Sign in to follow this  
King or Queen

Movies you have watched this week ?

Starting this thread for people to write on movies they have seen in this or recent weeks. No spoilers please. 

This week I have seen The Viper Club - excellent, I would recommend  and

Velvet Buzzsaw, this is a satire about the art world in the US and I am enjoying it, have another half hour to finish !

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, King or Queen said:

Velvet Buzzsaw, this is a satire about the art world in the US and I am enjoying it, have another half hour to finish !

I was contemplating watching that tonight after I wrap up my current movie, lol.

• Upvote 1

Down on Hulu. The latest installment in their Into the Dark horror series. It was better than the last installment of the series IMO. 

Velvet Buzzsaw On Netflix. Was a good watch. Not what I expected it to be judging by the trailer I saw. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

Down on Hulu. The latest installment in their Into the Dark horror series. It was better than the last installment of the series IMO. 

Velvet Buzzsaw On Netflix. Was a good watch. Not what I expected it to be judging by the trailer I saw. 

I have another 40 mins to go in Velvet Buzzsaw ! Enjoying it so far. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Riding The M-Train! said:

The Spy Who Dumped Me - Kinda tacky in places but I got into by the end and enjoyed it 

Moana - Awesome movie, I loved it

The Happytime Murders - Funny in places but not the best film I’ve seen 

I watched half of The spy who dumped me, never finished it. 

Never watched The Happytime murders, didnt appeal to me at all. 

Moana, must check it out ! 

• Upvote 1

crazy rich asians, which was super funny. i hadn't wanted to see it from the trailers but really glad i gave it a chance.
boy erased made me super uncomfortable because some scenes are really hard to watch but it's a really important movie and i liked it a lot.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, King or Queen said:

Has anyone seen The Mule, Vice or Green Book

I heard of The Mule but not much about the concept

OT: I've been slacking on movies since I've only been watching TV shows instead but I might consider watching this movie called "A Quiet Place"

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Pixelated Kunt said:

I heard of The Mule but not much about the concept

OT: I've been slacking on movies since I've only been watching TV shows instead but I might consider watching this movie called "A Quiet Place"

A quiet place is good, I saw it in the cinema not sure if it will be as good on a laptop. 

I never watch series at all, but that seems to be the in thing these days.

• Upvote 2

I'm heading off to watch a movie or two as soon as this episode of Kids Baking Championship is over. Netflix has added a couple of titles (one called Malicious and one called All Light Will End) that seemed to catch me interest so I'm gonna check 'em out.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Blue Sunshine said:

I'm heading off to watch a movie or two as soon as this episode of Kids Baking Championship is over. Netflix has added a couple of titles (one called Malicious and one called All Light Will End) that seemed to catch me interest so I'm gonna check 'em out.

I watched both of these last night. I'd give 'em both a C rating. Very middle of the road. Not great, not terrible.

Malicious I really only watched bc it starred Josh Stewart (The Collector, The Collection, Criminal Minds) and I really like him. All Light Will End had potential, but it never embraced it. It was a slow burn that turned out to be very cliche. I was disappointed honestly bc I thought it would be better given the premise.

I also watched Await Further Instructions. It was also C at best. It was trying too hard to be tense and almost all of the characters I ended up hating almost immediately. There were some Hellraiser-esque parts toward the end, even down to the campish 80s type graphic effects. It was better than the other two previously mentioned, but still ... not great.

Last I watched Gehenna. This one was B+. Definitely the best of all 4 films I watched last night. It had some elements of J-horror in the style of some of the haunts/scares. Also kinda gave me an As Above, So Below kinda feel in a way. The big twist at the end was a bit obvious to me, but I wasn't mad. 

• Upvote 1