Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Livelikemusic

Soap Operas | Official Thread

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

Wasn't The Chew getting death threats over that cancellation ... they were LIVID :laughcry:

I liked OLTL too but I wasn't devastated about it being pulled. 

I hated OLTL. Sorry, it sucked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Livelikemusic said:

I hated OLTL. Sorry, it sucked.

2 minutes ago, neonnights said:

I remember about OLTL was that annoying girl Starr or whatever her name was

Yeah, I only remember the character Blair the rest was irrelevant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I much prefer SMG’s version of Kendall to Kendall 2.0. Her wheeling her father, the man who raped Erica, into court was an act of pure evil! So good, though! I wish I could find the episode online.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooooooo Brooke and Bill are together now? Last time I watched faithfully he was cheating on Katie with Steffie and then that mess when Steffie stole her step sisters boyfriend and now I think they're married. I only jump in and out of soaps these days. 

I don't keep up with BB much but I did watch when they created a trans character. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, neonnights said:

 I much prefer SMG’s version of Kendall to Kendall 2.0. Her wheeling her father, the man who raped Erica, into court was an act of pure evil! So good, though! I wish I could find the episode online.

SMG is a much stronger actress than Alicia Minshew. SMG's cameo on AMC was awesome, too:

Just now, 99sandthe2000s said:

Sooooooo Brooke and Bill are together now? Last time I watched faithfully he was cheating on Katie with Steffie and then that mess when Steffie stole her step sisters boyfriend and now I think they're married. I only jump in and out of soaps these days. 

I don't keep up with BB much but I did watch when they created a trans character. 

Not technically. Bill was obsessing over Steffy and is now fixated on Brooke again. Disgusting.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, neonnights said:

 I much prefer SMG’s version of Kendall to Kendall 2.0. Her wheeling her father, the man who raped Erica, into court was an act of pure evil! So good, though! I wish I could find the episode online.

WHEWWWWWWWWWWW these 90s fashions. She was giving that old lady the business.

  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Livelikemusic said:

Bill was obsessing over Steffy and is now fixated on Brooke again. Disgusting.

She seems to be encouraging it ... and this dramatic ending with these scenes of them all over the world :laughcry: just overdoing it 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Livelikemusic said:

SMG is a much stronger actress than Alicia Minshew. SMG's cameo on AMC was awesome, too:

 

She should’ve made a bigger return to Daytime like so many other soap vets did at one point. She truly thrives with that type of melodrama. She was on a teen soap called Swan’s Crossing, which was SHIT, but she really was the highlight of the cast.

Just now, 99sandthe2000s said:

WHEWWWWWWWWWWW these 90s fashions. She was giving that old lady the business.

RIGHT? Those jeans! Kendall’s first scene ever on AMC has her looking like a straight up crack head. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, neonnights said:

She should’ve made a bigger return to Daytime like so many other soap vets did at one point. She truly thrives with that type of melodrama. She was on a teen soap called Swan’s Crossing, which was SHIT, but she really was the highlight of the cast.

I honestly don't think SMG wants to do daytime; she only did the cameo because of All My Children's cancellation. Plus, I don't see her acting much anymore, truthfully. She has her company and that's what she is doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Livelikemusic said:

I honestly don't think SMG wants to do daytime; she only did the cameo because of All My Children's cancellation. Plus, I don't see her acting much anymore, truthfully. She has her company and that's what she is doing.

Such a shame too because she is a talented actress. I think after the Cruel Intentions show got canned before it even made it to air after having two shows cancelled back to back probably soured her on the business a little. Oh well! 

Let’s talk Hollyoaks. Have far have you seen back? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Livelikemusic said:

Alicia worked a bit better as Kendall when she wasn't a love stuck cosmetics fool, but she just did NOT work in the role of Kendall.

Ugh, I could never stand Myrtle’s old ass nn 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, neonnights said:

Such a shame too because she is a talented actress. I think after the Cruel Intentions show got canned before it even made it to air after having two shows cancelled back to back probably soured her on the business a little. Oh well!

Did you see the Cruel Intentions pilot? I have and it was fucking incredible. NBC, again, was the wrong platform for the series. And The CW picking up Ringer from CBS was a mistake, because that series was worth more! I just think, after Buffy and the cult movies, she is a typecast kind of actress, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, neonnights said:

Let’s talk Hollyoaks. Have far have you seen back? 

As of four hours ago, I was at the end of March 2018.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Livelikemusic said:

Did you see the Cruel Intentions pilot? I have and it was fucking incredible. NBC, again, was the wrong platform for the series. And The CW picking up Ringer from CBS was a mistake, because that series was worth more! I just think, after Buffy and the cult movies, she is a typecast kind of actress, unfortunately.

As of four hours ago, I was at the end of March 2018.

A) Very true! And no, I did not see it. Ringer was okay-ish. A soap opera in its own right if you think about it, but it needed more time to work itself out. There was way too much going on. 

B) Ah, if only you could go back about a decade. There were some INSANE plots. I think the last time I watched regularly was around the New Years episodes in 2015/2016. Who’s your fave character? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

obligatory post since I am the resident die hard Kylie stan. She is such a natural on film. Charlene was such a brat.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, neonnights said:

A) Very true! And no, I did not see it. Ringer was okay-ish. A soap opera in its own right if you think about it, but it needed more time to work itself out. There was way too much going on. 

B) Ah, if only you could go back about a decade. There were some INSANE plots. I think the last time I watched regularly was around the New Years episodes in 2015/2016. Who’s your fave character? 

  1. A second season would've done the series justice. Ending on a cliffhanger sucked.
  2. My fave character? So many to list, honestly. But, right now, I'm loving everything about Grace Black. She's a HBIC, and I am loving it!
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, neonnights said:

obligatory post since I am the resident die hard Kylie stan. She is such a natural on film. Charlene was such a brat.

Wish Kylie would act more, honestly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I just mention how random it is that T-Boz is on Days of Our Lives. I was at the grocery store and saw her face on the Soap Opera Digest cover and was so confused.

I thought T_C might've been performing a song for the show :laughcry: but she's just on there playing a maid or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×