Jump to content

AtlanticRecordsAssistant

Perez Hilton: "Taylor Swift is unrivalled; the Madonna of this generation"

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, TeamCardiB said:

With the Reputation era she is ... but before then her career wasn't. 

What boundaries has shr pushed?  So far her lead single is about her coming back from what seemed like social death after the Kim and Kanye exposè, the court hearing, and constant media dragging her....she has come out of hiding and is basically re-branding herself....this isnt something innovative or new..... Now the Music Video was BAD ASS but didnt push any social taboos into the light 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Human Nature said:

He's a delusional pig. I won't even watch the video because he doesn't deserve my attention or view. The way how he treats celebs is disgusting.

:asmrchew1: go off mawma

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Nicki Minaj said:

He's saying that cuz he has Bad Blood (feat. Kendrick Lamar) with the actual Madonna of this generation :wendy22:

you'd think that because he also has beef with the Gaga of this generation, madonna and him would be good friends :nickiprague2:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Disgusting Swine.mp3 has the guts to compare Taylor to Madonna!?!?!

there is one Madonna and one only !

Taylor Is An Amazing Artist But You Do Not Compare A Successful woman that her career has lived on for more than 30 years!

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nicki Minaj said:

Are you trying to call Nicki the Gaga of this generation? :poot: Gaga isn't that old, sis :poot:

i was calling gaga the gaga of this gen- :wendyk:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Khris said:

you'd think that because he also has beef with the Gaga of this generation, madonna and him would be good friends :nickiprague2:

What A Pig he is 

he sent gaga a photo of her on a wheelchair and Madonna on top of Gaga with a gun on gagas head 

Disgusting Pig 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nicki Minaj said:

Oh, nevermind then :wendy24:

  Reveal hidden contents

I'm still confused but I guess your ARTPOP can mean anything.

 

i think i just got the joke that you called gaga the madonna of this gen so thats where this mess came from, sorry sistren :wendyk:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Nicki Minaj said:

He's saying that cuz he has Bad Blood (feat. Kendrick Lamar) with the actual Madonna of this generation :wendy22:

You Mean Gaga?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-When Katy Perry came out with Teenage Dream, we were all swooning over how she's the next huge thing.

--When Rihanna broke the scene with GGGB, everybody knew her success is going to be ginormous.

-When Adele released 21, people felt she's going to be the best-selling artist of all time.

--When Miley Cyrus released her debut album, the world was in awe and anticipated her to become one of the legends.

-Justin Bieber's Purpose era was close to 1989's in terms of success.

 

So, no, Taylor Swift isn't the Madonna of our generation. Most of these artists I listed had much more successful eras and impact than Taylor's 1989 era, but we don't call them the Madonnas of our generation. Just because someone has a great music video won't make them "Madonnas". Except one, who received a lot of success and has been plenty compared to Madonna in a positive light :)))).

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, badgallaura said:

-When Katy Perry came out with Teenage Dream, we were all swooning over how she's the next huge thing.

--When Rihanna broke the scene with GGGB, everybody knew her success is going to be ginormous.

-When Adele released 21, people felt she's going to be the best-selling artist of all time.

--When Miley Cyrus released her debut album, the world was in awe and anticipated her to become one of the legends.

-Justin Bieber's Purpose era was close to 1989's in terms of success.

 

So, no, Taylor Swift isn't the Madonna of our generation. Most of these artists I listed had much more successful eras and impact than Taylor's 1989 era, but we don't call them the Madonnas of our generation. Just because someone has a great music video won't make them "Madonnas". Except one, who received a lot of success and has been plenty compared to Madonna in a positive light :)))).

Plus, it takes more than musical success to be called a Madonna. Taylor had 1989 which had the world in awe as she transitioned into pop, and her Reputation era has barely begun, so I'm not sure what is he talking about. "MADONNA WAS SMART, TAYLOR SWIFT IS SMART." Well, so was Albert Einstein, but he isn't the Madonna of our generation.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't even like Madonna all that much, but I can appreciate everything she has done with her career. Taylor has literally done nothing with her career besides make a name for herself. Taylor's a strategic business woman. Madonna was an artist who truly used her platform to bring social and political awareness. The things we remember Taylor for down the road won't even compare to what we still remember Madonna for.

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×