Lovin' It

Camila Cabello Loses Her Voice

Camila Cabello said her album is expected to come out September 22nd! She said she was just in the studio redoing her song with Ed Sheeran, which explains the one post about her being back in the studio. 

"After Sheeran compared the team-up to something along the lines of James Brown or Beyoncé's "Crazy In Love," Cabello gushed about the track in an interview with iHeartRadio, admitting that the song is still very much a work in progress. 

"It's awesome. I actually just recut the vocals cause I wanted to do it in a higher key," she told us after her set at the 2017 Billboard Hot 100 Festival. "I was on the phone with him and he was like, 'If you don't lose your voice after this recording session, you didn't do a good job,' and I did lose my voice. I lost my voice [for], like, a week and a half after that and I still have to do ad-libs because I had to stop."

For Cabello, who has idolized the British singer/songwriter for years, it was a moment that felt very much like a dream come true. "How many people get to say that they're collaborating or working with or doing a song with their idol?" she asked. "Even on the phone with him, while I was cutting it, I was like, 'I can't believe that this is real.' I'm really talking to him about a song that we're doing. You know what I mean? It's crazy."

As Sheeran explained in May, he wrote the song and tried his best to record the demo in a register that would likely compliment Cabello's voice. "I demoed this song where I sing really high as if I'm a girl, singing all these lyrics about being a girl. I sent it to her," he explained. "She kind of took it apart and made it obviously sound like her. She changed 90 percent of the lyrics on it." 

Still waiting for her Crazy In Love. Ed Sheeran is so full of shit.

:wendy17:

5 minutes ago, Jayyyyy said:

As Sheeran explained in May, he wrote the song and tried his best to record the demo in a register that would likely compliment Cabello's voice. "I demoed this song where I sing really high as if I'm a girl, singing all these lyrics about being a girl. I sent it to her," he explained. "She kind of took it apart and made it obviously sound like her. She changed 90 percent of the lyrics on it." 

A talented song-writer! :wendy27:

Suddenly I like Ed Sheeran ?????

giphy.gif

Spoiler

kidding btw :wendy26:

• Upvote 1