Sign in to follow this  
King or Queen

N Sync were the best fucking boy band ever. Discuss?

6 minutes ago, King or Queen said:

I have never listened to them a lot outside of the singles TBH. 

Tell me you love this too ?!

I saw them in concert a few times ... once was, kid you not, at a Walmart in Baton Rouge lol. It was cool tho. Liquid Dreams still bops tbh. And All or Nothing is just timeless. If you're interested in the newer stuff (the third album came out in 2014) check out Skydive or Chasing After You from the Lines and Circles album. Both videos are on their official YT page,

I LOVE this song, ngl tho ... when it came out I hated it. I dunno why, it just irked my nerves. But I have a greater appreciation for their older stuff now that I actually call myself a BSB fan (that didn't happen until the Never Gone album).  I prefer the original lyrics to IWITW tho, I'm not sure why.

3 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

I saw them in concert a few times ... once was, kid you not, at a Walmart in Baton Rouge lol. It was cool tho. Liquid Dreams still bops tbh. And All or Nothing is just timeless. If you're interested in the newer stuff (the third album came out in 2014) check out Skydive or Chasing After You from the Lines and Circles album. Both videos are on their official YT page,

I LOVE this song, ngl tho ... when it came out I hated it. I dunno why, it just irked my nerves. But I have a greater appreciation for their older stuff now that I actually call myself a BSB fan (that didn't happen until the Never Gone album).  I prefer the original lyrics to IWITW tho, I'm not sure why.

Thanks for the tip, had no idea they had an album out in 2014. I wasn't a huge fan of Liquid dreams really. All or Nothing is amazing. 

BSB have some superb tracks.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

Side note:

This is literally the first time ever I have felt like I have some sort of merit in a conversation on this forum.

I have LOVED talking to you about this. You are so knowledgeable :)

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, King or Queen said:

Thanks for the tip, had no idea they had an album out in 2014. I wasn't a huge fan of Liquid dreams really. All or Nothing is amazing. 

BSB have some superb tracks.

No problem :) Yeah ... they just popped up one day, as a foursome (Ashley refused to be a part of the reunion project for whatever reason) and announced a new single and album.  Very unexpected. They also released an EP in 2017 I think. 

Agree, I never fully appreciated just how good BSB was back then. I guess it was the whole *NSYNC vs. BSB mentality that we all had to conform to ... I had made my choice and didn't really waver from it for ages. But seriously, some of BSB's newer stuff is amazing. Like the singles from In A World Like This are all fantastic. And this new DNA album is good af too. Can't wait til August.

4 minutes ago, King or Queen said:

I have LOVED talking to you about this. You are so knowledgeable :)

Same! I have greatly enjoyed this conversation with you! I'm so used to people here not even knowing who *NSYNC is that I don't talk about them much. It's nice to be able to go back in time for a bit.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, fentypark said:

sksksksksksksks imagine thinking this when new edition and  boyz II men existed :laughcry:

BoyzIIMen is legit amazing! I have loved them since the beginning. I didn't get much into NE until way later on in their career, but they're the OG. Hands down. There wouldn't be "boybands" if it weren't for New Edition.

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, fentypark said:

sksksksksksksks imagine thinking this when new edition and  boyz II men existed :laughcry:

Boyz to men are an R n B, vocal harmonies group. They were not a boyband. Different category entirely. 

Never heard any of New editions music sorry. 

10 minutes ago, King or Queen said:

Boyz to men are an R n B, vocal harmonies group. They were not a boyband. Different category entirely. 

new edition is the blueprint for boy bands. without them there'd be no backstreet boys, n'sync, none of that shit 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, King or Queen said:

New Edition was like mid to late 80s when they came out. Like I had said above, they're the OG when it comes to boybands. The man who discovered/created them literally reused the exact same formula and created New Kids on the Block a few years later. They became the template for the wave of late 90s era boybands such as *NSYNC, BSB, O-Town, etc.

NE also launched the careers of Bobby Brown, Johnny Gill, Ralph Tresvant, and Bel Biv DeVoe.

3 minutes ago, fentypark said:

new edition is the blueprint for boy bands. without them there'd be no backstreet boys, n'sync, none of that shit 

How so when THEY were just a remake of the Jackson 5 ? Their one hit single in the UK is a virtual remake of ABC. 

They had one No 1 single in the UK ( their debut) then disappeared without trace so sorry if i missed them,

4 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

New Edition was like mid to late 80s when they came out. Like I had said above, they're the OG when it comes to boybands. The man who discovered/created them literally reused the exact same formula and created New Kids on the Block a few years later. They became the template for the wave of late 90s era boybands such as *NSYNC, BSB, O-Town, etc.

NE also launched the careers of Bobby Brown, Johnny Gill, Ralph Tresvant, and Bel Biv DeVoe.

But New edition are very Jackson 5 y no ? Their debut single is literally a remake of ABC ?? 

OMG i totally forgot about NKOTB. When did they start again ?!

5 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

school him!! these people need to listen to something other than pop music :icant:

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, King or Queen said:

No need to ruin a nice conversation with your particular brand of messiness. 

this is an online forum, i don't give a fuck. you could easily used google (which is free) especially when you clearly know next to nothing about R&B music. its like you just let bullshit spill out of your mouth and with no shame :laughcry:

6 minutes ago, King or Queen said:

But New edition are very Jackson 5 y no ? Their debut single is literally a remake of ABC ?? 

OMG i totally forgot about NKOTB. When did they start again ?!

Candy Girl is very J5-esque. But their other stuff was more pop rather than that "Motown"/R&B sound IMO. Later in their career they went a more full R&B sounds. Still In Love and Hit Me Off (from 1999, I think) are good examples of that stuff.

Um ... Hangin' Tough came out 30 years ago so ... 86/87, somewhere in there. 

4 minutes ago, fentypark said:

this is an online forum, i don't give a fuck. you could easily used google (which is free) especially when you clearly know next to nothing about R&B music. its like you just let bullshit spill out of your mouth and with no shame :laughcry:

Ladies and gentlemen the true colours of Miz Fenty Park. 

10 minutes ago, fentypark said:

school him!! these people need to listen to something other than pop music :icant:

I feel like this is literally the only thing I know anything about. I've always been more drawn to male artists/groups like B2M, Blackstreet, All-4-One, Shai, etc. that were hugely popular when I was a young teen... and of course the pop boybands later on. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

Candy Girl is very J5-esque. But their other stuff was more pop rather than that "Motown"/R&B sound IMO. Later in their career they went a more full R&B sounds. Still In Love and Hit Me Off (from 1999, I think) are good examples of that stuff.

Um ... Hangin' Tough came out 30 years ago so ... 86/87, somewhere in there. 

New Edition were literally one hit wonders in the UK. I must check out their later work. I have some vague memories of NKOTB haha