The Return of CAL Read more... ×

AmazingAzalean

When did you realize that you had to stan your fave?

For Iggy, when I watched and listened to Work so many times and I realized she hustled her fucking PHAT ass off, I had to stan ha, her debut was digestable, she was a badass, I just had to stan :twerk:

When Love by Lana finally grew on me and I listened to her whole discography...yeah I had to stan on that one too :trisha:

JT - Sexyback made me stan, then when I heard True Blood, Not A Bad Thing, I died :ariicant:

Carrie Underwood - Church Bells :ariicant:

Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It and Miss Jackson :ariicant:

Katy - Her whole damn discography tbh :ariicant:

• Upvote 3

Marina- when I read the lyrics of Sex Yeah and The Outsider, I was so surprised with her writing that I had to stan.

Lana- I used to dislike her voice so much, but the moment I decided to give Ultraviolence a chance I instantly fell in love. I got used to her unique way of singing and now I love it.

HAIM- Their live performances are just amazing, they always give their 100%. They play the instruments live on every live performance. They are extremely talented and it shows through their performances. 

TWICE- Their music videos, catchy beats, unique personalities and dynamic choreography is what made me a stan. 

I stan so many more artists but these are the people who made me obsessed about them.

• Upvote 2

Normani solo- BBMAs performance

5H- the end of the 7/27 era

Dinah solo- when she performed I Don't Mind and Retrograde for the first time

Lauren solo- her parts in Strangers and Down

Ally solo- the hiatus

LM- the GD era

BP- the KTL era

• Upvote 4

For Gaga; It was during ARTPOP. I had always been a casual listener from the get go - but ARTPOP really cemented my stan card. From 2014-15 I did my research and really found out how sickening Gaga is. I hated C2C cause I never understood why... but as the years progressed, I found a like for it!

For Katy; Kind of the same as Gaga, always been a casual listener. It was really during Prism where I was like, I have to stan.

For Ariana; Her vocals! I found myself watching tones of videos of Ariana singing like these:

I was watching videos like these around Focus/Dangerous Woman era, so I was like 'Hey lets give her a chance' and yeah, been a stan since

For Rita Ora; Her song 'Hot Right Now' and then I realised how much of a vocalist she is :icant:

For Camila; Havana

For Shawn; His looks :icant2: and his sweet voice in Treat you better.

For Demi; Similar to Ari, her vocals. They are mindblowing!! 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Craig said:

For Gaga; It was during ARTPOP. I had always been a casual listener from the get go - but ARTPOP really cemented my stan card. From 2014-15 I did my research and really found out how sickening Gaga is. I hated C2C cause I never understood why... but as the years progressed, I found a like for it!

For Katy; Kind of the same as Gaga, always been a casual listener. It was really during Prism where I was like, I have to stan.

For Ariana; Her vocals! I found myself watching tones of videos of Ariana singing like these:

I was watching videos like these around Focus/Dangerous Woman era, so I was like 'Hey lets give her a chance' and yeah, been a stan since

For Rita Ora; Her song 'Hot Right Now' and then I realised how much of a vocalist she is :icant:

For Camila; Havana

For Shawn; His looks :icant2: and his sweet voice in Treat you better.

For Demi; Similar to Ari, her vocals. They are mindblowing!! 

Put Ari, Rita, Camila, and Shawn in your stan badges!

Kylie - When I heard the singles from Rhythm of Love and then listened to Impossible Princess and then Tightrope. Her music helped me deal with a SHIT friendship, so the more I listened to her, the further I dug into her catalogue and the more that I liked. And now I’m a mega fan. Ugh, her mind is so powerful. It truly amazes me!

Dannii - When I first heard Neon Nights, one of the best pop albums of all time. Then after listening to the Girl album and then hearing This Is It, I just developed a soft spot for the queen of extreme floppage. She’s kind of the anti-Kylie, like she enjoys to go out and have fun and act a mess, and I like that (even though I love Kylie). And she goes to all of the same places in St Kilda I do, so that makes me stan even harder.

Madonna - Again, I was going through a real shit time, and I pulled up Like a Prayer on Spotify after iTunes recommended it to me, and then I listened to Ray of Light (the song) A LOT and I was obsessed. She’s a damn mess, but her music, while sometimes simple, is relatable to most life situations and I loved that. 

