Breakdown

Who Will Be The Next Big Pop Girl?

For this topic I chose seven of the up and coming pop stars I think have the best chance of becoming legitimate pop stars. All chart positions and certifications are based off of the US unless otherwise specified. I know I forgot a lot so feel free to discuss and add more candidates in the comments.

Tori Kelly - 
Receipts: Her #2 peaking debut album was executive produced by Max Martin. Widely regarded as having one of the best voices in the music industry. Starred in the movie, Sing. Grammy nominated with 3 gold certified singles (Nobody Love, Should've Been Us, Hollow). 

Tove Lo -
Receipts: Her two albums, Queen of the Clouds and Lady Wood, debuted at #14 and #11 respectively. Has two top 15 hits, Habits (Stay High) peaked at #3 and Talking Body at #12. Wrote worldwide smash hit 'Love Me Like You Do' for Ellie Goulding. Nominated for a Grammy and Golden Globe. Debut album went platinum and debut single went 5x platinum.

MØ -
Receipts: Adored by critics, sung on and co-wrote two of the biggest global smashes in recent history, Lean On and Cold Water. 

Hailee Steinfield - 
Receipts: Had a global hit with Starving. Oscar nominated actress. Her debut single had the highest debut on the pop songs airplay chart (#27) since Natalie Imbruglia's 'Torn' in 1996.

Dua Lipa -
Receipts: Her music is praised by critics. Her debut album was #2 on iTunes worldwide. Big star in Europe. Already has seven singles off her debut album. 

Daya - 
Receipts: Sang on the #3 peaking smash 'Don't Let Me Down'. Her debut single, Hideaway, is 2x platinum. Follow-up, Sit Still Look Pretty, is platinum. Both singles hit the top thirty. 

Alessia Cara -
Receipts: Three top 10 smashes and pop airplay #1's. Stay was #1 on pop radio for six consecutive weeks. Sang on the Moana soundtrack. Debut album debuted in the Top 10 and is certified platinum. Here, her debut single was a top five hit and went 3x platinum. 

8 minutes ago, Div said:

For this topic I chose seven of the up and coming pop stars I think have the best chance of becoming legitimate pop stars. All chart positions and certifications are based off of the US unless otherwise specified. I know I forgot a lot so feel free to discuss and add more candidates in the comments.

Tori Kelly - 
Receipts: Her #2 peaking debut album was executive produced by Max Martin. Widely regarded as having one of the best voices in the music industry. Starred in the movie, Sing. Grammy nominated with 3 gold certified singles (Nobody Love, Should've Been Us, Hollow). 

Tove Lo -
Receipts: Her two albums, Queen of the Clouds and Lady Wood, debuted at #14 and #11 respectively. Has two top 15 hits, Habits (Stay High) peaked at #3 and Talking Body at #12. Wrote worldwide smash hit 'Love Me Like You Do' for Ellie Goulding. Nominated for a Grammy and Golden Globe. Debut album went platinum and debut single went 5x platinum.

MØ -
Receipts: Adored by critics, sung on and co-wrote two of the biggest global smashes in recent history, Lean On and Cold Water. 

Hailee Steinfield - 
Receipts: Had a global hit with Starving. Oscar nominated actress. Her debut single had the highest debut on the pop songs airplay chart (#27) since Natalie Imbruglia's 'Torn' in 1996.

Dua Lipa -
Receipts: Her music is praised by critics. Her debut album was #2 on iTunes worldwide. Big star in Europe. Already has seven singles off her debut album. 

Daya - 
Receipts: Sang on the #3 peaking smash 'Don't Let Me Down'. Her debut single, Hideaway, is 2x platinum. Follow-up, Sit Still Look Pretty, is platinum. Both singles hit the top thirty. 

Alessia Cara -
Receipts: Three top 10 smashes and pop airplay #1's. Stay was #1 on pop radio for six consecutive weeks. Sang on the Moana soundtrack. Debut album debuted in the Top 10 and is certified platinum. Here, her debut single was a top five hit and went 3x platinum. 

I agree with every single one of these girls :wendy11:

I'm sorry but Tove Lo had a promising career and unfortunately didn't deliver on her sophomore album, which flopped terribly.

I think Alessia Cara might be really big because she has such a huge appeal with the general public from all age groups. She doesn't really sing about sex or oversexualize herself so I think that's what will make her America's new sweetheart. Some of her music is kinda generic but it's what people like.

As much as I love Dua Lipa, I don't see her being a huge pop star. Her album flopped in the U.S. and all her singles did too. She did well in the U.K. but that's about it.

I can, however, see Jess Gylnne being a huge popstar. Her debut album peaked at #25 in the U.S. without having a breakout song there. And she sold over 900k in the U.K. alone. I think she has a promising future.