Sign in to follow this  
Blue Sunshine

If You Could Rename Your Fandoms ...

Spoiler

Does this even go here? *insert Mean Girls "she doesn't even go here" gif*  If it doesn't I apologize. 

I also apologize for being so rambly tonight ... I'll stop, I promise.

Let's face it ... some of these fandom names are silly af. So ... I'm curious (I know, I know ... what's new) if y'all could change the name of any of the fandoms you're a part of, would you? If yes, what would you change it to?

6 minutes ago, Treacherous Lovatic said:

Carpenters: Sabbies sounds cuter.

Do not apologize Heather, you've nothing to be sorry for. Keep being you your threads are entertaining.

Sabbies is cute, I like that! Carpenters makes it sound like y'all building houses or something lol.

Thank you love <3 you know I just get super annoyed with myself when I start doing this bc I feel like I'm bothering people.

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, 🔱Vishal said:

Yes most r tragic

Lawd this is truth! Some of them are so uninspired it's not even cute. 

I’ve never liked Kylie’s fan base being called the “Lovers”. It just sounds too cheesy. She’s known for being positive and making upbeat dance music, but it just feels like she’s laying it on thick at that point with that name. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, neonnights said:

I’ve never liked Kylie’s fan base being called the “Lovers”. It just sounds too cheesy. She’s known for being positive and making upbeat dance music, but it just feels like she’s laying it on thick at that point with that name. 

Lovers, to me, is very hippy-esque. I  get where she's coming from with it and all ... but I agree with you, das a little much. There must be something else y'all could go by that would feel more fitting.

4 minutes ago, Riding The M-Train! said:

I’m a Mahomie and I like it <3 

Megatronz is a bit different but it is cool 😎 

Selenators sounds fun 

The Take That fandom name seems to be Thatters which I think sounds a bit odd but I dunno what else it could be, maybe Double Ts

I'm not gonna lie ... Mahomies is clever af! 

Yeah, Thatters just sounds ... strange.

• Upvote 2

I never liked that "Moonwalker" name for MJ fans. It's too corny, in my opinion. I prefer something simple like MJFam or just MJ fans.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, byakkoya said:

I never liked that "Moonwalker" name for MJ fans. It's too corny, in my opinion. I prefer something simple like MJFam or just MJ fans.

Um, yes ... I agree. That is very corny :deadbanana: 

• LOL 1

To answer my own question bc ... why tf not!?

HEu1rwJ.gif

I am a lamb. I have been a lamb for more of my life than I have not. I have been a lamb for longer than a lot of y'all have been alive lol. I always will be a lamb. I love the name. It has a feeling of safety, if that makes sense. Like, Mariah is our shepherd and we are her flock. She motivates us, moves us, keeps us going and safe from harm. 

I'm a Tennessee Kid, bc das what Justin calls us. I'm am super cool with this bc the other name some of the fandom was using, Timberlakers, is corny as fucking shit and I hate it. Some of us also refer to each other as our JTFam, which is cute, I guess.

Wordnerd, official #1534. David kinda accidentally gave us this name when he was still on Idol. He referred to himself as a "huge word nerd" bc one of his fave past times is crossword puzzles. The name stuck with the majority of the fandom.  Some go by Cookies, but again ... corny.

Apparently Blue fans refer to themselves as Blue Meanies. I don't get it, I don't like it. I don't wanna call myself a "meanie" bc I'm not a mean person lol. 

I don't even think *NSYNC had/has a fandom name. Some refer to themselves as *NSYNCers, but I don't. Never have. It's silly and a little lazy.