• Upvote 3

Katy Perry : FIREWORKS (my gay afro heart bloomed with this song!!) and all her damn songs. Fuck witness, give this lady respect Goddamn it. :cry1:

Lady Gaga : Bad Romance. I liked lady gaga after hearing just dance, paparazzi, poker face and eh eh!. But this song, Bad Romance, this Damn song is melody, drama and everything to the max. Also, Judas, Alejandro, i mean come on. :ariicant:

Adele : Honestly, she's such a gem to the music industry. Rolling in the deep got me, but set fire to the rain cemented my destiny!! <3

Madonna: I remember as a kid watching La Isla Bonita and seeing Madonna as this Supreme creature. It was strange. Also, like a prayer. These songs mean everything to mean. 

Riri : Umbrella, ella Ella Ella!! Also, she's always felt so approachable and so Goddamn real even though I've never met her. Bless this goddess!! (PS where have you been is my fave riri video ever, visuals served to the max!) :praise:

Taylord : Okay, i found Taylor Swift lame for a long time. Hated her win over Beyonce's single ladies and Just didn't get why people liked this little country girl. Until i heard fearless album and speak now. Red had me spinning, but 1989! Lawd, that album is perfection. 

Finally : BEYONCÉ :legend:. No words. 

Okay a few. I've been following her since destiny Child as a Lil kid. I just love her energy. She's a great dancer, a good vocalist and is damn gorgeous. BEST FEMALE PERFORMER OF ALL TIME. tbh, can't pick a song (maybe survivor even though it's a group song..), she's just,  ugh! :cry:

(PS: cause of my elder bros i got hooked on rap god's like Eminem, Missy Elliott and Eve. Respect! But Nicki Minaj got me listening to hip hop again, sorry, not sorry!!)

• Upvote 5

I used to be a bandwagon Taylor hater during the 1989 era but I joined Cop in 2017 and well reputation was so hyped and i  was genuinely curious and excited to hear it. When the album finally came out on Spotify I listened and loved it.  I began to question why I had been a hater and then i heard the rest of her discography and I  was on board. She is now my #1 fave.

So I've been fans of Demi Miley and Ariana basically since Disney and Nick not a particularly interesting discovery. For Sabrina Carpenter I had saw one of her songs on Disney and I checked out her album Evolution and I loved it and stanned the rest is history.

I'm too lazy to explain for my other faves tbh so sorry not sorry.

• Upvote 3

Denis - I was watching bmth music videos and saw AA in the suggestion I clicked on it and second I saw Denis I was a Stan and legit checked all his stuff out that day. I haven't stopped loving him since. He was the best looking person I Have ever seen in my entire life.

Yungblud - I only found out about Dom a few months ago after I heard 11 minutes I then watched the music video and the more and more I watched it I gained a bit of a crush on him. I then decided to listen to him album start to finish and loved it. I guess in time I became an STAN and now he is my 2nd most favourite singer 

Nick - I wasn't into Jonas brothers when I was younger tho I did fancy Joe (I mean he was emo) Nick was a curly hair nerd. So I started becoming a fan after find you. In time I decided to check out his albums I finally started to love him more till I became a Stan. After that I started becoming a Jonas brother Stan.  Then when Nick decided to come back with Jonas brothers I got really happy. So I'm basically became a stan for all the Jonas but if it wasnt for nick find you. I wouldnt be here. I dunno nick isnt emo or covered in tattoos. Even my friend's think its weird me liking nick since he isnt my type. Well i dunno i love his songs, and im some what attracted to him. But common the brothers are adorable 

• Upvote 2

Mariah, literally decades before the term “stan” was a thing. 1993. She released Hero and I found a strength I didn’t know I had in it. Been ride or die since. 

Justin, again ... WAY before being a stan was a thing. Like, back in his MMC days. 

*NSYNC, I heard about them in 1997 and decided to fangirl forever. 

David, his Idol audition in front of the judges. Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi. I pegged him to win at that very moment. Found out he had self released an album prior to Idol, downloaded it (he said it was cool if we did that) and have been loyal since. 

Blue October, when they released Home in 2016. I had always been a fan, Foiled is one of my fave albums of all time, but I had never really looked into their entire discography until my coworker Bea was like “we should go see Blue October” and I was like “Hell yes” and the rest is History (for Sale). 

• Upvote 2