The Return of CAL Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
King or Queen

Bigger single Meghan Trainor or Lady Gaga ?

Lets be real, the only answer is Meghan. All about the Bass is more iconic than anything Gaga and her seven writers ever came up with. Meghan for the win. 

• LOL 2

All about that bass is an all-encompassing hit yes but Gaga had more stability through he carreer that matters too

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tana Mongeau said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12247429

Pretty sure statistically and impactfully AATB is far bigger than Just Dance.  Seems like you can't actually disprove my claim so you are just rambling. 

Meghan is also a better singer than Gaga. 

2 minutes ago, King or Queen said:

Pretty sure statistically and impactfully AATB is far bigger than Just Dance.  Seems like you can't actually disprove my claim so you are just rambling. 

Meghan is also a better singer than Gaga. 

I'll give you statistics if you can prove it. But you cannot prove impact at all because that's highly opinionated and also no one of note is crediting Meghan Trainor for impact on anything, while people do frequently credit Gaga for her impact on music, culture, etc.

Opinions on voices are irrelevant. Unless you have physical proof of Meghan having a larger range and physicality of vocals in the most technical sense, then you cannot say that as a fact. And opinions are moot points when speaking on facts.

2 minutes ago, Tana Mongeau said:

I'll give you statistics if you can prove it. But you cannot prove impact at all because that's highly opinionated and also no one of note is crediting Meghan Trainor for impact on anything, while people do frequently credit Gaga for her impact on music, culture, etc.

Opinions on voices are irrelevant. Unless you have physical proof of Meghan having a larger range and physicality of vocals in the most technical sense, then you cannot say that as a fact. And opinions are moot points when speaking on facts.

Who in the industry has Gaga impacted ? I have never heard a single artist say I have been influenced by Lady Gaga. 

Just Dance is a forgotten basic Red one beat, literally anyone could have sung it. 

2 minutes ago, King or Queen said:

Who in the industry has Gaga impacted ? I have never heard a single artist say I have been influenced by Lady Gaga. 

Just Dance is a forgotten basic Red one beat, literally anyone could have sung it. 

There were many, many artists who wanted Gaga-sounding hits after her rise to stardom. There were a lot of imitation productions of the RedOne sound after her rise. But, Lady Gaga's impact goes beyond her sound. She came in with non-conventional looks and an eye for out of the ordinary fashion. It wasn't mainstream for pop artists to be "weird" (or whatever you want to call her aesthetic) prior to her arrival. I'm not saying she was the first, before you even try to make that point. She clearly wasn't and she had her inspirations. But in her generation, she was the trendsetter. She portrayed herself as high fashion, gave dark and controversial visuals, and also was very much the antithesis of other popstars at the time she came up. Others followed suit. There was a whole lot of artists whose image changed and adapted to the vibe post-Gaga. It's absolutely foolish to try to deny Gaga's impact on the entirety of pop culture in 2019 because it's very obvious looking back.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, King or Queen said:

Lets be real, the only answer is Meghan. All about the Bass is more iconic than anything Gaga and her seven writers ever came up with. Meghan for the win. 

Girl at least spell it right

Its All About That Bass not the

• LOL 1

12 minutes ago, King or Queen said:

Natalia Kills. Nick Jonas. Ava Max. Kesha. Miley Cyrus. Gwen Stefani. Christina Aquilera.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lucky said:

Natalia Kills. Nick Jonas. Ava Max. Kesha. Miley Cyrus. Gwen Stefani. Christina Aquilera.

+ Ariana Grande, Greyson Chance, Zedd, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, Cardi B, Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Beyoncé, Cher and others

• Upvote 1

The op is:

delusional
/dɪˈluːʒ(ə)n(ə)l/
adjective
  1. characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
    "hospitalization for schizophrenia and delusional paranoia"
    • based on or having faulty judgement; mistaken.
      "their delusional belief in the project's merits never wavers"

11 minutes ago, Tana Mongeau said:

There were many, many artists who wanted Gaga-sounding hits after her rise to stardom. There were a lot of imitation productions of the RedOne sound after her rise. But, Lady Gaga's impact goes beyond her sound. She came in with non-conventional looks and an eye for out of the ordinary fashion. It wasn't mainstream for pop artists to be "weird" (or whatever you want to call her aesthetic) prior to her arrival. I'm not saying she was the first, before you even try to make that point. She clearly wasn't and she had her inspirations. But in her generation, she was the trendsetter. She portrayed herself as high fashion, gave dark and controversial visuals, and also was very much the antithesis of other popstars at the time she came up. Others followed suit. There was a whole lot of artists whose image changed and adapted to the vibe post-Gaga. It's absolutely foolish to try to deny Gaga's impact on the entirety of pop culture in 2019 because it's very obvious looking back.

You spilled the tea, thank you

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Lucky said:

Sorry I should have said relevant artists. 

6 minutes ago, Craig said:
The op is:

delusional
/dɪˈluːʒ(ə)n(ə)l/
adjective
  1. characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
    "hospitalization for schizophrenia and delusional paranoia"
    • based on or having faulty judgement; mistaken.
      "their delusional belief in the project's merits never wavers"

It's sad how you have to resort to the same crap when you can't actually make any valid points.