Sign in to follow this  
AmazingAzalean

Have you ever experienced abuse/harassment publicly?

27 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

Being in a situation where you're bullied/harassed by a teacher really is the worst isn't it? I had a similar incident with my Advanced Math teacher senior year. She made a point of making me look stupid in front of the entire class by calling me to do problems on the board knowing full well I had crippling anxiety about being in front of people. That and the combination of my comprehension skills and her "teaching" methods (which consisted of her sitting on her ass and literally just reading from a MATH textbook) did not mesh well ... so I was struggling terribly. She got so much joy out of failing me that year. 

Since venting is okay here ... I'll bring this one out too. I've mentioned it before on the forum I think. 

The last year I worked at Walmart my co-manager was a constant source of harassment and ridicule for me. There was an instance I recall in particular where he told me flat out to shut up on the salesfloor, in front of customers. He made fun of my mental illness to my face on more than one occasion. He also made fun of my medical condition in front of another manager, who acknowledged he heard what was said but did nothing to back me up when I finally got the courage to go to HR over the harassment. The end result of me going to HR is I was terminated. This led to my current situation ... the worst depression of my life, I'm unable to leave my home for more than a few minutes at a time. I can't be around anyone other than family, and even they are too much and I have to hide from them. I feel like a total burden and that everyone in the world hates me. It's too much to deal with ...

I’m so sorry to hear of your situation sweetie <3<3<3 

That does sound like an awful thing to go through 

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Blue Sunshine said:

Being in a situation where you're bullied/harassed by a teacher really is the worst isn't it? I had a similar incident with my Advanced Math teacher senior year. She made a point of making me look stupid in front of the entire class by calling me to do problems on the board knowing full well I had crippling anxiety about being in front of people. That and the combination of my comprehension skills and her "teaching" methods (which consisted of her sitting on her ass and literally just reading from a MATH textbook) did not mesh well ... so I was struggling terribly. She got so much joy out of failing me that year. 

Since venting is okay here ... I'll bring this one out too. I've mentioned it before on the forum I think. 

The last year I worked at Walmart my co-manager was a constant source of harassment and ridicule for me. There was an instance I recall in particular where he told me flat out to shut up on the salesfloor, in front of customers. He made fun of my mental illness to my face on more than one occasion. He also made fun of my medical condition in front of another manager, who acknowledged he heard what was said but did nothing to back me up when I finally got the courage to go to HR over the harassment. The end result of me going to HR is I was terminated. This led to my current situation ... the worst depression of my life, I'm unable to leave my home for more than a few minutes at a time. I can't be around anyone other than family, and even they are too much and I have to hide from them. I feel like a total burden and that everyone in the world hates me. It's too much to deal with ...

Ugh, that's so evil. I don't understand how someone can have so much hate to give without any mercy, easy to hate hard to love I guess, it's disgusting.

I haven't worked in retail a lot but I'm sure it's not the brightest place to work in, then again is any job? I've worked in catering for almost 2 years now and I'm starting to see the ugly things myself.

Just don't let them dim your shine sis, don't let them win. I just stick to my mentality of collecting my coins and going home, not there to make friends and be involved in the drama, that helps me process all the rest of the negative crazy shit.

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Legendie said:

um hi have you met me? I am literally bullied every day on the internet 

I'm talking more about public harassment not so much online bullying :cm:

3 hours ago, neonnights said:

@AmazingAzalean bullies me for being a Dannii Minogue fan. :beyslay:

It's what you deserve :kelly: jk we love Dannii I guess :whereisit:

I mean, I havent been bullied for being gay... because I'm not out yet so i have yet to experience that. The friends that I have told have been so supportive and kind to me.

But I guess you could call it emotional and mental abuse from my parents regarding my sexuality. 

Throughout highschool, things were okay. Like I wasn't bullied or anything, but I just didn't fit into anything the straight guys did. I did have a group pf guy friends that I would see and that, it was great. But the popular guys did drugs and shit like that, its a no from me. I had many female friends too, so its not like I didnt have friends... but I just felt like I couldn't relate to many of the things the other guys did. I'm not feminine in any way, so nobody guessed or tried to out me :cm:

The abuse I suffered has, and is still coming from, my parents. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Tαβοο said:

At least twice a week 

:( do you want to elaborate?

5 hours ago, Craig said:

I mean, I havent been bullied for being gay... because I'm not out yet so i have yet to experience that. The friends that I have told have been so supportive and kind to me.

But I guess you could call it emotional and mental abuse from my parents regarding my sexuality. 

Throughout highschool, things were okay. Like I wasn't bullied or anything, but I just didn't fit into anything the straight guys did. I did have a group pf guy friends that I would see and that, it was great. But the popular guys did drugs and shit like that, its a no from me. I had many female friends too, so its not like I didnt have friends... but I just felt like I couldn't relate to many of the things the other guys did. I'm not feminine in any way, so nobody guessed or tried to out me :cm:

The abuse I suffered has, and is still coming from, my parents. 

It must suck to have the people who you need the most, treat you that way. I hope they see the light, because we're not sick, we're not aliens, we all bleed the same. I wish sometimes people would focus on what we do have in common rather than what we don't. I have hope for you sis <3 

5 hours ago, Homojénik said:

I was one of the bullies in HS. 

:( 

Aww! Some things never change!

• Upvote 3

My incident might some as a minor one compared to everyone else's but this one time in middle school one of my classmates slapped my ass in front of the whole class while I was bending down to pick something up. I was so embarrassed and didn't know what to say because he said something to me after he did that and he assumed it was all in good fun but it was hard for me to see how it was just a playful jester especially since I wasn't even cool like that with him. He just did it out of nowhere and I genuinely felt violated.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Starboy said:

My incident might some as a minor one compared to everyone else's but this one time in middle school one of my classmates slapped my ass in front of the whole class while I was bending down to pick something up. I was so embarrassed and didn't know what to say because he said something to me after he did that and he assumed it was all in good fun but it was hard for me to see how it was just a playful jester especially since I wasn't even cool like that with him. He just did it out of nowhere and I genuinely felt violated.

That is 100% something valid to be upset about. I've definitely felt that feeling before, just pure humiliation because of what someone has physically or emotionally done to you, the whole class laughing at you, someone pulling your trousers down in front of everyone, those sorta thing are all in the same. It's this sort of embarrassment where you almost feel guilty even though it wasn't your fault. Yeah some people go way too far...

• Love 1