COP 2nd Annual Grammy Awards Read more... ×
CREATE A LABEL IS BACK! Read more... ×

Minaj à Trois

Why Are #1s So Elusive To Mariah Carey These Days?

I think it's a challenge for alot of veterans in the game Mariah, Janet, even Beyoncé hasn't had a solo #1 in a decade but I think it means less to them when you consider all that they've achieved and their strong legacy in music and entertainment.

As long as the tours are selling and they're delivering a solid body of work then it's kinda irrelevant. They're still legends even if it never happens again.

• Upvote 2

Mariah is over commercially and has been since 2008, apart from her Christmas stuff.  Since Touch My Body people just seem to have no interest in her new music. In 2013 she had a chance to come back with B and the American Idol but it became all about her fight with Nicki and the music was forgotten about. Then she hurt her arm.  By the time the album actually came out, no one cared. Lambs should just enjoy the music and stop worrying about charts at this point. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, King or Queen said:

Mariah is over commercially and has been since 2008, apart from her Christmas stuff.  Since Touch My Body people just seem to have no interest in her new music. In 2013 she had a chance to come back with B and the American Idol but it became all about her fight with Nicki and the music was forgotten about. Then she hurt her arm.  By the time the album actually came out, no one cared. Lambs should just enjoy the music and stop worrying about charts at this point. 

The same is for Zayn's stans :jan1:

A lot of things come to mind but probably ageism, even if accidental :wendyw: The only reason for singers like Mariah, Madonna, Britney and Christina to have less success is because of their age, that's the only variable that's changed equally for all of them if you think about it :wendyw: They've constantly put out music and worked with the best people in the industry but as the new generation listens to new pop girls they start to fade away. It's nothing specific to Mariah, it happens to evert ageing singer. Which is a shame really, I would live for any of those ladies getting another #1 :tellem2: 

And on the shady side, last time I checked only 2 out of the 9 artists on your stan badges have #1's so if you were trying to be shady you need to try again :rihwink: 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, King or Queen said:

But you’re the one constantly bringing up Mariah’s charts