Sign in to follow this  
badgallaura

Taylor Swift Album Cover "Possible Shade"

So a lot of people are coming up with theories of how Taylor's shading Kim and Kanye with her new album cover.

To start us off, there are similarities in the font. The font Taylor uses for her album cover is the NY Times font; the same one Kanye used for his The Life Of Pablo merchandise.

Similarities:

Spoiler

DH7ZhUFWsAAXBLZ.jpgscreen-shot-2017-08-24-at-10-31-07-15035

Secondly, her album's overlapping words seem oddly similar to The Life Of Pablo's album cover.

Similarities:

Spoiler

DH7ZhUFWsAAXBLZ.jpgDH7Zhi1XUAEpIqh.jpg

Third, Taylor appears to be wearing what resembles a Yeezy! Although it is confirmed to be from Pinko, the similarities are striking.

Similarities:

Spoiler

DH7ZhUFWsAAXBLZ.jpggallery-1467203617-gettyimages-509647906

original-grid-image-1319-1503526988-6.jp

For the fourth of it, Taylor appears to be rocking a wet hair on the album cover, something Kim Kardashian has been related with.

Similarities:

Spoiler

19228908_868503049966688_463036669521349kim_k_wet_hair_1.jpg

kim-kardashian-the-daily-front-row-award 

Finally, the people who shot Taylor's album cover are Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott. Although they've worked with Taylor before, they've also worked with Kim Kardashian before and are seemingly very close buddies with her; leading people to speculate she's reached to them as a further subtle shade.

Some of the many times they were with/shooting for Kim:

Spoiler

13266770_306518089680176_1045219077_n.jp

21042320_1683464245029516_65862076741053

18888550_274794196326599_674372264474863

All in all, some of these might seem like a reach, but Taylor's releasing her album on Kanye's mother's death anniversary, she shaded Kanye in her lyric video of her latest song Look What You Made Me Do, and she clearly was coming for blood once she posted the three snake videos... so after all of that, it seems she's more than calculated her steps and all of these events are becoming increasingly unlikely to be "coincidental".

What do you guys think?

• Upvote 5

So I believe that everything on this list is on purpose except for the release date. But the rest? Yeah, the font and cover style is aimed at Kanye. She's coming for blood!

3 minutes ago, badgallaura said:

Finally, the people who shot Taylor's album cover are Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott. Although they've worked with Taylor before, they've also worked with Kim Kardashian before and are seemingly very close buddies with her; leading people to speculate she's reached to them as a further subtle shade.

Mert Alas works with almost everybody on this industry I don't think that is a shade/diss.

Similarities:

Reveal hidden contents

DH7ZhUFWsAAXBLZ.jpgscreen-shot-2017-08-24-at-10-31-07-15035

Secondly, her album's overlapping words seems oddly similar to The Life Of Pablo.

Similarities:

Reveal hidden contents

DH7ZhUFWsAAXBLZ.jpgDH7Zhi1XUAEpIqh.jpg

Third, Taylor appears to be wearing what resembles a Yeezy! Although it is confirmed to be from Pinko, the similarities are striking.

those writing skills came out hundred years ago so no.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ray of Light said:

Mert Alas works with almost everybody on this industry I don't think that is a shade/diss.

those writing skills came out hundred years ago so no.

He was, but it seems odd she specifically chose those people, who are known to be close with Kim.

As for the font, we all know neither Kanye nor Taylor invented it, but the fact she has multiple shady factors in her album cover makes it very likely she used it on purpose to jab at Kanye.

• Upvote 3

He was, but it seems odd she specifically chose those people, who are known to be close with Kim.

As for the font, we all know neither Kanye nor Taylor invented it, but the fact she has multiple shady factors in her album cover makes it very likely she used it on purpose to jab at Kanye.

I just expressed my thoughts about it. You did a good job sweetie :beyclap: 

Spoiler

as usual :jan1: 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Ever since kanye booed her off the stage for beyonce...shes getting her revenge. Id honestly do the same, kanye has been awful towards her... not sure why the messs is gonna go on but kinda here for this revenge album

Yeah but she was all like "I had no call with Kanye whatsoever about mentioning my name in his song", while in reality it was the complete opposite. It's true that she never approved of the words "I made that bitch famous" as Kanye never told her about them, but she flat out lied to the world and denied ANY relation with Kanye. Given that, it was obvious she was trying to bury him and is being petty by altering the truth. Furthermore, she and Kanye buried the hatchet a while ago, but she chose to reignite the feud.

All in all, Kanye wasn't in the right to interfere when Taylor was going to win the award, and he wasn't right to hide some lyrics from her, but Taylor undeniably pretended she's in the dark when it comes to anything Kanye will do; so she isn't in the right either given that's scheming. I think this balance each other out, but Kanye wasn't the one plotting.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, badgallaura said:

Yeah but she was all like "I had no call with Kanye whatsoever about mentioning my name in his song", while in reality it was the complete opposite. It's true that she never approved of the words "I made that bitch famous" as Kanye never told her about them, but she flat out lied to the world and denied ANY relation with Kanye. Given that, it was obvious she was trying to bury him and is being petty by altering the truth. Furthermore, she and Kanye buried the hatchet a while ago, but she chose to reignite the feud.

All in all, Kanye wasn't in the right to interfere when Taylor was going to win the award, and he wasn't right to hide some lyrics from her, but Taylor undeniably pretended she's in the dark when it comes to anything Kanye will do; so she isn't in the right either given that's scheming. I think this balance each other out, but Kanye wasn't the one plotting.

Oh yeh i heard about the conversation kanye and taylor had that kim leaked on snapchat, kinda forgot but now remember i feel those two are both as bad but taylor seems to keep dragging it on. Kanye prob is gonna plot back if it actually shade towards him and Kim and as the look of things are.

I am shocked she still played that girl next door act for so long when really she played us all.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, VioletWitch said:

I'm all for petty, but I still don't see why emulating Kanye is beneficial to her at all. It only ties her to him forever. 

I stan her, but even I see how dumb it'd be if it were true.

I don't believe she was trying to though. The font is supposed to emulate a news paper headline and her fashion choice is supposed to be edgy. I had no idea Kanye invented distressed baggy clothing and he took that font from somewhere else himself.

• Upvote 1