Sign in to follow this  
AmazingAzalean

Have you ever experienced abuse/harassment publicly?

I thought this would be an appropriate thread given the current events.

When I was younger (13 to 16) I used to get followed home after school by these kids who would call me gay slurs, literally theyd follow us a mile to my house, also in the park I used to go to they would shout abuse (different group of cunts) when me and my friends would be minding our business on our bikes.

The worst thing I probably experienced, I was walking back home from picking my younger brother up from school when the same 2 kids would harrass us and call us "sean and cody" because we had long hair (like girl tf lmao). Then one time I retaliated and he threw a bottle at me, I fucking snapped and threw it back and ran off ksnsksks but that took all of me back when I was only 13 :kelly:

I cant even remember the amount of times I've been called "mop head" and "faggot", but then when I made fun of this guy who was bullying me for having a "brain leak" when he was younger, EVERYONE said I went too far :kelly:PLEAAAASSE make it make sense, you hit me I hit you harder :gemma:

Tbh looking back at my childhood I'm suprised I didnt turn out as a huge mess cuz I couldve easily become a victim and a hermit, but you cant let them win, make them seethe!! :gemma:

• Upvote 4

To answer your question ...

I was always picked on for being ugly when I was young, still am to this day and I'm a full grown adult. I always have been and always will be the ugly friend who's only there to make her other friends look better by comparison.

But that doesn't bother me ... I'm used to it now.

When I was in high school, all through grade 10 and into grade 11 I was sexually harassed by two different guys. Every. Day. One of them was always touching me and doing everything in his power to make me uncomfortable. His girlfriend sat right next to me and just laughed at how much it upset me. The teacher of that particular class witnessed it happening many times and turned a blind eye to it bc she was lazy and spineless.

The other boy was always saying pervy shit to me, I mean, all the time. He'd come up behind me in the halls and put his arm around my shoulders or whatever. (I need y'all to understand that this was a problem bc I am terrified of physical contact coming from anyone. I've gotten better as I've gotten older, but it's still an issue.) One day though, at lunch, this guy grabbed me by my arm and tried to drag me into the guys restroom. My best friend, who was standing right next to me while this was going on, just laughed. In the end I kicked the guy and he let me go, but I was legitimately terrified of retaliation for the rest of the time I was in HS bc of that incident.

I am almost 40 years old at this point in my life and I have never told anyone in my real life about these happenings bc I'm scared they won't believe me or just won't care. I've held on to it for 20+ years.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Lucky said:

Only dogs abused me

Have you been attacked/bitten? 

11 hours ago, Blue Sunshine said:

To answer your question ...

I was always picked on for being ugly when I was young, still am to this day and I'm a full grown adult. I always have been and always will be the ugly friend who's only there to make her other friends look better by comparison.

But that doesn't bother me ... I'm used to it now.

When I was in high school, all through grade 10 and into grade 11 I was sexually harassed by two different guys. Every. Day. One of them was always touching me and doing everything in his power to make me uncomfortable. His girlfriend sat right next to me and just laughed at how much it upset me. The teacher of that particular class witnessed it happening many times and turned a blind eye to it bc she was lazy and spineless.

The other boy was always saying pervy shit to me, I mean, all the time. He'd come up behind me in the halls and put his arm around my shoulders or whatever. (I need y'all to understand that this was a problem bc I am terrified of physical contact coming from anyone. I've gotten better as I've gotten older, but it's still an issue.) One day though, at lunch, this guy grabbed me by my arm and tried to drag me into the guys restroom. My best friend, who was standing right next to me while this was going on, just laughed. In the end I kicked the guy and he let me go, but I was legitimately terrified of retaliation for the rest of the time I was in HS bc of that incident.

I am almost 40 years old at this point in my life and I have never told anyone in my real life about these happenings bc I'm scared they won't believe me or just won't care. I've held on to it for 20+ years.

Sis I'm so sorry you had to go through all that shit :trishabawl: Your not alone, HS is the worst time of many peoples lives, myself including, those who breeze by should consider themselves PRIVILEGED. 

It's disgusting that students let alone teachers have the bone in their body to turn a blind eye, how can you not feel compassion for someone who is clearly being bullied, I've seen it for myself and it's just so unsettling and disappointing to watch.

You're so strong sis, I admire you so much, this doesn't define you at all <3 

• Love 1

besides me getting bullied during my school years I never experienced any abuse in public. 

at my old job I did get customers trying to fight me because it's illegal to serve alcohol to anyone that are drunk but it was nothing since the security were there

• Upvote 2

Back in primary school I used to get hit and kicked and bullies would pull down my pants..and all they did was say ignore them to me.   :whereisit: people wonder why I'm so screwed up but most of my harassment went behide doors  I kept it a secret for years...because I was afraid and too young and clueless to understand 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I was bullied in primary and secondary school. School was horrid. I hated being excluded from what the other kids were doing and being treated like I was weird or a freak.

I liked when I went on summer camp as I got to be popular and everyone loved and adored me and all the girls on the bus were crying when I got off cos they missed me so much

When I was 17 some drunk person punched me but I didn't really retaliate as I didn't wanna get in a fight

Last year a disgusting vile sexual pervert kept grabbing my crotch and ass and I nearly punched him as he angered me and I shouted at him and then he left me alone.

Some one else tried to start a fight with me last year (twice) but I just walked away as soon as I could.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Surprised 1

My nickname was basically “faggot” for most of my childhood. :beautyisatalent: The hetties at every school I ever attended were truly awful and out to embarrass anyone that was gay or seemed gay. And I was kind of meek up until the 10th grade. That’s when I started fighting back. I can lash out pretty harshly when I’m really angry, because of all of those years I’d let people walk over me. It’s sort of a side effect or self protection. Like, if I show people I can be aggressive or I get aggressive in the prelude to a fight or even if it does come down to physical violence, they’ll back off and won’t mess with me again. 

I don’t like to be angry or violent though so I’ve learned somewhat to set someone straight in a mostly calm voice, so people tend to leave me alone after that initial strike. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I upvoted the posts in this thread to show support to each of you and also to show that I understand, I've been there. I'm not liking what happened to anyone in this situation ... I just don't want it to be misconstrued.

To every single one of you ... y'all are all so strong to have to have gone through these adversities and move forward and still be so strong and level headed. You are the type of people I admire. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

i got bullied a couple for being 'ugly' or for my weight in high school, it was always in front of people by boys. but i've always been a bitch and they'd be shocked when i'd shoot back with something so much more cutting or sarcastic. they gave up after a while :))) 

• Upvote 2

I was bullied for years in junior highschool/HS by my ex best friend. He never did touch me or attacked me physically but he did abused me psychologically/emotionally for years. Although, I remember I was walking to class with him and another guy, he grabbed this guy's hand and forced him to grab my butt. My ex best friend told me he did that 'cause this guy told him he liked me, so he wanted to show the guy he gave him permission to get close to me (or to do stuff like that to me).  This got worst when I started dating for the first time.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I'm very sorry to hear about these bad past experiences. It happened to me a long time ago but fortunately I didn't have to deal with it anymore after getting out of that period of my life. 

Also, if you need something to help you being positive, you can stream my single "Better" and listen to its lyrics, which you might relate to :heart: 

• Upvote 4

When I was 13, I obsessively stanned Britney and recorded some audio covers. I put in my social network's account, because i wanted to show a certain peson my singing skills (i literally didn't have any xD). Though she liked my covers, so i continued to post it, but i didn't think that someone else except her can hear them. I fucked up. One of my friends-classmate have heard my covers and repost it to other classmates. Then suddenly the whole school knew about my ugly covers, so literally everyone was making jokes out of me, laughing at me and bullying calling me gay. Even the ones, whose names I don't know, talked trash about me. (just imagine the level of delusion) This literally turned me into a school "superstar". Anyways it was exciting experience, though of course it was painful :demilip:

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Handmade Heaven said:

I was bullied for years in junior highschool/HS by my ex best friend. He never did touch me or attacked me physically but he did abused me psychologically/emotionally for years. Although, I remember I was walking to class with him and another guy, he grabbed this guy's hand and forced him to grab my butt. My ex best friend told me he did that 'cause this guy told him he liked me, so he wanted to show the guy he gave him permission to get close to me (or to do stuff like that to me).  This got worst when I started dating for the first time.

