Sign in to follow this  
Blue Sunshine

Food Network Discussion Thread

This thread IS indeed brought to you by "Blue watches too much tv"

food-network-3-logo-png-transparent.png

Is anyone else here a fan of Food Network? What are your fave FN shows? Fave FN star/personality? Any shows you'd recommend?

I love the competition shows like Guy's Grocery Games, Chopped, Cake Wars (I have a friend who won an episode of Cake Wars a few years back), all of the Baking Championships, Worst Cooks in America, etc.

Not even kidding, I can sit and watch these shows for hours on end. It makes me, once again, wanna go to culinary school but that ain't gonna happen.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, neonnights said:

It’s not on the channel anymore, but I love Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee. She’s such a fascinating kitchen disaster! 

OMJ Sandra Lee is a friggin' trainwreck and I adore her!! I used to watch her show every day, and I appreciated that the stuff she was making wasn't like super complicated. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

OMJ Sandra Lee is a friggin' trainwreck and I adore her!! I used to watch her show every day, and I appreciated that the stuff she was making wasn't like super complicated. 

I love her random shout outs to her nieces and nephews, because if you didn’t watch it regularly, it made her seem even more crazy talking about these seemingly random people with odd nicknames. 

I watch clips on YouTube from time to time. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, neonnights said:

I love her random shout outs to her nieces and nephews, because if you didn’t watch it regularly, it made her seem even more crazy talking about these seemingly random people with odd nicknames. 

I watch clips on YouTube from time to time. 

Right! When I had first started watching her show it was already quite a few seasons in and I was like "who tf is she talking to/about?" lol.

She bat-shit looney, I relate.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Livelikemusic said:

ask-ina-hero.jpg

Ngl, I used to despise this woman ... but after I watched her show a little more I realized I was wrong. She is entertaining af!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

Ngl, I used to despise this woman ... but after I watched her show a little more I realized I was wrong. She is entertaining af!

I fucking love her, and I loved Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals. I made her salami burger and it was fucking bomb.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Livelikemusic said:

I fucking love her, and I loved Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals. I made her salami burger and it was fucking bomb.

30 Minute Meals was one of my every day shows, I would always watch it and be like "I can make that!" and then never did lol.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

30 Minute Meals was one of my every day shows, I would always watch it and be like "I can make that!" and then never did lol.

I only made the salami burger, except, I used pre-made burger patties. I want pure beef, lol.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lucky said:

I really love Martha Stewart.

This is my favorite recipe by her. I made it several times and it's very delicious.

You know, I've never actually watched Martha's show. I dunno why bc I really like her and look up to her creatively. I need to watch her stuff. 

She's a somewhat regular judge on Chopped now and I'm loving seeing her on that show.

15 minutes ago, Livelikemusic said:

I only made the salami burger, except, I used pre-made burger patties. I want pure beef, lol.

Lol, can't say I blame ya! Sometimes they wanna combine some strange friggin' ingredients on these shows and I'm just like ... nah! 

4 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

Lol, can't say I blame ya! Sometimes they wanna combine some strange friggin' ingredients on these shows and I'm just like ... nah! 

Hers was mostly beef, but I do believe she mixed pork into it, as well, so it was a bit healthier. Lemme look the recipe up.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Livelikemusic said:

Hers was mostly beef, but I do believe she mixed pork into it, as well, so it was a bit healthier. Lemme look the recipe up.

I don't think I've ever had a burger that was anything other than ground beef or ground turkey (bc up until very recently ... like a month ago ... I hadn't eaten beef or pork in 20 years).

6 minutes ago, Livelikemusic said:

This looks really good!

• Upvote 1

OMGGGGGGGGGGGG the thread we all need and deserve!

undefined

I think we can all admit FD isn't as good as it once was or maybe I should say the chefs were alot better and more interesting back in the day like Emeril, Rachel Ray, Martha Stewart, Ina Garten, that random black couple who broke up.

I LOVED Unwrapped with Marc Summers. But I currently enjoy almost any holiday baking competition, GGG, Next Food Network Star, Chopped! 

I'm interested to see Buddy vs Duff.. I'm assuming it's gonna be a baking competition maybe similar to that Bobby Flay show.

I also enjoy Top Chef (but that's on Bravo).

Also has anyone seen Salt, Fat, Acid and Heat on Netflix cause I really enjoyed that and would love to see her on FD.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SweetSapphicScholar said:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGG the thread we all need and deserve!

undefined

I think we can all admit FD isn't as good as it once was or maybe I should say the chefs were alot better and more interesting back in the day like Emeril, Rachel Ray, Martha Stewart, Ina Garten, that random black couple who broke up.

I LOVED Unwrapped with Marc Summers. But I currently enjoy almost any holiday baking competition, GGG, Next Food Network Star, Chopped! 

I'm interested to see Buddy vs Duff.. I'm assuming it's gonna be a baking competition maybe similar to that Bobby Flay show.

I also enjoy Top Chef (but that's on Bravo).

Also has anyone seen Salt, Fat, Acid and Heat on Netflix cause I really enjoyed that and would love to see her on FD.

Yes yes, I agree. Especially daytime FN ... the shows used to be great, but not so much anymore. Emeril was the first chef I got into on the channel. Me and my baby brother would watch him every night. Oh, was it the Neeley's? They had that southern, kinda down home cooking show. I loved that show.

Unwrapped was hands down the best show ever on FN IMO! Marc Summers is the face of my childhood, I loved him so much when he hosted Double Dare of Nickelodeon and then when I discovered Unwrapped it was like YAS!! That was another one me and the brother would watch religiously. 

Buddy vs. Duff sounds like a premise I can get behind! I hope whatever it is it involves lots of killer cake designs!

• Upvote 1

Random observations watching Chopped:

Scott Conant is so sexy ... omfj! Okay ... I'm good.

The word sauce makes me giggle like an idiot. I wonder who is to blame for that? 8SdNdl4.gif

Some people will literally eat ... anything. 65QG08o.gif