Sign in to follow this  
King or Queen

N Sync were the best fucking boy band ever. Discuss?

39 minutes ago, Elusive O'Hara said:

Britney had the same producer as them. Why do you have to come for Britney in order to uplift them??

I am not coming for Britney in any way. Not like she decided on the tracks for her albums. I clearly stated it was the producers who gave literally the same tracks to N Sync, then the Backstreet Boys and Britney later. But that sound was N Syncs FIRST. 

4 minutes ago, King or Queen said:

I am not coming for Britney in any way. Not like she decided on the tracks for her albums. I clearly stated it was the producers who gave literally the same tracks to N Sync, then the Backstreet Boys and Britney later. But that sound was N Syncs FIRST. 

But Backstreet Boys came out before N Sync 

9 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

It is nowhere near up to the standard of the other NSA era singles. I didn't even chart in most of the countries it was released in. They wanted to leave the era at three singles and move forward to the next project ... but they were obligated to release something else for the European audience and that's what they got. 

But that makes no sense cos Ill never stop was released before This I promise you. It came out like 5 months later. 

3 minutes ago, Elusive O'Hara said:

But Backstreet Boys came out before N Sync 

So ? They didn't have the sound of N Sync until their third album released in 2000, called Black & Blue. N Sync had that sound from the very start. It was theirs. 

Case in Point 

5 minutes ago, King or Queen said:

But that makes no sense cos Ill never stop was released before This I promise you. It came out like 5 months later. 

Really? We got TIPY first. I don't think the US got I'll Never Stop "officially" until 2005. The label did that a lot with them ... would release one single overseas where the market was bigger and then never send it over here. That's why there are two different self-titled debut albums. And The Winter Album. 

Thinking about it now tho ... I have to take back the "worst single" comment bc I think that should go to Together Again. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

Really? We got TIPY first. I don't think the US got I'll Never Stop "officially" until 2005. The label did that a lot with them ... would release one single overseas where the market was bigger and then never send it over here. That's why there are two different self-titled debut albums. And The Winter Album. 

Thinking about it now tho ... I have to take back the "worst single" comment bc I think that should go to Together Again. 

Ill Never stop was not released in the US at that time at all, but it was the third single in Europe in June, then This I promise you was fourth in November or so. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

Think you are getting confused with the Backstreet Boys ? N Sync only had one debut album :)

Ill Never stop was not released in the US at that time at all, but it was the third single in Europe in June, then This I promise you was fourth in November or so. 

Okay, I guess they figured the European market would be more atune to that one than the US bc the only way we could get the song at all was via import, which is how I got it. B-side to one of the other singles. 

Think you are getting confused with the Backstreet Boys ? N Sync only had one debut album :)

Yeah ... no. There's two. The European one has 5 songs (Riddle, Best of my Life, More Than A Feeling, Together Again, and Forever Young) and two extended editions (of the first two singles) that the US release does not. In turn the US release has I think three songs (I know GMHS and IDMC were two of them) that the other one didn't ... EU later got those songs on The Winter Album, tho they re-recorded I Drive Myself Crazy and rebranded it Thinking of You for TWA release. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

Okay, I guess they figured the European market would be more atune to that one than the US bc the only way we could get the song at all was via import, which is how I got it. B-side to one of the other singles. 

Yeah ... no. There's two. The European one has 5 songs (Riddle, Best of my Life, More Than A Feeling, Together Again, and Forever Young) and two extended editions (of the first two singles) that the US release does not. In turn the US release has I think three songs (I know GMHS and IDMC were two of them) that the other one didn't ... EU later got those songs on The Winter Album, tho they re-recorded I Drive Myself Crazy and rebranded it Thinking of You for TWA release. 

Ah ok, didn't know that. So there was basically a different tracklist for US and UK. Interesting. 

The BSB debut wasnt released at all in the US, then when they released their second album they took tracks from the two of those and that as their debut in the US. released at the same time as the second album internationally. I guess they needed different tracks for different markets. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, King or Queen said:

So ? They didn't have the sound of N Sync until their third album released in 2000, called Black & Blue. N Sync had that sound from the very start. It was theirs. 

Case in Point 

Everybody came out in June 1997 and has that sound though.

Also Larger than Life, which was released in 1999

It was the popular sound at the time. It has nothing to do with one artist hijacking another's style.

16 minutes ago, Elusive O'Hara said:

Everybody came out in June 1997 and has that sound though.

Also Larger than Life, which was released in 1999

It was the popular sound at the time. It has nothing to do with one artist hijacking another's style.

N Sync debuted in late 1996 and had that sound from the very start. When it was successful with them the same producers gave that same sound to other artists. N Sync had it first and made it popular. 

11 minutes ago, King or Queen said:

Ah ok, didn't know that. So there was basically a different tracklist for US and UK. Interesting. 

The BSB debut wasnt released at all in the US, then when they released their second album they took tracks from the two of those and that as their debut in the US. released at the same time as the second album internationally. I guess they needed different tracks for different markets. 

Yes. I think EU got their album like a year before we did. The tracks on that one are heavy with that europop sound that was big in 1997, but I don't think the label felt like that would go over well in the US, which is why we got a different tracklist with three (Sailing is another one of the US songs not on the other album) slower tracks in place of those that everyone else got.  We actually never got those extra tracks from the european release over here ... had to buy the import in order to have those. Needless to say I have a lot of *NSYNC import albums lol.

Yeah, I remember that w BSB bc I think the album I have is called Backstreet's Back. Cuz I remember being like where tf did they go? bc we had literally never heard of them before. Well ... I lie. We got We've Got It Going On like WAY before we got the album but it didn't really perform well on radio over here. Everybody was the BSB song that blew up in the US iirc. That was a long ass time ago. 

6 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

Yes. I think EU got their album like a year before we did. The tracks on that one are heavy with that europop sound that was big in 1997, but I don't think the label felt like that would go over well in the US, which is why we got a different tracklist with three (Sailing is another one of the US songs not on the other album) slower tracks in place of those that everyone else got.  We actually never got those extra tracks from the european release over here ... had to buy the import in order to have those. Needless to say I have a lot of *NSYNC import albums lol.

Yeah, I remember that w BSB bc I think the album I have is called Backstreet's Back. Cuz I remember being like where tf did they go? bc we had literally never heard of them before. Well ... I lie. We got We've Got It Going On like WAY before we got the album but it didn't really perform well on radio over here. Everybody was the BSB song that blew up in the US iirc. That was a long ass time ago. 

Can we take a moment and remember this !? For the nostalgia. My god..

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, King or Queen said:

Can we take a moment and remember this !? For the nostalgia. My god..

OMJ I love O-Town sfm! Seriously! They had some good shit on the first two albums. The third album is fantastic, better than the first two combined IMO. 

14 minutes ago, King or Queen said:

N Sync debuted in late 1996 and had that sound from the very start. When it was successful with them the same producers gave that same sound to other artists. N Sync had it first and made it popular. 

Backstreet boys debuted in September 1995 with that sound

10 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

OMJ I love O-Town sfm! Seriously! They had some good shit on the first two albums. The third album is fantastic, better than the first two combined IMO. 

I have never listened to them a lot outside of the singles TBH. 

Tell me you love this too ?!

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Elusive O'Hara said:

It does too. They didn't make it popular. It was the popular sound at the time.

No, it doesnt sound the same. BSB were far more pure pop than N Sync at the start. N Syncs biggest hits were edgier and rawer.