The Return of CAL Read more... ×

A Star Is Born

Is Gaga the most successful female pop star this decade?

The Fame + Monster - 15 million copies sold worldwide combined.
Born This Way over 10 million copies worldwide (third best selling album of that year)
ARTPOP 2.5 million (regarded as her first commercial failure, still outselling these girlies!)
Cheek To Cheek over 1 million copies sold. Pure Jazz cover album with old fart Tony Bennett.

Now, Gaga and Cooper''s version of A Star Is Born has become the HIGHEST GROSSING version of the film grossing OVER 100M and is getting A LOT of Oscar buzz.
As well as the lead single, Shallow charting at #1 and in the Top 10 + 20 in several countries.

UH-OH, BACK AGAIN.
SHE DID IT AGAIN, IMAGINE THEM, BOUT TO MAKE THESE BUM HAGS MADONNAGAIN!

Why is Gaga the most successful female pop star this decade? How come no one who debuted in the same time frame as Gaga surpassed her? How come she is still the girl to beat 10 years later?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

41 minutes ago, Elusive Loverboy said:

The Fame + The Fame Monster were released at the end of last decade though

:britholyshit:

K but if we take a decade as 10 years so from 2008-2018, then the OP remains the truth :whataboutit: 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Craig said:

K but if we take a decade as 10 years so from 2008-2018, then the OP remains the truth :whataboutit: 

If we do that then Taylor definitely outsold her with Fearless and the rest of her discography :gemma:

No hate, BTW is a masterpiece but fact wise, I think Taylor outsold her, I don’t have any data tho so I’m just assuming :gemma:

taylor is technically the most successful female pop star this decade

but gaga has left her mark in Pop culture as a whole

with her risk-taking looks and her message and how every album sounds nothing like the one before it and still have a following

if u ask me its impressive how gaga reached the top with this type of music

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ACT2 said:

with her risk-taking looks and her message and how every album sounds nothing like the one before it and still have a following

In terms of versatility and raw talent, Gaga is clearly the most successful female popstar this decade :rip: The fact that you all are saying Tayhoe is bigger than her while Gaga just had a SMASH movie that is 90% on Rotten Tomatoes, that has grossed OVER 130 MILLION with a COMMERCIALLY SUCCESSFUL SOUNDTRACK and will probably win Oscars..... :drakecry:  Gaga is a BEAST, legend of our time 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, ACT2 said:

But Taylor doesnt have half the talent Gaga has and thats fact

7 hours ago, Excess said:

But Taylor doesnt have half the talent Gaga has and thats fact

yes we know that ofc

but generic taylor music would win over gagas creative music anyday (even tho i dont like taylors music i have to accept the fact that the gp are dumb)

• Upvote 1