starlord

Create a Label: Rebirth

If you're all still unfamiliar with how we're handling promos this season, check out this thread:

(UGH IT WONT CENTER)

If you have any questions, tag me up in the Discussions thread. The spreadsheet is already open for comments. 

• Upvote 1

DwoByN_XcAAhtOF.jpg

Release date: January 11, 2019
Genre: new wave · synth pop
Length: 3:38
Writer: Gary Numan
Producers: Lady Gaga · Ariel Rechtshaid

“Metal” is a cover of the song of the same name by Gary Numan released by Lady Gaga on January 11. The singer-songwriter decided to release the cover as a thank you to everyone who has been supporting her throughout the A Star is Born film campaign, and as a way to softly anticipate her upcoming studio album, which is expected for a second semester release through her long-time recording label Interscope Records.

The track is a new wave and synth pop effort whose production derives from the original, Numan rendition. However, instruments sound more modern and contemporary, giving the cover a very current twist when compared to the track Gary Numan released forty years ago. The production on Gaga's cover was handled by the singer herself and Ariel Rechtshaid, a well-known musician on the alternative music realm.

“Metal” is the first song released by Lady Gaga since “Shallow”, which is taken from the A Star is Born movie soundtrack and reached the top 5 on Billboard Hot 100 back in early October, as well as her first commercially released cover since “Your Song” by Elton John.

The song is now available for streaming through Vox and other streaming services and purchase on all digital platforms.

Lyrics

Spoiler

[Verse 1]
We're in the building where they make us grow
And I'm frightened by the liquid engineers
Like you
My Mallory heart is sure to fail
I could crawl around the floor just like I'm real
Like you

[Verse 2]
The sound of metal
I want to be you
I should learn to be a man
Like you
Plug me in, and turn me on
Oh, everything is moving

[Verse 3]
I need my treatment, it's tomorrow
They send me singing, "I am an American"
Do you?
Picture this, if I could make the change
I'd love to pull the wires from the wall
Did you?

[Verse 4]
And who are you?
And how could I try?
Here inside, I like metal
Did you?
And who are you?
And how could I try?
Here inside, I like metal
Don't you?
All I know
Is no one dies
I'm still confusing love with need

Audio

Spoiler

• Upvote 5

going to give the gays the Witness era we DESERVED :katysing:

also legends, ill set everything up (promos and shit) when i get back from work! IM SO EXCITED, WHICH EVER LEGEND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO BRING THIS BACK IS AN INTELLECTUAL AND DESERVES A PROMOTION :xcxtits:

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

I already have an existing fantasy artist career on Twitter! (check @JuanoOfficial) Is it okay if I start from there? I already have an upcoming release planned! Please let me know what modifications I have to make to my career so I can be able to play on CAL. <3

• Upvote 2