Sign in to follow this  
The Boy

Is a lack of hair the reason why Halsey and Katy became more disliked?

What do you think?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Answer.

• Yes, I think you're onto something!
    • Nope.
    • I think it plays a role, but there's a lot more to it

Seems like when Halsey went bald she started getting a lot of hate and people starting making fun of her more creating names like 'baldsey', comparing her to Justin Bieber, etc. 

Katy also shaved her head and her era ended becoming pretty messy, she got a lot of people bullying her hair, got less hits, etc. :katycrack3:

Do these pop girls lose some appeal, become less 'hot', and therefore more disliked because of the short hair? 

Disclaimer: I know there's other reasons too. 

halsey-hair-02.pngScreen-Shot-2015-12-24-at-6.37.00-AM1.png

katy-perry-becomes-a-unicorn-ftr-1.jpg?w=60018KATY1-articleLarge.jpg

• Upvote 1

From my perspective at least, Halsey has been hated on since her album first came out and we found her old One Direction videos/stanning history. Her cutting her hair just strengthened the argument that she panders to her emo audience. You told no lies when it comes to Katy though :katy3:

• Upvote 1

I think Katy's weird performances and strange acting in interviews and her single choices also lead to this floppage.

In Feels she's wearing a wig and she got a #1 in the UK :sorrygurl: 

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, CUZiCAN said:

I think Katy's weird performances and strange acting in interviews and her single choices also lead to this floppage.

In Feels she's wearing a wig and she got a #1 in the UK :sorrygurl: 

I got New Wigs I count 'em :wendy24: 

I gotta wear them for myself :wendy24: 

• Upvote 2

Ratsey has always been hated on so no. The GP wasn't ready for Basicty Perry to release "purposeful pop" and did no longer claim her as soon as she stopped releasing the Dr. Luke bops. I don't think the lack of hair had anything to do with it. 

This society is so shallow and one of the most if not the most defying thing about a female artist and what makes her most attractive to the GP is her appearance.
Katy's long hair was iconic and she was such a gorgeous lady.
She came back with this short hair, and she looks terrible and it makes her look +10 years from her age.
The GP is superficial enough to abandon her for this.
So yes, it's one of the main reasons why she is so commonly unliked this era and flopping.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, The Roof said:

This society is so shallow and one of the most if not the most defying thing about a female artist and what makes her most attractive to the GP is her appearance.
Katy's long hair was iconic and she was such a gorgeous lady.
She came back with this short hair, and she looks terrible and it makes her look +10 years from her age.
The GP is superficial enough to abandon her for this.
So yes, it's one of the main reasons why she is so commonly unliked this era and flopping.