Swagga

Abortion: in favour or against?

?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. .

I'm pro-choice. 

My argument: Sometimes abortion has to take place in order to save the life of the mother for medical reasons. There are also some cases (like rape) where it is just illogical to stay pregnant and have a baby you didn't even consent to have in the first place. 

• Upvote 5

I think Frank Ocean said it best in the first verse of We All Try.

"I believe a woman's temple
Gives her the right to choose but baby, don't abort"

Let women make the decisions about their bodies and reproductive choices. 

I think women should get a choice in what happens to their bodies... however, 

I think there needs to be a limit. For example, my good friend from Ireland was telling me that women want to get an abortion 7-9 months into their pregnancy. That I think is wrong because the baby is almost fully developed by that point in time. I they don't want the baby then they could always put it up for adoption. I'd limit it to 6 months. I just think full abortions could get messy, so limit it and it becomes fairer

• Upvote 2

I don't think gay men even need to discuss or have strong opinions on a topic that doesn't concern them.

I'm obviously pro-choice, like any decent human being would be. You don't have the right to tell a woman (or anyone else, but it doesn't apply here) what they should do with their body.

• Upvote 7
  • Give a Cookie 1

3 minutes ago, Homojénik said:

Pro-choice. But abortion shouldn't be the only tool for birth control. 

I agree, and most places that have legalised abortion are still very strict about it. Pro-lifers struggle to understand that abortions are going to happen either way, but legalising them means there’s less of a risk for the women involved since they can go to a real doctor and receive safe treatments. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dangerous Woman said:

I don't think gay men even need to discuss or have strong opinions on a topic that doesn't concern them.

I'm obviously pro-choice, like any decent human being would be. You don't have the right to tell a woman (or anyone else, but it doesn't apply here) what they should do with their body.

We do tho, that’s almost the same as saying straight women shouldn’t care about gay rights. It’s not that we’re fighting the fight for you, it just means you have the support of other communities, which is a must for any type of social/human rights movement. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, KarenFromFinance said:

We do tho, that’s almost the same as saying straight women shouldn’t care about gay rights. It’s not that we’re fighting the fight for you, it just means you have the support of other communities, which is a must for any type of social/human rights movement. 

Well, I don't disagree with that, we want the support from other communities. What I really meant is, why are (some) gay men so strongly against abortion? Like it literally doesn't concern you, don't get involved with your bullshit.

10 minutes ago, Dangerous Woman said:

Well, I don't disagree with that, we want the support from other communities. What I really meant is, why are (some) gay men so strongly against abortion? Like it literally doesn't concern you, don't get involved with your bullshit.

I see your point, but I think that issue is not even just about gay men, but just men in general that feel like they have the right to dictate what women do with their bodies :wendyw: 

25 minutes ago, Dangerous Woman said:

Honestly anyone can have an opinion on anything. It is just that you need to be well-informed about what that opinion suggests because you literally are affecting other people lives.  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Craig said:

I think women should get a choice in what happens to their bodies... however, 

I think there needs to be a limit. For example, my good friend from Ireland was telling me that women want to get an abortion 7-9 months into their pregnancy. That I think is wrong because the baby is almost fully developed by that point in time. I they don't want the baby then they could always put it up for adoption. I'd limit it to 6 months. I just think full abortions could get messy, so limit it and it becomes fairer

Abortion in Ireland will only be legal up to 12 weeks of pregnancy or in extremes cases where the mother’s life is in danger or in case of stillborns. I live in Ireland and I’ve never heard anyone say they want to get an abortion from 6-9 months, the only people I heard saying that were the pro-lifers trying to create sensationalist headlines to damage the pro-choice campaign :gemma:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PiersMorganStan said:

The COPers love baby murdering 

so if a woman got raped and the rape resulted in an unwanted pregnancy, should the woman keep the baby? 

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, PiersMorganStan said:

The COPers love baby murdering 

Y'all need to worry about the kids getting shot and gunned down in schools if you really care about life, and not just controlling women’s freedom. 

• Upvote 5