

The hook is then repeated twice with more visuals of Allison as a doll. 

The video pans out from the window in the first room and we find out that Allison & Savage are inside an actual dollhouse.

**end of video**

Purchase the "Redrum" Single on itunes now!

Also avaliable on Apple Music & Spotify

Song:

Spoiler

Intro: (21 Savage)

Yah, yah yah yah

Allison

Yah,

Verse 1: (Allison Harvard)

I’m in my web

I’m killin em off

They had no chance

But i still popped off

I tell em bout that red hourglass

your time is limited

(limited)

Pain 1-10? I think that we need to triple it

(triple it)

you just slayed by a formal top model contestant

(testant)

In the trunk I got the answer to your testament

(testament)

hide the bodies in my fridge

If i hear sirens I dip

Lickity split 

You can call me the beast

I got new toys to say the least

But take my word for it you don’t wanna see em

Ill have you underwater, pot ledom

Speakin backwards like im bout to commit redrum

Hook: (21 Savage & Allison)

Redrum

Redrum

Redrum

Redrum

Redrum

Redrum

Call me an athlete cause I’m on the run

Verse 2: (21 Savage)

Yah Yah

Got creepychan ridin shotgun

Yah yah

If she feel disrespected issa problem

These niggas tryin it ima have Allison reach the glove

Gettin away with it like i didnt fit the glove

murkin these niggas like it was a hobby

Plead the fifth you niggas wish you could stop me

Redrum

Redrum

Redrum

Redrum

Redrum

Redrum

Redrum

Redrum

Redrum

Redrum

Redrum

Redrum

• Upvote 6

Y5puHhC.png

Single Release

Kitty - Overpass

16QPBqH.png

Title: Overpass

Length: 4:39

Genre: Synthpop / Hiphop / Pop / Electronic

Producer: Pat lukens

"Overpass" is Kitty's newest single from her third upcoming Studio LP. After leaving EYE Records and joining Pink Friday Entertainment Kitty released a critically acclaimed rap/pop album that had multiple smash singles. But felt that her music should go down a different route with more singing and zero to none rapping. The song is super synthy & smoothly produced, with samples of seagulls & ocean waves in the background. Information about Kitty's third record has not been released at this time. 

Overpass is avaliable on Itunes, Spotify, Apple Music, & Soundcloud.

Song:

Spoiler

Lyrics:

Spoiler

[Verse 1]
Pale and frigid, never listen
I’m always rolling my eyes
Now I’m sitting, planning kisses
You hold me frozen in time
Don’t leave me blind, don’t leave me blind…

[Verse 2]
Tell me why you seem so small? Are you scared of me?
And tell me, do you breathe at all? Is the air unclean?
And I know I’m walking slow, 'cuz I’m bleeding in my sock
And the cars that fill the road, are they ever gonna stop?
Are they ever gonna stop? Are they ever gonna stop?

[Hook]
We’ll pick up all the pieces
And keep this all between me and you
We’ll put back all the pieces
Between me and you, between me and you

[Verse 3]
Hidden planet, pretty hands, you take mine
Melting me down
Whisper sweet, you’re wishing me a safe night
And sending me out

[Bridge]
I don’t wanna hear from anyone here so I didn’t pack my phone
Never really seen it rain before here, so I left my coat at home
If you wanna lead the way, you can take my hand and keep it
I can keep a secret
I don’t wanna hear from anyone here so I didn’t pack my phone
Never really seen it rain before here, so I left my coat at home
If you wanna lead the way, you can take my hand and keep it
I can keep a secret

[Hook]

• Upvote 5

Pre-order:

CYBERSPACED - RICO NASTY

1iGX8QG.png

Artist: Rico Nasty

Album title: Cyberspaced

Length: 44 min

Genre: Hip-hop / Rap

DMV rapper Rico Nasty has been making waves lately, with a feature on the Fast & Furious soundtrack to having Lil Yachty on one of her songs, the rapper already has an impressive track record. But with her own adopted genre (Sugartrap) the rapper delivers some of the grittiest lyrics not even male rappers can finesse with sugary sweet hiphop beats to match her distinct raspy voice.

Shortly after releasing studio debut single "Poppin'", Rico has announced Cyberspaced on twitter, with a link to it's preorder which is due January 5th. When you preorder the album you receive Poppin' instantly.

Tracklist:

1. Poppin’

2. TBA

3. TBA

4. TBA

5. TBA

6. TBA

7. TBA

8. TBA

9. TBA

10. TBA

11. TBA

Poppin' official music video:

• Upvote 4

UH3iEjx.png

TEXT VERSION:

Spoiler

DNCE SIGNS WITH RECORD X; TEASES NEW MUSIC + COLLAB WITH CARLY

DNCE is a new American dance-rock band consisting of Jack Lawless (drummer), Cole Whittle (bassist and keyboardist), JinJoo Lee (guitarist), and Joe Jonas (vocalist). The latter of which was a former member of the band Jonas Brothers, the older brother of now soloist, Nick Jonas.

