Sign in to follow this  
Taylor Chen

Why are people afraid of spiders?

I know spiders can look creepy especially when they are all bundled together but overall I dont get how people are deathly afraid of them. Its not just women and gay men either. A lot of straight men are also scared of spiders. My straight best friend never comes to my room because I have a pet rose haired tarantula. Chris Evans who plays Captain America says he cries when he sees spiders. I was at the gym a few weeks ago and a big spider was in the mens locker room and CHILEEE i have never seen a group of tough alpha males behave like gazelles being chased by a lion. Eventually some guy slammed it with his running shoes but still it was hysterical. Men act so masculine yet turn into Alyssia Edwards when they see a spider or rat.

Venomous spiders arent that common. Why are people afraid of them? My pet Tarantula is actually very cute. Yes he has 8 eyes but hes weirdly cute with his fuzzy self. He has no venom and is friendly.

• Upvote 1
  • LOL 6
  • Surprised 1

I love spiders, I think they're rather beautiful. 

I hate having to kill the venomous ones (mainly brown recluse and black widow) that get in the house, but I have to bc ... kids. I wouldn't care if I got bit by one (had a widow crawl across me shoulder one night when I was half asleep, just brushed it away and went back to listening to youtube stories like whatever), but if one of my sister's kids got hurt bc of one I'd never be okay with that.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Gratitude said:

TThey are creepy...especially the massive ones.. and the ones in australia are very dangerous so..

I'm not scared of most spiders but if I see a red-back spider in my house it dies. It is the second most venomous spider in the world and I've seen it in my garage. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Graceful Dancing said:

I love spiders, I think they're rather beautiful. 

I hate having to kill the venomous ones (mainly brown recluse and black widow) that get in the house, but I have to bc ... kids. I wouldn't care if I got bit by one (had a widow crawl across me shoulder one night when I was half asleep, just brushed it away and went back to listening to youtube stories like whatever), but if one of my sister's kids got hurt bc of one I'd never be okay with that.

Omg black widows can get into your house :o 

That is really scary

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Minaj à Trois said:

Omg black widows can get into your house :o 

That is really scary

Yeah, I find them from time to time in my bathroom and in my bedroom. They usually just keep to themselves. 

On 1/12/2019 at 8:10 PM, Taylor Chen said:

I know spiders can look creepy especially when they are all bundled together but overall I dont get how people are deathly afraid of them. Its not just women and gay men either. A lot of straight men are also scared of spiders. My straight best friend never comes to my room because I have a pet rose haired tarantula. Chris Evans who plays Captain America says he cries when he sees spiders. I was at the gym a few weeks ago and a big spider was in the mens locker room and CHILEEE i have never seen a group of tough alpha males behave like gazelles being chased by a lion. Eventually some guy slammed it with his running shoes but still it was hysterical. Men act so masculine yet turn into Alyssia Edwards when they see a spider or rat.

Venomous spiders arent that common. Why are people afraid of them? My pet Tarantula is actually very cute. Yes he has 8 eyes but hes weirdly cute with his fuzzy self. He has no venom and is friendly.

I love you:rihgasp: