Sign in to follow this  
ONIKA

The real fact of the matter is

12 minutes ago, ONIKACRAZY said:

The Teenage Dream era is bigger than anything Taylor has ever and will ever released. Roar and Dark Horse are more remembered than any of the 1989 singles too. 

Taylor has more longevity. Katy has already fizzled out in comparison. Thank goodness she has Feels with Calvin.

Also Taylor has never said anything about Katy ever by name. So it is all the media being sleuths. 

Just now, Maren Swift said:

Taylor has more longevity. Katy has already fizzled out in comparison. Thank goodness she has Feels with Calvin.

Well in the eyes of many people she's a new pop star. And let's wait and see how Reputation does first.

Ummm no.

7M < 10M album sales

52 metacritic score < 75 metacritic score

59M grossing tour < 250M grossing tour 

Also why on earth are all of you ignoring the fact she re-packaged it in order to get 2 more hits- Wide Awake and Part Of Me which therefore bumps up her single sales? Is this considered cheating? :rose11:

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Farrah Fawcett said:

Ummm no.

7M < 10M album sales

52 metacritic score < 75 metacritic score

59M grossing tour < 250M grossing tour 

and why on earth are all of you ignoring the fact she re-packaged it in order to get 2 more hits- Wide Awake and Part Of Me which therefore bumps up her single sales? Is this considered cheating? :rose11:

Uh, Teenage Dream era sold almost 70M records WW, sis. When someone sold that fucking much from an album, then that's an ultra rare achievement that deserves nothing but respect. I don't think any other stats matter -- the mere fact an era on its own sold that much is fucking H U G E. Only Adele and Rihanna are behind Teenage Dream era, with about 45-46M for Adele (21) and 44M for Rihanna (GGGB)

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, badgallaura said:

Uh, Teenage Dream era sold almost 70M records WW, sis. When someone sold that fucking much from an album, then that's an ultra rare achievement that deserves nothing but respect. I don't think any other stats matter -- the mere fact an era on its own sold that much is fucking H U G E. Only Adele and Rihanna are behind Teenage Dream era.

I loved Teenage Dream and the #1s are definitely something to be applauded, but it's certainly not the be all and end all of success.

Other stats DO matter though, single sales are far from the most important accolade especially compared with pure album sales and tours, even Beyonce said this. I'm not being unfair to Katy.

Just now, Farrah Fawcett said:

I loved Teenage Dream and the #1s are definitely something to be applauded, but it's certainly not the be all and end all of success.

Other stats DO matter though, single sales are far from the most important accolade, especially compared with pure album sales and tours.

Single sales aren't the epitome of receipts, but I see the 3M difference between Teenage Dream and 1989 a very very pale comparison once we see her 60~ish million singles sold.. especially that it's the best-selling digital era of all time. True, 1989 tour has garnered more money by a whooping 200M, but that's after Taytay has been in the industry for a long time. Prism itself had about 210M, and Taylor's first tour grossed close to Katy's Teenage Dream tour, which is a more fair comparison given the time both of them had been in the industry at that date.

So while Taylor had a more successful tour, Teenage Dream as an era still did outdone Taylor and had over 230M in sales alone. With tour, that's almost 300M. (Obviously, most of this money doesn't return to her). So with Taylor, I would assume she had close to 300M with album and single sales + tour, which is a remarkable feature and puts her monetary income at a very close rate to Katy back in the Teenage Dream era; although as a MUSICAL era, Teenage Dream still outperformed.

So point is, 1989 may have been huge, with touring especially, but I don't think when comparing album eras we mainly speak of tours and their income, but rather sales; although tours are strong receipts, I believe they belong to a category of their own. Anyways, including them, 1989 falls close to TD but that's only thanks to the huge tour, not the album itself.

6 hours ago, Homojénik said:

Also Swish Swish MV >>>> Any Taylor Swift MV 

giphy.gif

I thought u were being serious until this. 

Swish Swish was just tragic.

• Upvote 1