R U READY? COP Phase 2.0 IS COMING... Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous Woman

Is “blackfishing” really an issue?

I mean, is blackfishing really an issue? I don’t get why white people who wanna “look black” (basically have a tan) is somehow “racist” or “white supremacists” like some people call them. Is it not more of a compliment than anything if they want to go to the point of “blackfishing” to look black? How is it racist?

Is “slutshaming” really an issue?

I mean, is slutshaming really an issue? I don’t get why people who wanna brag about being slutty” (basically ) is somehow “slutty” or “promiscuous” like some people call them. Is it not more of a compliment than anything if they want to go to the point of “showing off their slutiness” to feel desired? How is it sexist?

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, MSL said:

I mean, is slutshaming really an issue? I don’t get why people who wanna brag about being slutty” (basically ) is somehow “slutty” or “promiscuous” like some people call them. Is it not more of a compliment than anything if they want to go to the point of “showing off their slutiness” to feel desired? How is it sexist?

How is shaming someone for something in any way similar to having a tan/“trying to look black”?

3 minutes ago, Dangerous Woman said:

How is shaming someone for something in any way similar to having a tan/“trying to look black”?

Because sluts make people whose partners they cheat with feel trauma like white people blackfishing make black people feel trauma about the way white people can wear their oppressed obstacle (black skin) as a costume to romanticize their identity.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, MSL said:

Because sluts make people whose partners they cheat with feel trauma like white people blackfishing make black people feel trauma about the way white people can wear their oppressed obstacle (black skin) as a costume to romanticize their identity.

Not all sluts cheat on/with someone :kelly: Really stupid comparison 

6 minutes ago, Dangerous Woman said:

Not all sluts cheat on/with someone :kelly: Really stupid comparison 

I know a certain COPer who said she prefers married men :kelly:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MSL said:

I love you sometimes ❤️

15 minutes ago, Ronald McJackson said:

Tanned skin is desirable in our culture, hence the lengths many light skinned people go to achieve one.

I have literally only ever seen the term in @Ghostface Killer‘s troll thread so I don’t really think this is much of an issue 

Black fishing it utterly disgusting and anyone who supports it is a white supremacist 

• Upvote 2

Darkening your skin in the attempt to deceive others and infiltrate someone else's community is a problem. 

Lightening and bleaching your skin to appear white is a problem.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Dangerous Woman said:

Can someone answer WHY though?

Because wearing someone else's culture as a costume at your convenience is disrespectful and offensive.

I'll give you an example Rachel Dolezal who did tan her skin, change her hair and pretended to be a black woman for 15+ years. Working in historically black schools, adopting black children and even worked for the NAACP. No one questioned her because there is no one version of blackness and people assumed she was a fair skinned black woman but she's white. Even her parents called her out for her lies and deception. Not only is what she did horrible but by pretending to be someone else she took opportunities and experiences from actual black people.

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, Gratitude said:

Honestly it's a new one for me..they will find anything to complain about.

Micheal Jackson never got this much hate when he legit turned himself white

Michael Jackson had vitiligo - a skin disease that turned himself white. He bleached his skin so it would match and he wouldn’t have random white patches :whereisit:

• Upvote 5