Sign in to follow this  
Blue Sunshine

Flops You Absolutely Love

*tonight's random Blue question brought to you by BoyzIIMen*

Let's talk about flops. Not what y'all consider flop artists ... songs. Literal commercial failures. 

What are some songs y'all absolutely adore that were considered to be major flops? I mean singles that were released that barely charted/didn't chart.

This is the song that provoked the inquiry ...

Released in 1998 as the final single from BoyzIIMen's third album, Evolution, Doin' Just Fine peaked on the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Airpay at #33. This following on the heels of two Billboard Hot 100 top 10s with 4 Seasons of Loneliness (peaked at #1) and A Song for Mama (the group's final top 10 hit, peaking at #7). 

The group's previous albums garnered 7 BB Hot 100 top ten singles. They also share the record for most weeks spent at #1 on the BB Hot 100 with Mariah Carey.

After Evolution ... things went downhill, but I still love them. And I always will bc their music is amazing and they're still just as great today as they were in 1991. 

Your turn ... gimme the flops! Y'all know I enjoy 'em!

Spoiler

Y'all do know by now I only make threads to upvote anyone who posts in 'em right? 

• Upvote 3

it only charted in the UK (at 48) & Scotland. I - :kelly: I LOVE it though. It samples You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) by Sylvester.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Oh My Gaga said:

Serebro never charted in America so :cm:

Doesn't have to be in 'Murica ... just charts in general. I only mentioned the charts I did bc I live in the US. 

"So Excited" by Janet peaked at #90 on the Hot 100 so it can be considered a flop and it is one of her best songs in my opinion. If albums count, then its parent album 20 Y.O. is considered a flop, but I like it more than most of her albums besides Rhythm Nation:shrug:

• Upvote 1

Incase y’all didn’t know ... this is my absolute fave song in his entire discography

Peaked at #17 on BBH100. 

Another one, my second fave in his discography is Tunnel Vision. It failed to chart on the H100 in the US, but made an appearance on the Bubbling Under, peaking at #11 as well as the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Charts at #40. 

Im not posting the video bc ... boobs. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Blue Sunshine said:

Incase y’all didn’t know ... this is my absolute fave song in his entire discography

Peaked at #17 on BBH100. 

Another one, my second fave in his discography is Tunnel Vision. It failed to chart on the H100 in the US, but made an appearance on the Bubbling Under, peaking at #11 as well as the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Charts at #40. 

Im not posting the video bc ... boobs. 

Omggg such a bop! Shes got me lovestoned and I think that she knows :jan1:

I absolutely adore Not a Bad Thing, I forgot where it peaked tho...it definietly was low so i love that flop :cm:

• Love 1

Half of Christina's discography :xtinaki:

Britney's some non-lead singles like Slumber party, Perfume. 

And of course Madonna's Living for love (one of most faves), Masterpiece, Into The Groove (which was B-Side to Angel in US, what a shame)

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, AmazingAzalean said:

Omggg such a bop! Shes got me lovestoned and I think that she knows :jan1:

I absolutely adore Not a Bad Thing, I forgot where it peaked tho...it definietly was low so i love that flop :cm:

I don't care how many albums he releases ... LoveStoned/I Think She Knows will always be my ultimate JT song. It is literal perfection.

Ugh ... Not A Bad Thing deserved so much better! Such a beautiful song ... did not deserve to flop!

• Upvote 1

I got another one ... y'all ain't gonna listen to it, but it's all good. I guess I have a habit of falling in love with the floppiest songs my faves can make (see above JT comment) and then there's this one ... my absolute favorite Blue song, was released as a single in 2006 as the third single from the album Foiled. Hate Me, the lead, is actually their highest performing single ... reaching #31 on the BBH100. The second single, Into The Ocean reached #53. ITO would be the last of their singles to chart on the H100.

But this one ... this one ... She's My Ride Home. So beautifully written. Justin sells the emotion of the lyrics with his vocals. It's just a beautiful song. Damn shame it didn't perform well.

The video I'm posting is actually a performance from the 2015 DVD release Things We Do At Night bc the song has no official video.

Just listen to it ... you know you're curious.