Oh that’s, awful I’m sorry to hear that :hug2:

2 hours ago, Burning Up said:

When I was 13, I obsessively stanned Britney and recorded some audio covers. I put in my social network's account, because i wanted to show a certain peson my singing skills (i literally didn't have any xD). Though she liked my covers, so i continued to post it, but i didn't think that someone else except her can hear them. I fucked up. One of my friends-classmate have heard my covers and repost it to other classmates. Then suddenly the whole school knew about my ugly covers, so literally everyone was making jokes out of me, laughing at me and bullying calling me gay. Even the ones, whose names I don't know, talked trash about me. (just imagine the level of delusion) This literally turned me into a school "superstar". Anyways it was exciting experience, though of course it was painful :demilip:

Oh damn, that sounds like an awful experience to go through :( 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Kerli said:

I'm very sorry to hear about these bad past experiences. It happened to me a long time ago but fortunately I didn't have to deal with it anymore after getting out of that period of my life. 

Also, if you need something to help you being positive, you can stream my single "Better" and listen to its lyrics, which you might relate to :heart: 

NNNNN the shameless plug :kelly: loves it

2 hours ago, Burning Up said:

Omg i know the feeling. I had a similar experience where i told my friend about my YouTube channel and he told my bully and it spread like wildfire...then my online "friend" hacked me and deleted my channel. A blessing in disguise tbh, but you cant trust fucking anyone!!

• Upvote 1

I actually remember another experience I had in HS but it was more emotional harrassment than physical.

I had a "friend" who would basically control me and our two other friends. Literally like where to sit, what to do etc. It was bizarre, all because he was insecure and was a control freak, dont know what for. In the last final months of HS I stopped going to him and did my own thing, I was not gonna be his little submissive anymore. Then when he tried to get my phone number through my mum who worked at my school I got her to evade him. Worked like a charm :gemma: never again!

That reminds me of another experience I went through of my french teacher bullying me, my brother and my mum. Fucking rotten bitch. Always would pick on me in class and when I got the answer wrong would be shady af about it. Then at a parents evening with my mum she said to her in front of me I was never going to achieve an A (she made several points, I got a D :kelly:) but still discouraging as fuck. She was just so snarky and obviously had a vendetta of some sort (apparently its because she has disabled kids and my mum saw them and it pissed her off, weird ik).

Maybe she couldnt handle that I'm half french and beautiful :gemma: seethe bitch!

Funnily enough "FUCK MRS ********" was written on a bustop near the school last year...she still doesnt seem likeable by the sound of it :kelly:

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, AmazingAzalean said:

That reminds me of another experience I went through of my french teacher bullying me, my brother and my mum. Fucking rotten bitch. Always would pick on me in class and when I got the answer wrong would be shady af about it. Then at a parents evening with my mum she said to her in front of me I was never going to achieve an A (she made several points, I got a D :kelly:) but still discouraging as fuck. She was just so snarky and obviously had a vendetta of some sort (apparently its because she has disabled kids and my mum saw them and it pissed her off, weird ik).

Maybe she couldnt handle that I'm half french and beautiful :gemma: seethe bitch!

Funnily enough "FUCK MRS ********" was written on a bustop near the school last year...she still doesnt seem likeable by the sound of it :kelly:

Being in a situation where you're bullied/harassed by a teacher really is the worst isn't it? I had a similar incident with my Advanced Math teacher senior year. She made a point of making me look stupid in front of the entire class by calling me to do problems on the board knowing full well I had crippling anxiety about being in front of people. That and the combination of my comprehension skills and her "teaching" methods (which consisted of her sitting on her ass and literally just reading from a MATH textbook) did not mesh well ... so I was struggling terribly. She got so much joy out of failing me that year. 

Since venting is okay here ... I'll bring this one out too. I've mentioned it before on the forum I think. 

The last year I worked at Walmart my co-manager was a constant source of harassment and ridicule for me. There was an instance I recall in particular where he told me flat out to shut up on the salesfloor, in front of customers. He made fun of my mental illness to my face on more than one occasion. He also made fun of my medical condition in front of another manager, who acknowledged he heard what was said but did nothing to back me up when I finally got the courage to go to HR over the harassment. The end result of me going to HR is I was terminated. This led to my current situation ... the worst depression of my life, I'm unable to leave my home for more than a few minutes at a time. I can't be around anyone other than family, and even they are too much and I have to hide from them. I feel like a total burden and that everyone in the world hates me. It's too much to deal with ...

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1