Sign in to follow this  
Nicki Minaj

Bad Blood MV vs. Swish Swish MV

Which is better?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Bad Blood
    • Swish Swish

Swish Swish is the bad copy of Bad Blood, honestly. A rivalry between two teams? Check. A bunch of cameos (with the difference that in BB they're all high profile stars, in SS they're unknown people)? Check. A rap feature? Check.

The special effects in BB have actual quality, the ones in SS are really low budget. I understand they ain't getting coins because of the flop the Witness era is, but if you don't have money for good effects just don't put them in the video.

I won't comment the fact that you all feel threatened by Taylor so much that you would shade an iconic video, winner of the VMA for video of the year, breaker of the VEVO record for the most views in 24 hours, third video of Taylor to surpass 1 billion views on YT and most importantly winner of the Grammy award for best music video.

Just now, Impossible Prince said:

How is it a copy?? :tayincourt: Basketball = Spy, James Bond theme?? Your posts don't make ANY sense

I literally wrote the aspect that Katy copied, aren't you gonna comment or deny them? Or do you read only the parts that you like? Why don't you respond to the fact that Katy copied Taylor's strategy to put cameos in the MV? Or to make two opposite teams fight each other, although one is on the battlefield and the other on a basketball field?

5 minutes ago, Nacht said:

Swish Swish is the bad copy of Bad Blood, honestly. A rivalry between two teams? Check. A bunch of cameos (with the difference that in BB they're all high profile stars, in SS they're unknown people)? Check. A rap feature? Check.

The special effects in BB have actual quality, the ones in SS are really low budget. I understand they ain't getting coins because of the flop the Witness era is, but if you don't have money for good effects just don't put them in the video.

I won't comment the fact that you all feel threatened by Taylor so much that you would shade an iconic video, winner of the VMA for video of the year, breaker of the VEVO record for the most views in 24 hours, third video of Taylor to surpass 1 billion views on YT and most importantly winner of the Grammy award for best music video.

But the difference is that Katy actually showed some sort of creativity with the Swish Swish video :ravenknows: while Bad Blood is literally a fight, a bunch of titles, people walking, fire and it ends :ravenknows: It's all hype and it's a shame that even respected award shows like the VMAs and Grammys fell for it :ravenknows:

• Upvote 8

Just now, Impossible Prince said:

Katy had cameos in Last Friday Night 3 years before bad blood. Both didn't invent cameos nor teams fighting against each other. 

I don't think it is a coincidence that in the supposed Taylor Swift diss-track that claps back at Bad Blood, the music video has similar vibes to Bad Blood. I don't know if it was done intentionally or like a humorous take on what Taylor did but it doesn't mean she didn't use Bad Blood as some sort of inspiration.

2 minutes ago, Impossible Prince said:

Katy had cameos in Last Friday Night 3 years before bad blood. Both didn't invent cameos nor teams fighting against each other. 

You actually made me remind that LFN and SS share another similarity: they both promote Just Dance in the MV! We love our payola queen, she receives them just as much as she gives them. The people in LFN are hardly considerable cameos, the most famous one was Rebecca Black. And that says all.

7 minutes ago, Nicki Minaj said:

But the difference is that Katy actually showed some sort of creativity with the Swish Swish video :ravenknows: while Bad Blood is literally a fight, a bunch of titles, people walking, fire and it ends :ravenknows: It's all hype and it's a shame that even respected award shows like the VMAs and Grammys fell for it :ravenknows:

I don't see any creativity in it, the plot is half copied from Space Jam.

:wendy16:

9 minutes ago, Nicki Minaj said:

Not Sicki Garbaj spilling tea like this :ravenknows: 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Nicki Minaj said:

What creativity though sis? It was like a parody of a bad parody of bad high school comedy.

1 minute ago, Impossible Prince said:

No it had Glee cast, those parents and the sax player. I honestly don't know why you keep trying to take credit from Katy that's tragic

I love Glee, it's one of the TV series from my adolescence that I loved but can Archie and Blaine's actors be considered famous cameos? Nah. I give credit when credit is due, the song is nice but the video is mediocre. Nothing special, and seeing you all comparing it to one of the best videos of this decade is tragic. I get you feel threatened by Taylor but there are less obvious ways of dragging her that don't show how much you are hating her right now because she managed to outshine your faves without having to do anything.