Sign in to follow this  
Elusive Loverboy

Why are artists these days so mediocre?

What do they bring that is new to the table? Nothing. There are no vocalists like Whitney and Mariah. No creative innovators like Madonna. No amazing entertainers like Janet.

A large majority of the pop artists who have debuted in the past decade have all been bland and mediocre. What is there to even stan?

Tea, copycats are not exciting when you already know the original. I mean maybe it's interesting to 12-years-old or shallow people but nah. We can do better than ...

• Upvote 2

A lot of artists these days lack originality, they just follow whatever music trend is popping right now.

besides that, the non-mainstream artists are hard to click to as well. you would usually find some decent/good ones that do electronic (based on my experience)

33 minutes ago, Craig said:

The real tea is that there hasn't been anyone interesting since Gaga... and now she's wowing people with her acting and her vocals 

When will you realize Gaga is OVER? People don’t care about her or her music on particular, they like the movie and thw songs they heard in the movie, big fucking deal :kelly: None of them will be there for Gaga when she releases new music 

Guest eevee

no shade but ofc you would say that when ur only listening to abyssal pop girls, only people who are too lazy to get out of their pop culture confort zone say this, statements like this annoy me, it just shows the lack of open mindedness people have, there's always been good and mediocre artists, theres lot of good stuff out there, you just need to learn how to find it,, pop music has never been so uninteresting and safe, theres so many good sources for finding good music on youtube or soundcloud.

2 hours ago, Dangerous Woman said:

When will you realize Gaga is OVER? People don’t care about her or her music on particular, they like the movie and thw songs they heard in the movie, big fucking deal :kelly: None of them will be there for Gaga when she releases new music 

When will you realise that your comment is just as delulu as saying Ariana is over? Or that XXX is a legend? Or BTS are amazing? 

Lmfao get a grip and come back to earth :kelly:

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Craig said:

When will you realise that your comment is just as delulu as saying Ariana is over? Or that XXX is a legend? Or BTS are amazing? 

Lmfao get a grip and come back to earth :kelly:

It’s facts though, you’ll see when Gaga releases new music and she flops again :kelly: 

6 hours ago, eevee said:

no shade but ofc you would say that when ur only listening to abyssal pop girls, only people who are too lazy to get out of their pop culture confort zone say this, statements like this annoy me, it just shows the lack of open mindedness people have, there's always been good and mediocre artists, theres lot of good stuff out there, you just need to learn how to find it,, pop music has never been so uninteresting and safe, theres so many good sources for finding good music on youtube or soundcloud.

What on earth is this bjork'd cacophony? :rip:

12 hours ago, eevee said:

I'm speaking specifically on pop music and pop artists, though. Of course I know there are interesting artists outside of pop.

Remember how obsessed everyone was over the Olsen twins even though there were so many more talented child actors? But it didn’t matter because America saw two cute blond haired blue eyed girls and let them be millionaires at the age of six. 

The same logic applies here. If you’re a greedy capitalist, what’s easier for you? Finding someone who’s legitimately talented and investing the time and money to create something truly iconic?

Or find a pretty white/light skinned girl and have her lip sync to a generic song that took three seconds to make, have her sway back and forth on stage and call it “dancing” and rake in millions because talent doesn’t matter if people are willing to spend money on someone just because they’re conventionally attractive? 

Let’s be real, even if you find a particular artist ugly, 99% of the time they fall into some category of mainstream beauty. Look at Instagram for example. How many people have millions of followers and all they do is post the same bikini pic 300 times? Look, a hustle is a hustle and I respect that. My point is that capitalism incentivized optics over talent and unless we stop buying into it/overthrow the bourgeoisie, this is just gonna be Hollywood now. (Although I’d argue that Hollywood was always like this and that all of those musical gems were exceptions). 

That’s the real tea ️