The Return of CAL Read more... ×

Pixelated Kunt

Tinashe left RCA | UPDATE: It's now confirmed

I gotten tea from a friend of mine that is close with Tinashe and gave me a lot of stuff.

the label wanted Tinashe to sign some paperwork this week so she can no longer be part of the label 

im sure a lot of people know this but, she unfollowed RCA after posting this and they also unfollowed her

• Upvote 5

Hopefully she can join a label that supports and understands her artistic vision or just stay independent. 

I'm sure it was her and RCAs doing but I felt she was exploring too many sounds and I feel like her fanbase can never be sure what sound they're getting from her. 

But I hope everything works out for her.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, HOLIDAYONCÉ said:

Hopefully she can join a label that supports and understands her artistic vision or just stay independent. 

I'm sure it was her and RCAs doing but I felt she was exploring too many sounds and I feel like her fanbase can never be sure what sound they're getting from her. 

But I hope everything works out for her.

I think the wisest decision she should do is get a distribution deal to support her budgets instead of signing a full contract

and I agree on the sounds part, as someone who stanned her since her first mixtape, her artistic direction has been confusing after she made her debut with 2 On although Nightride and Aquarius were amazing projects (the singles were not the tea)

hopefully her future music will help her bring back the core audience, she definitely has the package to be a successful R&B artist

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, AngryAzalean said:

maybe Tinashe could follow Iggy's path and go indie

Ummmmm we don't even know if that path is going to be a successful one her yet (for either of them). Do people still have an interest in her considering her recent sales and current tour status?

:flopbitch:

16 minutes ago, HOLIDAYONCÉ said:

Ummmmm we don't even know if that path is going to be a successful one her yet (for either of them). Do people still have an interest in her considering her recent sales and current tour status?

:flopbitch:

Successful in what way? If you think anyone can chart when there not on a label then you can kiss that good bye. Iggy still has a core fanbase, she has there interest, she doesn't need anyone else's.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, AngryAzalean said:

Successful in what way? If you think anyone can chart when there not on a label then you can kiss that good bye. Iggy still has a core fanbase, she has there interest, she doesn't need anyone else's.

Some independent artist can chart like Chance the Rapper in one of his many collabs or Young MA :lush: did with Ooouuu.

I'm just curious to know if her fans will increase, support and buy under an independent status. I don't know many artists who are successful without commercial backing, sponsors, endorsements, etc. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Ahmed said:

I've been waiting for this moment since forever tbh.  Time for her to find a better label. 

I think she's better off without a label. She seems to have bad luck with them (especially Iggy)

Going back to independent seems like a better choice for her

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pixelated Kunt said:

I think she's better off without a label. She seems to have bad luck with them (especially Iggy)

Going back to independent seems like a better choice for her

I'm for it tbh. :rihyas:
She was still great when she was releasing mixtapes independently and releasing videos to her YT channel back in the day. She had more freedom that way. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HOLIDAYONCÉ said:

Some independent artist can chart like Chance the Rapper in one of his many collabs or Young MA :lush: did with Ooouuu.

I'm just curious to know if her fans will increase, support and buy under an independent status. I don't know many artists who are successful without commercial backing, sponsors, endorsements, etc. 

Success doesn't mean charting tho, you don't make much money out of having a hit nowadays because of streaming. It's all in touring, merchandise/other product endorsements and appearances. That's how Iggy makes her money. How Tinashe does is probably different, I know she did a make-up thing at some point so probably that, but who knows maybe you can chart with just a distribution deal and some promo w/o a label, the industry is changing so that'll probably happen a lot more now.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Livelikemusic said:

GOOD! Now, sign a distribution deal and stay independent! And give us a 2019 album!

I'm here for either of those.

She should take the same route as kehlani, she has her own label signed under atlantic so it could be beneficial to her

• Upvote 1