Sign in to follow this  
Moebius

How did Taylor gross $250mil with the 1989 tour with only 85 shows?

And why is Joanne only crossing 100m with 60 shows? Guys i'm generally curious here no wars even though its battlegrounds (didnt know where to put it) :coma3: 

I didn't know Taylor was such a touring force :o 

please receipts for everything, and statistics :D 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Ray of Light said:

maybe probably her ticket prices no one knows

Very insightful :coma3: 

1 minute ago, Nicki Minaj said:

1989 sold mountains more than Joanne.

Shade oml

5 minutes ago, Nicki Minaj said:

since most of her fans are younger girls.

SHADE OML

7 minutes ago, Moebius said:

I didn't know Taylor was such a touring force :o 

She's a force in all aspects of music. Where have you been the past 11 years of her career?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CarlySlayJepsen said:

How did she sell 10M copies of 1989 in this new flop trend? I don't stan her but she is that bitch :drakeclap: 

1989 was not on Spotify and that was back in 2014, the HipHop trend wasn't as strong as it is now :coma3: 

Not to undervalue her selling power, she has it and she has it BIG time. But the Spotify exclusion made people actually buy it more, which was a good move and a risky one indeed :clap: 

Just now, Moebius said:

1989 was not on Spotify and that was back in 2014, the HipHop trend wasn't as strong as it is now :coma3: 

Not to undervalue her selling power, she has it and she has it BIG time. But the Spotify exclusion made people actually buy it more, which was a good move and a risky one indeed :clap: 

Tbh if she did that now (or if she does, seems like sis is coming) I don't think she would sell as much

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CarlySlayJepsen said:

How did she sell 10M copies of 1989 in this new flop trend?

Taylor was already a very popular artist and had a 10mil selling album before (Fearless). She was able to build a spot in country listeners ears with her earlier country albums and in pop ears by releasing Red. She made it impossible to (legally) listen to the album unless you bought it because she wasn't on any streaming services. Shake It Off and Blank Space were monumental successes and great first single choices. She was everywhere to the point of overexposure at every award show, every tv channel, there was a new article about what she was wearing on the streets of New York every day.

@Moebius it wasn't just because her album wasn't on Spotify, if any one else did it they would not get the same success, she already had a track record of releasing great music and people wanted to listen to her enough to buy it, notice how it hasn't worked that well with Lemonade.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, bee said:

She was everywhere to the point of overexposure at every award show, every tv channel, there was a new article about what she was wearing on the streets of New York every day

That's what killed Gaga though, overexposure. And people got tired of her, they might get tired of Taylor too, especially after the Kim exposure on snapchat last year. While she's definitely NOT flopping this year, it might underperform (for her standards, she'll still get like 6m-7m or smth) :o It's really interesting to speculate like this; we can analyze thoroughly what made Gaga and Katy flop and see if those numbers fit in with Taylor this era or the next. Also, Lemonade was a Tidal exlusive for a while, plus it was VERY political to the point of turning off a lot of white people from buying it because "it's an album for black people". That HEAVILY affected her numbers, yet she still did 3 mil. IDRC about Beyonce though, whatever she does the GP will love her to death so she's not that interesting to speculate about

19 minutes ago, CarlySlayJepsen said:

Tbh if she did that now (or if she does, seems like sis is coming) I don't think she would sell as much

I really can't predict anything here; I don't want to over/under estimate Taylor's power here. As powerful as she is, this hip hop trend is not dying, AT ALL. It's been what, 3 years now and people are still listening to rap music non stop. She would either have to pull a Chainsmokers style song, a "back to country" gimmick, or have someone rap to THIS. SICK. BEAT. That's if we underestimate her. If we overestimate here, she would pull a long lasting #1 with a solo song, and it has to be pop. As I said before, I personally can't predict much, as much as the GP is now a little divided on her (they always have been but drop a bop and they suddenly don't care, ask Justin) she still has a GIGANTIC fanbase and not much beef with other fanbases except KatyKats.

4 minutes ago, Moebius said:

And people got tired of her, they might get tired of Taylor too

They kind of did, that's why she's been away for months and makes sure the pap can't get pictures of her. 

6-7 seems about right, that's how much her other albums have sold.

I don't think rap has as big of an influence as you think it does. The reason why it looks like it's doing so well is because good gp friendly music hasn't come out in recently and when it does you see normal/big numbers. Also, streaming has always been the main way to listen to hip-hop, its audience generally doesn't buy songs and goes to services like Spotify to listen. Now that streaming plays a big part on chart performance that's why you have this illusion that rap is overshadowing the music industry.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, bee said:

Taylor was already a very popular artist and had a 10mil selling album before (Fearless). She was able to build a spot in country listeners ears with her earlier country albums and in pop ears by releasing Red. She made it impossible to (legally) listen to the album unless you bought it because she wasn't on any streaming services. Shake It Off and Blank Space were monumental successes and great first single choices. She was everywhere to the point of overexposure at every award show, every tv channel, there was a new article about what she was wearing on the streets of New York every day.

