Sign in to follow this  
Livelikemusic

Soap Operas | Official Thread

Just now, Livelikemusic said:

Wish Kylie would act more, honestly.

Same. She’s so fun to watch and she did fantastic on Neighbours. I’m so used to seeing a very genial Kylie, so when I went back and saw her run of episodes, I was pleasantly surprised to see how well she pulled off that tough working class girl character. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Livelikemusic said:

As I mentioned to @neonnights in another thread, I write my own online web soap serial. It's been on a bit of an extended hiatus, but here's the "Writer's Cut" of S05E01. Read it and let me know what you think!

Written and graphics by me.

I was just about to ask you about this! You read my mind 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Just now, 99sandthe2000s said:

Can I just mention how random it is that T-Boz is on Days of Our Lives. I was at the grocery store and saw her face on the Soap Opera Digest cover and was so confused.

I thought T_C might've been performing a song for the show :laughcry: but she's just on there playing a maid or something. 

She's been off-and-on Days of Our Lives since 2017 as Sheila, an inmate from the prison when Hope was locked up. Since then, she's been entangled with Bonnie Lockhart, Hattie Adams and co.! She's back on and looks like she isn't leaving anytime soon. It should also be mentioned that DAYS tapes six months in advance from what's airing now. So, what's airing now was shot around April/May 2018.

I was SHOOK when Kelly got shot in season eight of Beverly Hills, 90210. I hated her character, but I was rattled when homegirl took one to the gut. And how cheesy is it that she developed amnesia from it? NNN GOD the writing on this show. 

• Upvote 2

Did you hear that Days of Our Lives might be cancelled in favour of Kelly Clarkson’s new talk show next year? Hasn’t it been on the bubble for the last couple of years? They should alter the schedule and air the last remaining soaps in the evening like they do in the UK/Aus. 

16 hours ago, neonnights said:

Did you hear that Days of Our Lives might be cancelled in favour of Kelly Clarkson’s new talk show next year? Hasn’t it been on the bubble for the last couple of years? They should alter the schedule and air the last remaining soaps in the evening like they do in the UK/Aus. 

Airing soaps in the evening would plummet their ratings to nothing, unfortunately. The Young and the Restless is following a more British style setup and people are doing nothing, but bitching. I love it. But... hey, I'm the one in the "wrong," I guess.

As for Days of Our Lives, I doubt it'll be cancelled, especially since Kelly Clarkson's talk show wouldn't air at the same time everywhere, especially since some places have their own separate NBC-owned stations. Ratings for DAYS are on the up, and they [finally] have a regime in place that is solid. They keep winning Daytime Emmys for "Best Drama," so I doubt they'll be cancelled. They have their deal until the end of 2019, which is after Clarkson's talk show is due to debut.

2 hours ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

WAIT why am I still seeing original Jason in the promo shot? Did he take on a new role? I thought he quit/retired.

884217936_ScreenShot2018-11-05at9_39_43PM.png.ed42973ac9c54ff148cb3cb8a0a664e7.png

GURL.... where you been?! Once Steve Burton left The Young and the Restless, he came back to General Hospital as Jason; Billy Miller's role was retconned to Jason's twin brother, Drew Cain. It was a drawn out, boring reveal that the entire audience knew would happen.

Can I just say that even though I think Days is better than it's been in many years, the fact that it now has gays writing it and suddenly the gay characters have become the most boring part of the show totally astounds me? I mean - WTF?!? I hope they get rid of Freddie Smith and do a recast. Can't believe Paul is going. He is one hot piece. 

Anyway, a gif of fine Father Eric, right before Kristen raped him for her XXX wedding tape.

Image result for eileen davidson days of our lives gif sister mary

6 hours ago, Bad Dreams said:

Eileen Davidson better come out of early retirement and get her ass back to Days pronto!

3c3bab.gif

tumblr_ncq1toGBTc1rxy0aqo3_250.gif

Stacy nobody, with all her prison tats, leaves tomorrow. She can take her Party Store version of Susan Banks teeth with her!

Eileen has not retired; she's still going to be working. She just felt now was the time to leave The Young and the Restless and pursue other things. She admitted to Michael Fairman that DAYS asked her back post-Stacy Haiduk, and turned them down because it defeated her purpose of leaving Y&R. Honestly, I really liked Haiduk as both Kristen and Susan; it was the first time Kristen was recast and second time Susan was, and she did great at both roles.

6 hours ago, Bad Dreams said:

Can I just say that even though I think Days is better than it's been in many years, the fact that it now has gays writing it and suddenly the gay characters have become the most boring part of the show totally astounds me? I mean - WTF?!? I hope they get rid of Freddie Smith and do a recast. Can't believe Paul is going. He is one hot piece. 

Anyway, a gif of fine Father Eric, right before Kristen raped him for her XXX wedding tape.

Honestly, for a gay man, Ron Carlivati writes a very one-note gay man. He did it on General Hospital and it annoyed me. He's done a bit better with Sonny, Paul and Will, due in part to Sheri and Ryan, et al, but there is still a lot that could be done. I don't mind Freddie Smith, but the way Sonny has been written since his return is annoying AF. He needs a writing reboot.

Greg Vaughan's ass is a thing of beauty. Wish he'd show it off more than he has in the past. That thing undressed? It's beautiful!