Jump to content
The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×
Move over Eurovision! COPvision is back! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Emma Spears

Will LWYMMD bring 2000s electropop back to mainstream?

Recommended Posts

Production wise, LWYMMD is extremely similar to what was being released during the 2006-2008 music eras, The Veronicas' "Hook Me Up" and 3OH!3's "WANT" in particular. Tropical House/Dance Music has been the craze since mid 2015, and it's about time pop music needs to be pushed in a new direction. Do you think that Taylor alone will be enough to change the sound of radio and pop music?

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's becoming a trend in music where artists are leaning toward a more 'dark pop' approach. Lorde did it, Selena did it, and it was only a matter of time before Taylor hoped on the bandwagon tbh. But I love it! I hope the rest of the album sounds similar to LWYMMD. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kylie Minogue said:

I think it's becoming a trend in music where artists are leaning toward a more 'dark pop' approach. Lorde did it, Selena did it, and it was only a matter of time before Taylor hoped on the bandwagon tbh. But I love it! I hope the rest of the album sounds similar to LWYMMD. 

When did Selena ever go Dark Pop? Fetish and Bad Liar are experimental for her but I'd hardly say it's dark pop. I do think that Taylor was definitely inspired by Melodrama while making this album, considering the two are close friends.

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Emma Spears said:

When did Selena ever go Dark Pop? Fetish and Bad Liar are experimental for her but I'd hardly say it's dark pop. I do think that Taylor was definitely inspired by Melodrama while making this album, considering the two are close friends.

Yea she was definitely inspired by Lorde bc Jack Antonoff worked with both of them. I think he even worked on this song.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I... don't know. For some reason, despite the song's huge sales in its debut so far, I still can't see it becoming... idk.. mainstream I guess? The reviews are mixed at best, and if Taylor hadn't been away from the music scene for a while, I don't think it would have been a hit.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, badgallaura said:

I... don't know. For some reason, despite the song's huge sales in its debut so far, I still can't see it becoming... idk.. mainstream I guess? The reviews are mixed at best, and if Taylor hadn't been away from the music scene for a while, I don't think it would have been a hit.

Yeah the promo for this single has been crazy and she's debuting her MV at the VMA's no matter how bad the song is I don't think it can fail

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×