@Moebius it wasn't just because her album wasn't on Spotify, if any one else did it they would not get the same success, she already had a track record of releasing great music and people wanted to listen to her enough to buy it, notice how it hasn't worked that well with Lemonade.

Lemonade was released in 2016 where music sales were down at an ALL TIME HIGH. 2016 was the first time streams had taken over on top of that Beyoncé is an R&B artist. They never were big album sellers like pop stars. 3M WW in actual sales is great. No other R&B act male or female is doing those numbers.

1 minute ago, bee said:

They kind of did, that's why she's been away for months and makes sure the pap can't get pictures of her. 

6-7 seems about right, that's how much her other albums have sold.

I don't think rap has as big of an influence as you think it does. The reason why it looks like it's doing so well is because good gp friendly music hasn't come out in recently and when it does you see normal/big numbers. Also, streaming has always been the main way to listen to hip-hop, its audience generally doesn't buy songs and goes to services like Spotify to listen. Now that streaming plays a big part on chart performance that's why you have this illusion that rap is overshadowing the music industry.

Maybe, though still, the Kim drama and the court drama is still very alive. I can get the Kim drama but not people shaming her for the court one. That's just the GP being stupid as always.

Unless it's a gigantic pop hit and it smashes 11m :wendy22:

True. People actually digged The Cure but Gaga being herself didn't promote it :madgebye: Though I didn't like TC that much it was better than most shit on the Top 40 so yeah. And yeah, all the rap features on Katy's singles didn't do shit for her, and Shake it Off & Blank Space were bigger than Bad Blood even with Kendrick on it. Still though, if it were Gaga or Adele who have worldwide power I wouldn't bring up rap so much; while Tay has much power worldwide, she just like Bey and Kendrick and other artists are quite America-centric. And all top 10 Spotify songs are hip hop rn I think in the US; she may slay physical copies but she needs streams, and she will have to do something about those streams sooner or later. Interested to know what :o 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Moebius said:

Maybe, though still, the Kim drama and the court drama is still very alive. I can get the Kim drama but not people shaming her for the court one. That's just the GP being stupid as always.

Unless it's a gigantic pop hit and it smashes 11m :wendy22:

True. People actually digged The Cure but Gaga being herself didn't promote it :madgebye: Though I didn't like TC that much it was better than most shit on the Top 40 so yeah. And yeah, all the rap features on Katy's singles didn't do shit for her, and Shake it Off & Blank Space were bigger than Bad Blood even with Kendrick on it. Still though, if it were Gaga or Adele who have worldwide power I wouldn't bring up rap so much; while Tay has much power worldwide, she just like Bey and Kendrick and other artists are quite America-centric. And all top 10 Spotify songs are hip hop rn I think in the US; she may slay physical copies but she needs streams, and she will have to do something about those streams sooner or later. Interested to know what :o 

? at your adding Gaga to Worldwide front when Joanne is barely charting in like 6 countries on ITunes. Meanwhile Lemonade and Beyoncé are charting in 69+ countries ITunes charts to this day. But I guess Beyonce more America centric despite most of her record sales being sold outside the U.S. :wendy14:

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, BeyIsLife said:

? at your adding Gaga to Worldwide front when Joanne is barely charting in like 6 countries on ITunes. Meanwhile Lemonade and Beyoncé are charting in 69+ countries ITunes charts to this day. But I guess Beyonce more America centric despite most of her record sales being sold outside the U.S. :wendy14:

Because Joanne has this "country" image to it that makes it unappealing to the world. Like, people hate American country music everywhere. And let's not act like Joanne was an album full of bops and GP likeable songs, because it wasn't. It was the complete opposite of it. Like, if you want to drag an album for flopping drag an album that's full of bops and songs the GP would eat up but they did not, like Witness or Emotion.

Also, Lemonade stats : 3mil worldwide -> 1.5mil from US alone, a.k.a 50%, 300k fron UK, and 100k from Canada, biggest confirmed sales in Wikipedia. All of Gaga's albums' sales from the US are at 30%, checked them myself. And all other sales are divided worldwide, most coming from Europe and Japan. Beyonce may be a force to be reckoned with in the US but not so in the worldwide aspect. She's still strong there too though. Gaga has always had worldwide appeal, and fans worldwide too. We all know Adele's story. 

I wasn't even shading Beyonce there and you threw shade like I had no beef with u 

• Upvote 1

Here are the reasons Baby:wendy19:

1.She got 3 types of fans which are Country Fans,Pop Fans and the GP

2.She got great promotion

3.Shes the skinny legend and skinny girls look up to her

4.she got a voodoo spell that lures everyone to buy a tik even if they have to use the rent money:wendy12:

• Upvote 1