Collaboration with Carly.
The group is currently signed with RecordX, the recording company that also has Carly Rae Jepsen who just released her new holiday EP, Christmas. The group also teased a collaboration with Carly Rae Jepsen in their Twitter account which was also supported with a reply from Carly Rae Jepsen indicating a possible collaboration for either's upcoming album. This was neither denied nor confirmed by their recording company, RecordX. 

Influences.
However, RecordX has confirmed that DNCE is currently playing with sounds reminiscent of disco funk hits in the 70s. Their sound is highly comparable to the works of Electric Light Orchestra, Sly and the Family Stone, Weezer, Earth, Wind & Fire, Hall & Oates, Prince, the Bee Gees, and Led Zeppelin.

Why DNCE? What it means.
The idea for DNCE first came about while Jonas and Lawless were living together, though the project was put on hold due to duo's respective busy schedules. Jonas, Lawless, and Lee officially came together to form DNCE in 2015, with work on their debut studio album beginning shortly afterwards. Though work on the project had already begun, the group struggled to find a fourth member to fit into the band. Jonas began working with songwriter Justin Tranter, of Semi Precious Weapons, for DNCE's debut album; this led to Jonas and Whittle, the former bassist for Semi Precious Weapons, becoming friends and ultimately adding him to the group. The group named themselves DNCE after the name of a song written for the album, which lyrically speaks of being too drunk to spell the word "dance". Jonas later added that the group decided on the name as it described the "imperfect awesome[ness] of the four of [them] together." JinJoo later added that much like the spelling of the word, you don't have to be a perfect dancer to dance in life.

The future.
DNCE is currently prepping for an album and hopefully a single release in the near future. Although they haven't confirmed a specific date for it yet, RecordX thinks that it would be sometime in 2018. The recording company is not pressuring DNCE and were even given enough resources to let their creativity flow to their music.

• Upvote 7

popcrush.png

SHAWN MENDES GETS PERSONAL IN EXCLUSIVE POP CRUSH INTERVIEW 

tumblr_oteqcyudUZ1wt6ra9o1_400.gif

We all know that Shawn Mendes is a pretty open person. Not only has he bared his very soul on his blockbuster debut album Revelation but he's also been very open and honest about his political and social opinions. Shawn said in an interview earlier this year that he was "an open book". Well, we here at PopCrush decided to put him to the test. We asked Shawn to come sit down with one of our main reporters to do give a personal interview. Shawn's response? "Bring. It. On. PopCrush!"

ON RUMORS ABOUT HIS SEXUALITY 

"I knew as soon as I released Boys and Boys everybody would assume I was gay. But, no I promise you that song was a gay pride song written by a straight man haha! The song itself is from the perspective of a straight man and the lyrics are what he's saying to his gay friend. The message of the song is that love is love. But yeah, I knew people would start assuming. I'm not gay. I'm straight. But if I was gay, that wouldn't matter. I've believed my entire life that love is love is love is love. It doesn't matter if it's between man and woman, woman and woman, man and man, black and white, anything...love knows no gender or ethnicity or color. I'm heterosexual. I date girls, I'm sexually attracted to girls. I'll admit that there have been times where that wasn't exclusively true, but I think most people have that moment in life. There's curiosities that a lot of people have and I'm no different. But it's not how I identify. But, like I said, if it was, that doesn't matter." 

ON POLITICS AND HIS USE OF POLITICS IN HIS MUSIC

"I'm not shy when it comes to my political opinion. I shared it a lot on the album. What It Means and Wish It Was Over are the two big political songs on the album, but I think deeper than that. I've always been really interested in the ability that we have to speak and share opinions. And sometimes that can be tricky, but we still need to exercise that right. I'm Canadian, but I live in New York now. I'm officially a United States citizen as well as a Canadian citizen. And I have political opinions on both sides of that citizenship. I have thoughts about Canada's prime minister. I have many thoughts on the U.S. government right now. And I'm not shy to talk about it. I'm not shy to sing about it. I can be brutally honest. I don't think I'll change on that position."

ON RELIGIOUS IMAGERY AND USE OF RELIGIOUS IDEAS IN HIS MUSIC

"It's not very easy to pick up on it in the album, but I do make references to religious thoughts and imagery. I mean, the album is called Revelation haha! I grew up around religion. Canada is predominately Roman Catholic so I went to mass every once in a while. My parents were never hardcore religious, but I knew about religion and religion did play a good role in my life. It still does. Before I head out on stage, the band and I pray. But I wouldn't say that I'm an overly religious person. I see a lot of beauty in religion and religious imagery has always been interesting to me. So I don't think using religion in music and religious imagery is wrong. Like Madonna did in '89 with Like a Prayer and when she was on a cross on the Confessions Tour in '06. I don't see why she can't. I don't see why any of us can't. I have a fascination with religious symbolism and imagery so expect me to explore that a bit more." 

Well it looks like Shawn beat our little test. It appears Mr. Mendes is as open as he says. 

Tickets for Shawn's Ocean Wave Avenue Tour are on sale now!

• Upvote 2