The Return of CAL Read more... ×

StopBeingObsessedWithMe

Your Opinion on Gays who dress like this for Pride?

I was scrolling down my timeline on Twitter and this popped up. I don't think its quite appropriate for gay men to be dressed as sexual as this for pride... idk I think it gives the wrong message :gretchen11:

I've seen pictures from other pride events with guys dressed semi-nude too... like what are you trying to say? I just think pride is supposed to be a celebration of sexual identity and coming together, ordinary clothes with the rainbow flag would do... we don't need to see the harness you wear in the bedroom when one wants it a little rough

Am I being too much? Have I got the wrong idea of Pride? :whereisit:

• LOL 1

imo it just keeps the stigma of gay men being sexually obsessed tbh :rip: like , personally, I feel like most straight people , when they think about a gay man, they associate them with sexually related stuff so them going "sexy" looking at the pride doesn't really do much justice to the movement instead of showing that they are literally like straight people, capable of living a "normal" life just like them, despite of them liking people that share the same gender as them 

but it's my opinion... I guess I might be close minded for others :greenface: 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Opium said:

imo it just keeps the stigma of gay men being sexually obsessed tbh :rip: like , personally, I feel like most straight people , when they think about a gay man, they associate them with sexually related stuff so them going "sexy" looking at the pride doesn't really do much justice to the movement instead of showing that they are literally like straight people, capable of living a "normal" life just like them, despite of them liking people that share the same gender as them 

I completely agree with you on this :whereisit:

They look amazing and have every right to celebrate their bodies and enjoy themselves. Let these guys live. 

What is the difference between them doing this and certain female celebrities appearing on the red carpet in their underwear ? 

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, King or Queen said:

They look amazing and have every right to celebrate their bodies and enjoy themselves. Let these guys live. 

What is the difference between them doing this and certain female celebrities appearing on the red carpet in their underwear ? 

they do that for entertainment tho

unless the gay parades are just festivals for entertainment and not fighting for their rights :laughcry: 

7 minutes ago, Opium said:

they do that for entertainment tho

unless the gay parades are just festivals for entertainment and not fighting for their rights :laughcry: 

They are both. Of course gaypride is also designed for entertainment and partying. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, King or Queen said:

They are both. Of course gaypride is also designed for entertainment and partying. 

Guess I’m not that much into partying 👀

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Opium said:

Guess I’m not that much into partying 👀

Me neither. The prides/parades are not really my scene but I have no issue/judgement on other people enjoying them and how they choose to dress. Live and let live :) 

• Upvote 3

I think everyone should just dress how they want. It doesn’t harm anyone so why not? I personally don’t get why anyone, man or woman, gay or straight would wanna walk in the streets dressed like that though. But each to their own!

• Upvote 5

My idea of gay pride is that it is for the gays to celebrate their sexuality and express it however they feel, and that might include sexual liberation i guess since the gays and their sexuality have been repressed since forever, like it was just a couple of years ago that gay marriage was legalized in US, so if put in context, the two gay men in the picture above are doing just that, celebrating their sexuality and having pride in doing so. Maybe their choice of clothes was their way of compensating for the times they were put down for their sexual preference, idk. 

Not all gays are reserved with their clothes, some choose to be, but some gay guys are very very very out there with their way of expressing sexuality through their choice of clothes. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Opium said:

I kinda get you and you made some points, but some gay guys will never fit in what straight people deem "normal" anyway, like for example, feminine gays, even if some feminine gays dress modestly, or normal, they'd still probably get flack just for not fitting in what is deemed "normal" (or masculine if i'm going to actually go there), so where to go from there? 

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, Ahmed said:

I kinda get you and you made some points, but some gay guys will never fit in what straight people deem "normal" anyway, like for example, feminine gays, even if some feminine gays dress modestly, or normal, they'd still probably get flack just for not fitting in what is deemed "normal" (or masculine if i'm going to actually go there), so where to go from there? 

Well, it would still be more “normal” than going naked on the streets nnn

I mean, fem guys don’t have to act masculine or whatever, they can be theirselves but they do dress pretty “normal” themselves (they usually seem more into fashion and stuff)

I actually knew a fem guy who was speaking, acting and even gesticulating like a fem guy but if you would have seen him, he didn’t look fem at all tbh

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Opium said:

Well, it would still be more “normal” than going naked on the streets nnn

I mean, fem guys don’t have to act masculine or whatever, they can be theirselves but they do dress pretty “normal” themselves (they usually seem more into fashion and stuff)

I actually knew a fem guy who was speaking, acting and even gesticulating like a fem guy but if you would have seen him, he didn’t look fem at all tbh

Nnn, Idk, maybe i have it wrong and it is possible i'm wrong since i've never seen a gay pride and obviously won't in my lifetime, but i think if you are a gay guy you should be proud of your sexuality and to express it however you please. Fem or masc or wtv, don't matter, just be proud of your gay self and stop obsessing over what others think. It literally says "Pride".

17 minutes ago, Ahmed said:

Nnn, Idk, maybe i have it wrong and it is possible i'm wrong since i've never seen a gay pride and obviously won't in my lifetime, but i think if you are a gay guy you should be proud of your sexuality and to express it however you please. Fem or masc or wtv, don't matter, just be proud of your gay self and stop obsessing over what others think. It literally says "Pride".

Ahmed I will bring you to one and dress you up in a little g- string and nothing more nnnnn :) 

• LOL 2

4 minutes ago, King or Queen said:

Ahmed I will bring you to one and dress you up in a little g- string and nothing more nnnnn :) 

THIS TOOK ME OUT :lmfao: 

• Love 1