Sign in to follow this  
Livelikemusic

Soap Operas | Official Thread

4 minutes ago, SweetSapphicScholar said:

I am too.. After reading the TMZ article and seeing how he struggled in his personal life I feel so bad. I just hope now he feels free and I know he misses his son. The demons that we all have regardless of status and wealth really can overtake you. Praying for his family in life and on Y&R.

I hope he's at peace. After his suicide attempt in 2017, I've always been worried about him, and given his recent absence from The Young and the Restless, I had a sneaking suspicion he might've been in a bad way, once again. I am just heartbroken. I grew up watching him as Neil. This is a loss for the world and for the daytime community. I know this is one death those of the soap community do not want to report about, or to be discussing.

• Love 1

Several of Kristoff's co-workers, past and present, as well as stars of other daytime soaps are tweeting out about Kristoff, and speaking highly of him. Bittersweet.

Sharon Case (Sharon, Y&R)

Jordi Vilasusso (Rey, Y&R; x-Dario, DAYS et al.)

Jason Canela (Arturo, Y&R)

Kai Kim (Y&R director)

Tristan Rogers (Robert, GH; ex-Colin, Y&R)

Greg Rikaart (Leo, DAYS; ex-Kevin, Y&R)

Camryn Grimes (Mariah/ex-Cassie, Y&R)

John McCook (Eric, B&B; ex-Lance, Y&R)

Tyler Christopher (ex-Stefan, DAYS; ex-Nikolas, GH)

Ashley Jones (Bridget, B&B; ex-Megan, Y&R et al.)

Kathleen Gati (Liesel, GH)

Michael Mealor (Kyle, Y&R)

Vivica A. Fox (ex-Maya, Generations; ex-Stephanie, Y&R et al.)

Marci Miller (ex-Abigail, DAYS)

Jon Lindstrom (Kevin/Ryan, GH; ex-Craig, ATWT et al.)

Kate Mansi (ex-Abigail, DAYS)

Cady McClain (ex-Kelly, Y&R, ex-Dixie, AMC et al.)

Jean Passanante (former soap opera scribe)

Kelly Kruger (Mac, Y&R; Eva, B&B)

Laura Wright (Carly, GH; ex-Cassie, GL et al.)

Michele Val Jean (former soap opera scribe)

Galen Gering (Rafe, DAYS et al.)

Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis, GH et al.)

Kristen Alderson (ex-Starr, OLTL; ex-Kiki, GH)

Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki, Y&R)

Lawrence Saint-Victor (Carter, B&B; ex-Remy, GL)

Eric Braeden (Victor, Y&R)

Tamara Braun (Kim/ex-Carly, GH; ex-Ava/ex-Taylor, DAYS et al.)

Eden McCoy (Josslyn, GH)

Chrishell Hartley (Jordan, DAYS; ex-Bethany, Y&R et al.)

Donnell Turner (Curtis, GH)

James Patrick Stuart (Valentin, GH et al.)

Melissa Ordway (Abby, Y&R)

Obba Babatundé (Julius, B&B)

Hunter King (Summer, Y&R)

Kate Linder (Esther, Y&R)

Melissa Claire Egan (ex-Chelsea, Y&R; ex-Annie, AMC)

• Upvote 1

Shemar Moore's heartfelt tributes to Kristoff. I love the appreciation he has always had for his daytime origins, and the respect he always had for Kristoff! I knew this loss would be hard on him.

• Love 2

Zach Tinker (Fenmore, Y&R)

Cait Fairbanks (Tessa, Y&R)

Neomi Gonzalez (Mia, Y&R)

Jess Walton (Jill, Y&R)

Camryn Grimes (Mariah/ex-Cassie, Y&R)

Lauralee Bell (Christine, Y&R)

Kim Fields

James Reynolds (Abe, DAYS et al.)

Viola Davis

Melissa Archer (ex-Natalie, OLTL; ex-Serena, DAYS)

Sally Sussman Morina (former soap opera executive and scribe)

Rome Flynn (ex-Xander, B&B)

Jason Thompson (Billy, Y&R; ex-Patrick, GH)

Ryan Ashton

Melissa Ordway (Abby, Y&R)

Eileen Davidson (ex-Ashley, Y&R; ex-Kristen/ex-Susan et al., DAYS et al.)

Thank you for posting all of the condolences, Shemar Moore's was heartbreaking considering how long they've known each other. 

Am I the only one who felt like Victoria took his death and made it about herself. I found her message to be kinda tasteless/tacky and yet another reason why they'll never let her come back (even though I would love to see her return).

18 minutes ago, SweetSapphicScholar said:

Thank you for posting all of the condolences, Shemar Moore's was heartbreaking considering how long they've known each other. 

Of course! It's truly heartbreaking to know that we've lost him at such a young age. It's clear we wasn't ever going to be able to continue on without his son; the 2017 suicide attempt was the warning sign that shouldn't have been ignored. The system failed his son and, ultimately, it failed him, too.

21 minutes ago, SweetSapphicScholar said:

Am I the only one who felt like Victoria took his death and made it about herself. I found her message to be kinda tasteless/tacky and yet another reason why they'll never let her come back (even though I would love to see her return).

Let's not get into Victoria. She's sheathed everything she posted into being about her and her experiences, and, unlike the other tributes, did not feel as heartfelt or genuine. Plus, even if what she said were true, it does not negate that she sued CBS and Sony Television because they wouldn't rehire her. She's truly self-centered.

• Upvote 1

Kristoff St. John's final appearance as NEIL WINTERS will be airing tomorrow, followed by a special one-off tribute episode to St. John that will air on Friday.

• Upvote 1

WOW, they're actually gonna let her come back for a day ... I have gotta record these episodes

He deserves a proper send-off and I am looking forward to seeing it!

7 hours ago, i am chiron. said:

WOW, they're actually gonna let her come back for a day ... I have gotta record these episodes

He deserves a proper send-off and I am looking forward to seeing it!

As herself, not Dru. I don't ever see her returning as Dru, though, I'm sure she'll try and ask for a job.

5 hours ago, Livelikemusic said:

@i am chiron. It's all going down next week; I don't know if I am ready to say goodbye to Neil Winters!

WHEW neither am I and I know it's gonna be super emotional. But I'm proud of Shemar for coming back to give him a proper send off.

undefined

3 hours ago, i am chiron. said:

WHEW neither am I and I know it's gonna be super emotional. But I'm proud of Shemar for coming back to give him a proper send off.

undefined

Shemar has always been vocal about his love for daytime, The Young and the Restless and his role as Malcolm Winters, so it does not surprise me that he's come back for the send-off of his brother. Plus, he'll be on The Talk on Friday, 4/26 to celebrate St. John, too.

• Love 1

This week we give a final farewell to a Soap Opera King :oprahcry:

Check out Ms. Victoria making a lil' comeback! It's gonna be bittersweet to watch this.

This doesn't even look like acting to me; seeing every single cast member somber and in tears is too much. I'm skeptical about Josh Griffith as head writer, but I'm sure the acting company of The Young and the Restless will turn it OUT!

I am emotioinally fucked right now. Wow. Brilliant direction and execution by Anthony Morina (EP), RC Cates (music composer) and Owen Renfoe (director).