The Return of CAL Read more... ×

Craig

Beyoncé EXPOSED: Using Poor Sri-Lanka Women On Low Pay To Make Her Ivy Park Line

Beyoncé, the idol of bourgeois liberal feminists, pays 64 cents/hour to female workers who make clothes of her brand #IvyPark in sweatshops in Sri Lanka while preaching female empowerment.

Source: Demonio Blanco

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/how-beyonces-ivy-park-lab_b_10143234?guccounter=1

FB-IMG-1543140924659.jpg

Now, the article is old but it's now going viral on Facebook. 

It's absolutely disgusting, but we been knew she's a fake. So much for female empowerment. How can you stan her? Just because she has good vocals? She's so overrated it's crazy

:iamdisgusted: :godisdisgusted: :nickidisgusted:

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, Diaboliq said:

@HOLIDAYONCÉ why did you downvote the OP?

Did he lie? 

Yes he did. If I had the energy or interest I would go to the original forum this post was taken from and pull all the receipts disputing this information.

I know that attack first, think second is a common theme on this forum but theres no harm in using logic and common sense.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, HOLIDAYONCÉ said:

Yes he did. If I had the energy or interest I would go to the original forum this post was taken from and pull all the receipts disputing this information.

I know that attack first, think second is a common theme on this forum but theres no harm in using logic and common sense.

Are the authors of this article lying too? I saw this on Facebook since it's going viral. I don't think I am lying, it is something that Bey would do

I want to see the reciepts cause right now you're pulling a Nicki Minaj and saying people are lying without any facts, and I'm the only one with receipts 

This article is from 2016. The response from Ivy Park is also addressed in 2016.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/beyonces-ivy-park-sportswear-line-denies-claims-its-clothes-were-produced-by-sweatshop-workers-a7035926.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/beyonces-ivy-park-clothing-line-denies-sweatshop-allegations/

E598EED6-D55F-4F1B-9F91-94B694ED3765.thumb.jpeg.a6c4d947970dcc87a8f411bec2879839.jpeg

I would also encourage you to be mindful of selective outrage. If you wear H&M, Zara, Old Navy, TopShop and many other brands who outsource outside the US to make clothes then your judgment is either misplaced or biased.

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, HOLIDAYONCÉ said:

This article is from 2016. The response from Ivy Park is also addressed in 2016.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/beyonces-ivy-park-sportswear-line-denies-claims-its-clothes-were-produced-by-sweatshop-workers-a7035926.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/beyonces-ivy-park-clothing-line-denies-sweatshop-allegations/

E598EED6-D55F-4F1B-9F91-94B694ED3765.thumb.jpeg.a6c4d947970dcc87a8f411bec2879839.jpeg

I would also encourage you to be mindful of selective outrage. If you wear H&M, Zara, Old Navy, TopShop and many other brands who outsource outside the US to make clothes then your judgement is either misplaced or biased.

The article was written in 2016, but revised in 2017. I just think with all the money and power Beyoncé has, even if she pushed it up to a dollar to a dollar and ten cents it would be better. Why doesn't she give more than that? Be the 'Robin Hood' in the situation and give more. Yes it may be double, but money goes a long way and in these poor countries, they need more of it. She could literally help families and more families 

So I've done my calculation. Considering they work 8 hours and 5 days a week. They make around 690 Sri Lankan Rupee WEEKLY. It is more than enough to survive there, considering the average house rent is about 600 - 800 Sri Lankan Rupees per MONTH. 

You really tried it sissie. Great effort, I'll give you an A-

:whereisit:

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Homojénik said:

So I've done my calculation. Considering they work 8 hours and 5 days a week. They make around 690 Sri Lankan Rupee WEEKLY. It is more than enough to survive there, considering the average house rent is about 600 - 800 Sri Lankan Rupees per MONTH. 

You really tried it sissie. Great effort, I'll give you an A-

:whereisit:

I mean, it is going viral on Facebook :whereisit:  I had to share it with y'all cause I hadn't seen the article before

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

I mean, it is going viral on Facebook :whereisit:  I had to share it with y'all cause I hadn't seen the article before

I don't mind you sharing it. But I'd have prefered you to at least have a tiny knowledge about the country before commenting: "How can you stan her?" in the OP. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/25/2018 at 8:09 AM, Craig said:

I just think with all the money and power Beyoncé has

You don't get to dictate how she moves her money to meet your approval.

99499231-F29A-4472-B256-A67AC86D8FED.thumb.jpeg.23e73663ea68e45f6705b6ab6833cdef.jpeg

BA491217-F2EE-440D-9E8D-70651A90911B.thumb.jpeg.8c696b2cc915482c1fe38f443745944a.jpeg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2016/05/17/why-its-a-smear-to-say-beyonce-is-running-sweatshops/amp/

Beyoncé also has her BeyGood organization that helps marginalized communities. She's a partner with Global Citizen and is performing in a charity concert in South Africa.

What charitable contributions have you made that we can critique and analyze?

• Love 1