BangerzGrande

Imagine if Bad Romance was a Rihanna song...

what if back in 2009, it was Rihanna and not Gaga dropping Bad Romance with that avant garde video!!!?

Would it have flopped ?

Would it have been bigger than Gaga's version

Would it have been equally successful ?

Would it be critically acclaimed ?

Let the mess begin...

Image associée

5 minutes ago, Homojénik said:

It would definitely be more successful and more impactful. DOGga was never at RihGOD's level. 

But at the same time, Rihanna was on a decline in 2009. She was in the Rated R era which was critically acclaimed but a commercial underperfomance for her standards. The era wasn't doing well until Rude Boy was made a single in 2010

I honestly can’t imagine anyone but Gaga pulling it off and slaying it like she did :arisass:

And Gaga was THE most talked about girl back then I doubt Rihanna could’ve gotten more success with it if she had released it :gaycattail:

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Oh My Gaga said:

I honestly can’t imagine anyone but Gaga pulling it off and slaying it like she did :arisass:

And Gaga was THE most talked about girl back then I doubt Rihanna could’ve gotten more success with it if she had released it :gaycattail:

True but Rihanna being the hitmaker she is, it's possible that she would slayed the charts with it with promo and stuff.

Ew let's not :kelly:  

Rihanna is good in her lane but not in Gaga's the song would have flopped... 

I mean, we are talking generic vs. something fresh, different and thought provoking... Rihanna wouldn't have been able to pull off a daring song like this at that time 

4 minutes ago, Craig said:

I mean, we are talking generic vs. something fresh, different and thought provoking... Rihanna wouldn't have been able to pull off a daring song like this at that time 

i don't think the song would have flopped but it wouldn't have been better than Gaga's imo

30 minutes ago, BangerzGrande said:

True but Rihanna being the hitmaker she is, it's possible that she would slayed the charts with it with promo and stuff.

Let's face it; even if another artist had Bad Romance it would still have been cockblocked from No.1 by Tik-Tok :shrug: So the highest position would be #2 which is exactly what Gaga got.... but I think if Rihanna released it, it may have not gotten top 10

12 minutes ago, Craig said:

Let's face it; even if another artist had Bad Romance it would still have been cockblocked from No.1 by Tik-Tok :shrug: So the highest position would be #2 which is exactly what Gaga got.... but I think if Rihanna released it, it may have not gotten top 10

ok maybe

Guest eevee
3 hours ago, Craig said:

how is gaga's tfm any fresh or different lmao? monsters really need to shut up 

it's basic dance pop