Sign in to follow this  
JupiterArgus

Divas pop: best albums

Pinned posts

I'm Dylan and I came to talk about 4 pop divas and their best albums (although you think they are others)

Let's start was 1997-1998 when pop was dead and everything was starting to get darker and personal, thanks to R & B stars (Mariah, Brandy and Monica, TLC, among many)

Janet and Madonna were no longer selling what they used to sell in the 80's. And since the pop was dead and the R & B, europop, dance and alternative was that of That time, these had to adapt, with the exception of Mariah.

Let's start with The Velvet Rope by Janet Jackson, 1997.
After a Commercial failure and a depressive disorder, Janet did not want to go back to the studio.

The Velvet Rope was an excellent album, R & B and Dance. Album that talks about his depression and homosexuality. He sold 14M, 2M in his first month. The concept is excellent, and is on the list of the 500 best albums in history.

Now with Madonna, After commercial failures and an assassination attempt, Madonna becomes stronger than ever. Influenced by Massive Attack, Björk and Beck. Madonna's Ray of Light was a huge jump to the genre she used to do.

Cool concept, talk about fun, the World, your Life as a mother and your childhood. He sold 20M and unleashed his new alter ego, "Veronica Electronica". By the way, the song Ray of Light, is considered the second best song in the whole story, this is his second song to achieve it.

The Impossible Princess by Kylie Minogue is probably her best album, inspired by the triphop and the experimental, Kylie gives us a unique concept about love, her lover and her Fame. He sold 2M worldwide.

Finally, Mariah Carey's Butterfly (1997), her most personal album. Sound more hip hop compared to the R & B he did in Daydream (1995), concept that Now was free, like a Butterfly. It deals with topics about your divorce, childhood and love. The album sold 12M WW and gave us 2 # 1s.

In 1997 and 1998 everything was more obscure and personal with respect to the concept of albums.

These are the best albums of The divas pop, although you have a different opinion.

FB_IMG_1549529926096.jpg

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, JupiterArgus said:
After a Commercial failure and a depressive disorder, Janet did not want to go back to the studio.

???? what commercial failure did Janet have in the 90s ???? and are you trynna be funny with using male pronouns for Janet ???

OT: the velvet rope > ray of light > butterfly > impossible princess

14 minutes ago, DREAMPOP said:

???? what commercial failure did Janet have in the 90s ???? and are you trynna be funny with using male pronouns for Janet ???

OT: the velvet rope > ray of light > butterfly > impossible princess

MTE. What commercial failure? Her album before that (Janet) debut at #1 and got her two #1 hits :laughcry:

4 hours ago, DREAMPOP said:

¿Y es trynna ser divertida con el uso de los pronombres masculinos para Janet?

Omg I just wrote this in Spanish first, then I traslated it with Google KSKSKS 

OT: la cuerda de terciopelo> rayo de luz> mariposa> princesa imposible WBK 

I haven't listened to Butterfly, but the rest of the other minus Impossible Princess are just OK, in my opinion.

Spoiler

En español: no he escuchado Butterfly, pero los demás, además de Impossible Princess, son OK en mi opinión.