Sign in to follow this  
Blue Sunshine

Food Network Discussion Thread

21 minutes ago, neonnights said:

her burger looks ATROCIOUS. 

It looks so weak and sad and flavorless. Like, what even is this mess? This like a Chum Bucket knock-off of the Krabby Patty.

I had to take a break from Chopped for a little while bc I was seeing mystery baskets in my sleep lol. 

Have y’all watched Winner Cake All? It’s one them baking competitions, teams of two have to create a cake for a mystery client each episode. Some of the cake decorators on that show have me wondering ... 

Ok so this isn't a food network show but it's about food so it applies ...

BITCHHHHHHHHHHH I AM PISSED that Eric didn't win Top Chef. I could say it's a bigger metaphor for how POC are treated in this world and how to two basic ass ***** women made it to the finale cooking cornbread and boiled peanuts that they learned from their "ancestors" who probably learned/stole them recipes from slaves in the South.

Instead, I'll just say how impressed I was with Eric Adjepong for having the courage and spirit to cook authentic West African food all season long to judges and people who live in Kentucky. His dedication to his flavors, culture, and heritage was outstanding and should be applauded. His authenticity and willingness to be bold with his food is what makes him a Top Chef even without the validation or the check. It's truly a shame that he wasn't able to serve his full 4-course dish in the finale that would've told the story of the Transatlantic Slave Trade and how slaves migrated to the deep south. 

Regardless, this is only the beginning of his journey and I can't wait to go to his restaurant and buy his cookbook. His presence on the show resonated with me and so many others and thought he didn't win he served as representation and inspiration for those who come behind him. 

• Upvote 1