Sign in to follow this  
Mocha

Should Bugs Bunny be cancelled?

The fact that the face of such a massive brand used to be so blatantly racist :iamdisgusted: What's more surprising is he wasn't the product of some small INDIE company, but Warner f*****g Bros :iamdisgusted: And this doesn't even mention his rapey behavior towards other cartoon characters like Elmer Fadd, unwillingly kissing and fondling him in certain episodes, sometimes while he was asleep :iamdisgusted: 

6 minutes ago, Medoner said:

Let’s not blame Bugs Bunny here, when he’s just a fictional character :rip:

Let’s blame the company that created all of this! 

I’m actually happy they got it together and banned all the racist cartoons. Iv seen some compilations on youtube and it’s a bloodbath :deadbanana2:

This was all before any of y’all were even born. This was before I was born. Times were very very different then and unfortunately this behavior was more the norm. 

A lot of the things that go on in Looney Tunes cartoons are problematic af by today’s standards, but no one batted an eye when they first came out. 

Now, should they stop exposing young ones this shameful era of LT? Yes, absolutely. Will they? I doubt it bc it’s a fucking cash cow. They’ve rebranded Bugs over and over through the years to appease people but it never seems to work. 

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, Mocha said:

I’m actually happy they got it together and banned all the racist cartoons. Iv seen some compilations on youtube and it’s a bloodbath :deadbanana2:

Imagine tho growing up watching that, it mess you up. I’m lucky I have parents who had the intelligence to inform me and my siblings that that shit was just wrong ... 

5 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

Imagine tho growing up watching that, it mess you up. I’m lucky I have parents who had the intelligence to inform me and my siblings that that shit was just wrong ... 

I grew up watching looney toons but they didn’t air the racist episodes. Tho they did show bugs kissing people which would probably cause some sort of uproar on social media if it aired today, Im not sure :gretchen16:

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mocha said:

I grew up watching looney toons but they didn’t air the racist episodes. Tho they did show bugs kissing people which would probably cause some sort of uproar on social media if it aired today, Im not sure :gretchen16:

When I was little they were still airing all of it basically. The whole FCC and censorship thing actually started happening when I was like 7 or 8 or something thanks to Cyndi Lauper among a few others. 

You make a point about the kissing thing ... I’m curious if something like that would cause mass uproar or would people just be like “meh” about it at this point. It’s so hard to read the overall public and their outrage sometimes. 

• Upvote 2

All the old cartoons have questionable content tho. Thank god I never liked Looney Toons...

21 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

I shouldn't reply because of my reputation but I can't let a show that even my grandparents grew up watching.

My fave tv show been going for 21 seasons and still going and I'll admit they go far in a fun joking way. But Bugs bunny prob wasn't trying to come off that way.  It wasn't racist it was history.  I mean I'm prob wrong but I really don't think it came off as what people assuming.  People were not as sensitive back in those days. Ofcourse it shouldn't be banned. 

You do realize that history in its-self has been inherently racist, historically ?

Saying it wasn't racist, it was history literally makes no sense.

• Upvote 1