Nicki Minaj

Are award shows dying?

Are award shows dying?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are award shows dying?

• Yes
    • No
    • They could have their Revival.zip

You're all complaining about the VMA line up but, tbh, if I gave you Beyonce, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande and Britney Spears last year and you still made my ratings drop, I'd give you a shitty line up too. If the VMAs can't redeem themselves with a line up like last year's, I don't think they'll ever have a chance to redeem themselves.

So, the question remains: Are award shows dying? Award show performances are getting more views now that they're being uploaded to VEVO but award shows can't keep funding themselves off of adsense coins.

Will we see the VMAs, AMAs, EMAs, etc. closing within the next decade or so? :hay:

• Upvote 1

I feel like we're reaching a time where the younger generation who have grown up in the YouTube/iPhone/streaming era don't give two fucks about award shows or old school things like that and they look at people like Beyoncé Britney Gaga etc as "old and uncool". Just look at those pre teen freaks who idolise Jake Paul. Those are the type of people they look up to now, not pop girls. Truly depressing.

• Upvote 6

Soon we will reach a time where if you don't have a presence on YouTube in some way you will be pretty much irrelevant. It's why Kim K is now collabing with all those makeup gurus because her tv show is no longer holding up her relevance. It's all about your online presence these days because almost every single teen tween pre teen is online now and they're all waiting for the next big thing. Why do you think Snake Paul got 10cmillion subs in less than a year?

1 minute ago, Impossible Prince said:

They should get with the times and reinvent themselves. stream the event live on YouTube and get people that can satisfy all demographics. Also more performances.

Well, YouTube did their own award show in 2013 and that didn't really work out :jan2: at least it gave Gaga a top ten hit with Dope :wendy24:

27 minutes ago, Kylie Minogue said:

Award shows have been dead for the past decade lol. If they started giving awards to people who actually have talent then maybe their ratings would go up 

19 minutes ago, TeamCardiB said:

I feel like we're reaching a time where the younger generation who have grown up in the YouTube/iPhone/streaming era don't give two fucks about award shows or old school things like that and they look at people like Beyoncé Britney Gaga etc as "old and uncool". Just look at those pre teen freaks who idolise Jake Paul. Those are the type of people they look up to now, not pop girls. Truly depressing.

sisters? we been knew. 

:wendy14:

• Upvote 2

they need to stop worrying about what/who is popular and give awards to ppl who actually deserve them. I am still SO BOTHERED by when Meghan Trainor won Best New Artist Grammy instead of Tori, but Meghan was nominated the year before for AATB. 

Also actually have killer performances. These tired gimmicky performances don't draw anybody in. Gimme Britney with a snake and full on choreo!