The Return of CAL Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
kipperskipper

Should Mariah Carey work with Ariana Grande's songwriters?

So Caution just came out (in case you forgot) and has 0 hits ( no surprise). Mariah has yet to have a hit in how many years ( #Beautiful went #15 but doesnt count cuz no one outside Mariah stans even know how that song goes). :shrug: Anyways, Mariah is in desperate need of a successful hit because as of now she is just a passing memory (yes she has 18 #1 singles but some people don't always want to listen to throwback 90's-2000's music). I think the simple solution to all of this is for Mariah to work with Ariana Grande's song writers. We all know Ariana doesn't write her music (GIAW is a Camilla reject), so Mariah should hire these writers because any Ariana song could be sung by Mariah and there wouldn't be much of a difference. It's not like Ariana songs have depth and they are all so generic they can be sung by anyone (once again GIAW is a Camila reject) :shrug: Mariah could easily get away with singing these songs and they could be hits. Also, if she hires Ariana's song writers then she could get dibs on all the good songs and then they could send all the rejects to Ari ( Ari is used to getting rejected songs sent to her). I mean Ariana is a second rate Mariah afterall so no one would really notice. It's a win win for everyone :) 

55 minutes ago, kipperskipper said:

20 years ago but the times have changed :( 

2008 is not 20 years ago.

If you haven't noticed, Ariana's 'Thank You Next' is very much influenced by Mariah's 'GTFO'. Having ONE #1 doesn't make you the safest hit maker. Jessie J had a #1 wiht Price Tag and where is she now. On the same topic, when was Lana's last 'HIT'? Summertime Sadness Remix? She should go back to that DJ who did the remix and have him write and compose all her music then

• Upvote 1

Tbh nothing can revive her career at this point. Even if Mozart rose from the dead and wrote with her shed still flop, mainly because she lost the GPs respect with subpar performances throughout this decade and Eminem ending her in 2009. There’s no demand for this hasbeen apart from a cute christmas bop (that will overshadow her name and discography down the line) ! 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Mocha said:

Tbh nothing can revive her career at this point. Even if Mozart rose from the dead and wrote with her shed still flop, mainly because she lost the GPs respect with subpar performances throughout this decade and Eminem ending her in 2009. There’s no demand for this hasbeen apart from a cute christmas bop (that will overshadow her name and discography down the line) ! 

wait a few years until life gets even harder for your faves and they have their subpar performances and breakdown. That won't be pretty cuz they have no talent and intense passion for music to fall back on. 

7 minutes ago, MSL said:

wait a few years until life gets even harder for your faves and they have their subpar performances and breakdown. That won't be pretty cuz they have no talent and intense passion for music to fall back on. 

Every artist's career dies down eventually but most have enough respect for themselves to stop releasing mediocre albums or embarass themselves on national tv with their fried vocals

ozLsWuG.gif 

6 minutes ago, Swagga said:

The pressed have finally arrived I see.

ezgif-3-9bb966146f27.thumb.gif.77595391c

@ me next time sis

ozLsWuG.gif 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mocha said:

Every artist's career dies down eventually but most have enough respect for themselves to stop releasing mediocre albums or embarass themselves on national tv with their fried vocals

ozLsWuG.gif 

@ me next time sis

ozLsWuG.gif 

Mediocre is subjective and I don't value ur opinion since u stan an unoriginal copycat who accepts any Camila leftover. Caution is great and all the critics agree.

"fried vocals on national tv" lmao, she has very clean vocal moments in even her worst performance when she's sick. You're over there stanning Rihanna who sounds so out of breath and tense at the Grammy. 

27 minutes ago, MSL said:

2008 is not 20 years ago.

If you haven't noticed, Ariana's 'Thank You Next' is very much influenced by Mariah's 'GTFO'. Having ONE #1 doesn't make you the safest hit maker. Jessie J had a #1 wiht Price Tag and where is she now. On the same topic, when was Lana's last 'HIT'? Summertime Sadness Remix? She should go back to that DJ who did the remix and have him write and compose all her music then

Ariana's music is influenced by everyone and everything cuz it's trendy pop music that is written for any artist (we all know ari doesnt write her music and has songs sent to her). And ari is kinda the safest hit maker. At this point she is the most consistent pop girl out there. But all im saying is that what if those songs were sent to Mariah instead. She would have so many more hits in this present day and no one would have to talk about how she is a distant memory. 

also lana doesn't make music for the radio or for "hits". she hasnt been on american tv since 2012, doesnt do heavy promo (like mariah), and in fact she was really upset the dj remixed her song. 

9 minutes ago, Mocha said:

ozLsWuG.gif 

@ me next time sis

ozLsWuG.gif 

Mediocre? It literally has a score of 85 on metacritic and is more critically acclaimed than any Ariana album to be released, but go off :britgurlbye:

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Elusive Loverboy said:

Mediocre? It literally has a score of 85 on metacritic and is more critically acclaimed than any Ariana album to be released, but go off :britgurlbye:

Those 7 critics surely went off :coma3: Some terrible albums have good metacritic scores and vice versa :coma3: 

I'ill give you The Distance and Giving Me Life  but the rest.. :whereisit:

6 minutes ago, kipperskipper said:

Ariana's music is influenced by everyone and everything cuz it's trendy pop music that is written for any artist (we all know ari doesnt write her music and has songs sent to her). And ari is kinda the safest hit maker. At this point she is the most consistent pop girl out there. But all im saying is that what if those songs were sent to Mariah instead. She would have so many more hits in this present day and no one would have to talk about how she is a distant memory. 

also lana doesn't make music for the radio or for "hits". she hasnt been on american tv since 2012, doesnt do heavy promo (like mariah), and in fact she was really upset the dj remixed her song. 

Mariah has always said songwriting is more important than singing to her. It's her outlet. Heavy promo, HEAVY, u act like its a chore. Lana can barely speak,  Mariah enjoys speaking with passionate people. 

Mariah's always been RnB since 1995, why would she copy that pop culture vulture? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mocha said:

Those 7 critics surely went off :coma3: Some terrible albums have good metacritic scores and vice versa :coma3: 

I'ill give you The Distance and Giving Me Life  but the rest.. :whereisit:

Not you implying that Caution is mediocre when your fave's last album literally consists of 90% dated Pharell produced mierda and some Max Martin rihjects from the DW sessions... :whereisit:

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, MSL said:

Mediocre is subjective and I don't value ur opinion since u stan an unoriginal copycat who accepts any Camila leftover. Caution is great and all the critics agree.

"fried vocals on national tv" lmao, she has very clean vocal moments in even her worst performance when she's sick. You're over there stanning Rihanna who sounds so out of breath and tense at the Grammy. 

What Camila leftovers are you talking about? GIAW? It was a demo that got sent to many artists but Ariana ended up getting it because she's top priority :gaycat4:

Also I'm sure many artists wouldn't have a problem writing their own songs if they all sounded the same, much like 90% of Mariah's discography :gaycat4:

And girl don't even try to come for Rihanna. She's already surpassed your over fave in less years and half the effort :deadbanana: 

5 minutes ago, Swagga said:

Not you implying that Caution is mediocre when your fave's last album literally consists of 90% dated Pharell produced mierda and some Max Martin left-outs from the DW sessions... :whereisit:

Still outsold Mariah's latest flop.  I mean even Xtinct's Liberation did but still :whereisit: The GP clearly disagrees :whereisit:

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Mocha said:

And girl don't even try to come for Rihanna. She's already surpassed your over fave in less years and half the effort :deadbanana: 

with "half the effort"? of course, Rihanna doesn't write, can barely sing without autotune, has a manufactured image. Surpassed? No, Rihanna can't sell albums and she has only 14 #1s

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mocha said:

Still outsold Mariah's latest flop.  I mean even Xtinct's Liberation did but still :whereisit: The GP clearly disagrees :whereisit:

Ariana is only in her 4th era. Ofc she'd outsell Mariah's 15th album (who btw is 30 years in her career). Don't play dumb. :whereisit:

And it took Ariana 6 years to get her first #1, let's not. 

wbk GP's taste is trash. Just take a look at the Hot 100. :whereisit:

5 minutes ago, MSL said:

with "half the effort"? of course, Rihanna doesn't write, can barely sing without autotune, has a manufactured image. Surpassed? No, Rihanna can't sell albums and she has only 14 #1s

Nobody sells albums nowadays unless you're Adele. Get with the times sis :rly: And Rih doesn't have to rely on a CEO husband to promote and payola her singles so they could reach #1, it happens organically :rly: Also not you calling Rih "manufactured"  when the lambs always complain about how Mariah had no control over her image or how she dresses during the first half of her career :deadbanana:

4 minutes ago, Swagga said:

Ariana is only in her 4th era. Ofc she'd outsell Mariah's 15th album (who btw is 30 years in her career). Don't play dumb. :whereisit:

And it took Ariana 6 years to get her first #1, let's not. 

wbk GP's taste is trash. Just take a look at the Hot 100. :whereisit:

If the album was any good it would still sell well. Cher and Madonna were still successful in their 50's :whereisit:

Ariana doesn't have to rely on #1 to find success, she's paving her own path 

• Love 1