The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×
Move over Eurovision! COPvision is back! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Moebius

Is this Taylor's semi-ARTPOP era?

I'm reading tweets and some of the GP is NOT here for her :o Also, some fans seem disappointed in the song saying it's underwhelming (my thoughts exactly too)  and it's getting some dislikes on YouTube. But at the same time, the songs has already sold 100k :wendy20: While I think she'll still have MASSIVE success this era, it might be her ARTPOP. Note how I'm using ARTPOP here and not Witness cause Witness flopped harder than ARTPOP and I will never even try to imagine Taylor actually selling below 6 million on an album now, or her leads NOT going #1 or #2. 

I still think the Kim drama damaged her reputation, and this comeback single is as petty as her feuds, the GP are getting sick of it, but she still has her absolutely massive fanbase so she's secure :o 

What do you think will happen with this era? I'm intrigued to speculate :o 

Not sure at all that she'll replicate the success of 1989, that was quite unexpected and Taylor herself said so. It will probably be on the level of Red and Speak Now, which is a lot anyway. 

I honestly don't think she's going to have another 1989 era. She'll probably smash and be a huge success, but it's difficult to replicate such a successful album, especially that she STILL seems to be basing her music off her "personal experiences". Perhaps if her next song isn't like the current one, then maybe. I would assume her debut song is selling this much because she hasn't been making music for a while now and she was highly anticipated. We'll see.

• Upvote 2