Sign in to follow this  
King or Queen

Is Lady Gaga the tackiest pop star to debut this century ?

Let us look at the receipts. 

1. Performing like this on live TV. Regardless of whether it was with R. Kelly or not. 

Image result for lady gaga rkelly gif

Performance - Tacky 

2. Wearing a dress made out of meat to an awards show. 

gallery-1441283156-gettyimages-139184262-master.jpg?resize=480:*

Style choices - Tacky 

3. Using her dead aunt to promote Joanne, an aunt who she had NEVER met and was dead years and years before she was even born. Even her family were low key embarrassed for her. 

Image result for lady gaga joanne

Promotional tactics - Tacky

4. Her Bowie tribute was labelled stupid and tacky by former drummer. 

Lady Gaga

"Former David Bowie drummer Mick ‘Woody’ Woodmansey has branded Lady Gaga’s David Bowie tribute/Intel advert at this year’s Grammy Awards as “stupid” and “tacky”. He also says that he and Toni Visconti were asked to get involved with the performance, but told organisers to “fuck off”.

So is she the tackiest around or is there someone tackier ? Receipts needed with your choice. 

• Upvote 2

Imagine thinking you clocked anybody with this thread, sounding so Confident.m4a about it, too. eve1

The fact that you still remember the meat dress means that it is ICONIC! Has zayn done anything iconic other than missing the Top 50 on Billboard with just his second album? 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, rihce said:

More gimmicks than tackiness imo

This, those 'gimmicks' always made a statement... 

For example, the meat dress was an iconic statement against Dont Ask Dont Tell...

5 minutes ago, Craig said:

This, those 'gimmicks' always made a statement... 

For example, the meat dress was an iconic statement against Dont Ask Dont Tell...

And today can be used as a metaphor for how misogynists see women 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, WeKeepOnRockin said:

Imagine thinking you clocked anybody with this thread, sounding so Confident.m4a about it, too. eve1

The fact that you still remember the meat dress means that it is ICONIC! Has zayn done anything iconic other than missing the Top 50 on Billboard with just his second album? 

They thought they done something with their tired drags lmfao :lmfao:

• LOL 1

1. I have no comment for the first one since she was in the dark place at that time and was taking too much drugged that altered her mind and there were so many behind the scene we will never get to know. Atleast she apologized and you should move on like everyone else.

2. There's actual meaning to the meat dress. "The meat dress was a statement about one's need to fight for what one believes in, and highlighted her distaste for the US military's don't-ask-don't-tell policy". 

3. People asked what's the meaning of Joanne so she's obliged to bring it up. I don't know what's the big deal in that. I mean, the album minus DIC is literally biographical on Joanne's life, so she wanted to honor her. I don't see anything wrong with that, maybe she should have tone it down but she's famous for her theatrical stuff. She has been doing same with Born This Way, The Fame Monster. This isn't the first time. 

4. People will either like or hate the performance. Big deal, woops. :madgerly:

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, King or Queen said:

It seems like people who cannot refute the tackiness are just saying she isn't tacky apart from @phoenixstar

saying she isn't tacky IS refuting your statement about her being tacky. I've seen at least two replies in this thread addressing the meat dress which is a poor example on your part 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, WeKeepOnRockin said:

saying she isn't tacky IS refuting your statement about her being tacky. I've seen at least two replies in this thread addressing the meat dress which is a poor example on your part 

Name someone tackier and provide receipts if you can. 

• Upvote 1