Dangerous Woman

Is Ariana the biggest pop girl right now?

The only right answer is yes tbh, the only competition she has is Taylor and she keeps decling while Ariana is just getting bigger. Ariana is overall more relevant and bigger right now, despite Taylor outselling her (obviously). Taylor is kinda like Adele, only relevant for a couple of weeks when her album is released, but people don’t care about her the rest of the year. Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Elusive Loverboy said:

Yeah, since Rihanna became an Avon lady. But if Rihanna makes a comeback any time soon, we better all hide our faves

:somepoints:

Rihanna kinda flopped with Anti and is more known for her fashion and makeup now tbh :somepoints:

• Upvote 1

Objectively speaking, Cardi is bigger. 

29 minutes ago, Dangerous Woman said:

The only right answer is yes tbh, the only competition she has is Taylor and she keeps decling while Ariana is just getting bigger. Ariana is overall more relevant and bigger right now, despite Taylor outselling her (obviously). Taylor is kinda like Adele, only relevant for a couple of weeks when her album is released, but people don’t care about her the rest of the year. Thoughts?

Lmao is that why Everyday was flopping barely a few months after DW was released sksksksk Taylor's 'Delicate' had impressive longevity. And Ariana is obviously releasing a new album because Sweetener is full of fillers and she'd be forgotten by the time she'd release a new album if she took 2 years to do it. Breathing might be a moderate hit rn but its only a cute song for a few weeks. The rest of Sweetener is trash.

5 minutes ago, MSL said:

Objectively speaking, Cardi is bigger. 

Lmao is that why Everyday was flopping barely a few months after DW was released sksksksk Taylor's 'Delicate' had impressive longevity. 

I wouldn’t call Cardi a pop girl but I guess you’re right considering she releases more pop music than actual rap :kelly: 

Not really, Gaga has been out here slaying with Shallow and ASIB soundtrack. The album was 3 weeks at number one and I'm sure outsold Sweetener. I'll Never Love Again has been covered by lots and lots of singers, most recently on UK XFactor where Simon Cowell said it was his favourite song of all time from the best movie of all time... the list goes on. Not out fault the radios don't like Gaga and refuse to spin her songs

Love Ariana, but Sweetener wasn't the tea. Half of the album was good, Breathin', God Is a Woman, and No Tears were literally the only true bops. Thank u, next wasn't great sonically but had a great message and gave Ari her FIRST number one. With all that said, Ariana isn't the biggest popgirl, but rather Gaga as of present.

Thank u, next

:oprah:

• LOL 3

9 minutes ago, Craig said:

Not really, Gaga has been out here slaying with Shallow and ASIB soundtrack. The album was 3 weeks at number one and I'm sure outsold Sweetener. I'll Never Love Again has been covered by lots and lots of singers, most recently on UK XFactor where Simon Cowell said it was his favourite song of all time from the best movie of all time... the list goes on. Not out fault the radios don't like Gaga and refuse to spin her songs

Love Ariana, but Sweetener wasn't the tea. Half of the album was good, Breathin', God Is a Woman, and No Tears were literally the only true bops. Thank u, next wasn't great sonically but had a great message and gave Ari her FIRST number one. With all that said, Ariana isn't the biggest popgirl, but rather Gaga as of present.

Thank u, next

Omg stop trying to make Gaga happen in 2018. No one cares about her anymore, that soundtrack is simply doing well because, well.. the movie is. No one checks for Gaga’s music anymore and she’s one of the biggest fads ever.

• Upvote 1
  • LOL 1

20 minutes ago, Elusive Loverboy said:

She didn't flop. Anti did well and Work became a huge hit. Needed Me top 10.

But, yeah Ari is doing well. Good for her tbh.

LOTB also went top 10 and did amazing on radio and it went 3x platinum and  needed me went 5x (i think) and was huge on streaming

also Too Good and TIWYCF were during the Anti era which were huge

plus anti went 3x platinum which is pretty great for the stresming era

anti was far from a flop lmao

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, demimaniac said:

LOTB also went top 10 and did amazing on radio and it went 3x platinum and  needed me went 5x (i think) and was huge on streaming

also Too Good and TIWYCF were during the Anti era which were huge

plus anti went 3x platinum which is pretty great for the stresming era

anti was far from a flop lmao

True and LOTB didn't even have a music video

29 minutes ago, Craig said:

Thank u, next

lmao not gags stans trying to make her into something she’s not

yes, she’s having amazing success rn but she’s been flopping for 5 years sans million reasons (altho one could make a case for that flopping too) and suddenly when she co-stars in a movie with one of the biggest names in hollywood in a remake of a already popular film with fucking barbra streisand and gets a hit out of it she’s the biggest pop girl right now? there were several other names in the running for ASIB like beyonce and rihanna and I GUARANTEE that the movie would’ve smashed just as hard (if not even harder) with one of those ladies as they were actually relevant during the release

she is not bigger than ariana right now, you could make a case for her being in the top 3 pop girls arm tho

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dangerous Woman said:

Omg stop trying to make Gaga happen in 2018. No one cares about her anymore, that soundtrack is simply doing well because, well.. the movie is. No one checks for Gaga’s music anymore and she’s one of the biggest fads ever.

Lmao thanks for giving me a laugh before I sleep, the amount of inaccuracies in your post I - :nickicackle: