R U READY? COP Phase 2.0 IS COMING... Read more... ×
COP 2nd Annual Grammy Awards Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Praise The Lorde

Why if someone try something country some Gaga stans say that they are pulling a "Joanne"?

I have seen this a lot in some social media comments saying that Kesha and Miley are trying to pull a "Joanne" on their new albums or directly saying that they are trying to copy Gaga. I love Gaga but that's so dilusional I mean Kesha and Miley are from Nashville, Tennesse!!! their country roots are obvious while Gaga is from New York and Joanne isn't her best work.

• Upvote 4

I'm not even a Gaga stan and I say this

it's just the most recent pop release that those albums could be compared to... I don't think anyone thinks they're copying her, just making a comparison because chances are people have heard Joanne so if someone were to ask me what Kesha's new album sounds like I'd say "it's kind of similar to what Gaga just released, country influenced but still pop"

if people are actually outright saying that Kesha/Miley are copying her then they're wrong yeah

because she was the first to ignore reviews and fans and chose to go to a new raw path that's more country/pop rock and now it seems like EVERYONE wants to:ravenknows:

• Upvote 1

I thought Miley always had some country songs here and then? What's new about that? Especially that her dad is Billy Ray Cyrus?

Also Rainbow >>>>>>>>>> Joanne. I couldn't even finish Joanne because I didn't like the songs I listened to and I can proudly say it's bad :hay:.

Plus, I'm pretty sure if Kesha was trying to imitate Joanne, she probably knows how it flopped and how therefore it would hurt ha album. She's having some country-influenced songs without Joanne being her inspiration whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Khris said:

because she was the first to ignore reviews and fans and chose to go to a new raw path that's more country/pop rock and now it seems like EVERYONE wants to:ravenknows:

6 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

It's so embarrassing :trisha3: My queen was born a country girl. Miley's dad is Billy fucking Ray and her godmother is Dolly fucking Parton.

btw she's been performing "Miss You So Much" from the new album since December 2015. :trisha4: 

:wendy27:

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Khris said:

because she was the first to ignore reviews and fans and chose to go to a new raw path that's more country/pop rock 

Maintain the first and change the second  for a new trendy path that's more EDM and you get ARTPOP.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Khris said:

THIS!

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

btw she's been performing "Miss You So Much" from the new album since December 2015. :trisha4: 

And she even have country songs in Hanna Montana: The Movie 

16 minutes ago, MilesRih said:

Maintain the first and change the second  for a new trendy path that's more EDM and you get ARTPOP.

:deadbanana:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, praisethelorde said:

And she even have country songs in Hanna Montana: The Movie 

it's not really a matter of how far back they did country, it's a matter of who brought it BACK. Last I remember Miley in 2015 was still making trap music & trying to get sober :ravenknows: Gaga is the only pop woman to put out a country/pop album since who even knows 

Just now, Khris said:

it's not really a matter of how far back they did country, it's a matter of who brought it BACK. Last I remember Miley in 2015 was still making trap music & trying to get sober :ravenknows: Gaga is the only pop woman to put out a country/pop album since who even knows 

yeah but that doesn't mean she copied Gaga or was even influenced by Gaga especially if she was already working on Younger Now in 2015 :cuca5:

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jukebox Sweetheart said:

yeah but that doesn't mean she copied Gaga or was even influenced by Gaga especially if she was already working on Younger Now in 2015 :cuca5:

gaga was working on Joanne after the artRAVE ended in late 2014 :cuca5: nowhere did i say she's copying, i'm saying Joanne had impact. Harry Styles, Kesha, Miley Cyrus, the list will get longer :hay: