Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Swagga

Should fat people pay more?

Recommended Posts

I think it’s unfair how they don't have to pay extra money for being heavier than the average human. Obesity is the highest form of threat to humanity and we need to do everything to stop it. Should we impose a fat ‘tax’ for fat people and have them pay reparations?

In general I think making it illegal to be fat could be considered as well. I hate people who celebrate being plus size it’s disgusting.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think they should, some of the time it’s not completely in their control how much they weigh due to poverty, health issues, mental issues etc.

ALTHOUGH, if they take up atleast two seats in a bus/airplane I find it uncomfortable for both people in that case. There should be atleast “plus size” seats that may cost more if they can’t be put in the “average” seats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On airplanes I agree it can be an issue. I was once in a window seat with two extra plus sized ladies on my outside for a 5 hour flight. It was an extremely uncomfortable experience. 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like this can go 2 different ways depending on the person

Some fat people have eating disorders so this can impact them mentally in a bad way. Or there are some that would probably consider different diets that won't affect their weight that much and help lose it

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate this topic. Body image issues are not a joke and some people do really struggle with it (obesity or otherwise), but for starters, yes, plus size people (don't know the PC term, sorry!) already do pay more for clothes for example since more material is used to make clothes for plus size bodies. Also i don't know if they get charged more on planes (Since some plus size people seem to take up more space) but yeah.. this is already a reality, they do pay more.

 

Now if we're talking from a body positivity stand point then i'm for being comfortable in your own skin no matter what's your size, just be healthy, please.

 

 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is beyond stupid, it really saddens me to see some of you have this type of mentality. Yes, obesity ain't healthy but these are humans we're talking about. Human like you and me, they deserve to be treated like everybody else. We all have our issues and I bet most of you don't even eat or are completely healthy so stop the hypocrisy. 

 

 

  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean chubby people and regular obsese people should be fine, but if you meant only.. 400-600 pound people i would agree because it can be an issue on airplanes. Also, I'm sure they pay more for their clothes so it's not like, completely unfair. Their necessities are extra because of the amount of material needed.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Barbie said:

I mean chubby people and regular obsese people should be fine, but if you meant only.. 400-600 pound people i would agree because it can be an issue on airplanes. Also, I'm sure they pay more for their clothes so it's not like, completely unfair. Their necessities are extra because of the amount of material needed.

If half of your seat and space is being taken up by another person, it is an issue. I thought I was going to suffocate. 

  • Upvote 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw this obese woman in the gym looking really self conscious a little while back and I just thought how hard basic things would be for her and how hard hit your confidence would be being that big so I think we shouldn’t place so much judgement on bigger people as a society. But then again I do because I want them to be healthier. Catch 22.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Swagga said:

I think it’s unfair how they don't have to pay extra money for being heavier than the average human. Obesity is the highest form of threat to humanity and we need to do everything to stop it. Should we impose a fat ‘tax’ for fat people and have them pay reparations?

In general I think making it illegal to be fat could be considered as well. I hate people who celebrate being plus size it’s disgusting.

you completely lost me after fat tax :rip:

.. but i don’t see a problem with them paying extra for seats where space is extremely limited (ie. airplanes) 

offtopic: i’m high af reading this thread and it is just sending me lmfaooo  

  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, KingdieCome said:

I saw this obese woman in the gym looking really self conscious a little while back and I just thought how hard basic things would be for her and how hard hit your confidence would be being that big so I think we shouldn’t place so much judgement on bigger people as a society. But then again I do because I want them to be healthier. Catch 22.

At least she was at the gym and actually trying to lose weight

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingdieCome said:

I saw this obese woman in the gym looking really self conscious a little while back and I just thought how hard basic things would be for her and how hard hit your confidence would be being that big so I think we shouldn’t place so much judgement on bigger people as a society. But then again I do because I want them to be healthier. Catch 22.

Good on her for trying to make a change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's sad that someone who, chances are, is probably gay (in a pop music community...) wants to single out people by their weight. 

 

Hmm how about if we single out all gays? Make the gays pay!! "Well, that's already been done" you might say, so why do we need to do it to bigger people? We can see them clearly, we know they're bigger and trust me, they're well aware too. They aren't my type to date but who am I to tell someone they're too big to simply fucking live? This post comes off as condescending, maybe you need to work on self care yourself before coming for people who 4/5 chances cant change that about themselves... & They probably would change it if they had their way but they've ACCEPTED themselves, clearly something you may not understand

I'm just calling out the OP. Cool your shit...

  • Upvote 2
  • Surprised 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

This is beyond stupid, it really saddens me to see some of you have this type of mentality. Yes, obesity ain't healthy but these are humans we're talking about. Human like you and me, they deserve to be treated like everybody else. We all have our issues and I bet most of you don't even eat or are completely healthy so stop the hypocrisy. 

 

 

lol at someone who liked your post because of course he would

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are y'all triggered? :rip:

I obviously don't hate fat people, I was just talking about  how important this epidemic has gotten over the last few years, and I was thinking about some solution to solve it. And tbh I don't see how it could be wrong to pay more if you take a lot of space... 

Why it's disgusting? More you weight, more you pay. So yes, you should pay taxes for weighing down the earth.

 And before you jump at my neck, this doesn't apply to obese people only, this goes for bodybuilders too (for people who feel "singled out"). They weigh a lot and take up room. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2019 at 1:08 PM, Swagga said:

Why are y'all triggered? :rip:

I obviously don't hate fat people, I was just talking about  how important this epidemic has gotten over the last few years, and I was thinking about some solution to solve it. And tbh I don't see how it could be wrong to pay more if you take a lot of space... 

Why it's disgusting? More you weight, more you pay. So yes, you should pay taxes for weighing down the earth.

 And before you jump at my neck, this doesn't apply to obese people only, this goes for bodybuilders too (for people who feel "singled out"). They weigh a lot and take up room. 

Yeah, for some reason you're concerned for their "weighing down the earth"??? How stupid are you? Seriously? Cant tell if this is actual stupidity or sarcasm... either way. It sounds like someone paid you dirt or you're threatened by larger people for some reason? Have they hurt your ego?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×