Sign in to follow this  
ACT2

Forbes: Gaga is revitalizing CD sales

According to Billboard, four hit Universal Music Group (UMG) titles (Eminem's Kamikaze, Lil Wayne's Tha Carter V, Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper's A Star Is Born soundtrack and Greta Van Fleet's Anthem of the Peaceful Army) have surprised everyone when the CD versions of those titles quickly sold out. In some cases, the CD versions of the titles weren't even in stores on their release dates.

The reason for that happening is a combination of factors ranging from the happy accident of unexpectedly hot titles coupled with a demand for their physical product versions, but also CD production problems as well. This was due to the fact that all major labels have divested their CD manufacturing and the companies that bought those factories have moved them to Mexico. That in itself is not a problem, but one of the factories is still in transition from the move, leading to an unexpected decrease in output.

Although CD sales are far from what they once were, there's still a healthy demand for what has now become a premium priced product with a large profit margin. According to Billboard, the A Star Is Born soundtrack moved 111,000 CD albums, while Eminem's Kamikaze sold 68,000, and Greta Van Fleet's Anthem Of the Peaceful Army sold 47,000 so far.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbyowsinski/2018/11/10/cds-dying-wrong/#28eb6b297dca

Yaaas Gaga :fall2:

6 minutes ago, Starboy said:

I don't think this is gonna be a trend though. I still see CD sales further declining.

came here to say this.

Gaga, Wayne and a few others made their debut where only CD sales mattered so they still have fans that will still most likely buy their products instead of streaming 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Pixelated Kunt said:

came here to say this.

Gaga, Wayne and a few others made their debut where only CD sales mattered so they still have fans that will still most likely buy their products instead of streaming 

49 minutes ago, Starboy said:

I don't think this is gonna be a trend though. I still see CD sales further declining.

I agree with this, it's funny to see Vinyl and Casette sales rise but CD's decline, I think they will come back tho when people want nostalgia :gemma:...hopefully

• Upvote 2