Sign in to follow this  
Livelikemusic

Soap Operas | Official Thread

Speaking of Aaron Spelling, what are your thoughts on the original Melrose Place? It had such a SHIT first season. It was very hard for me to get into, because it started off so dopey, but when they brought on Heather Locklear 2/3 into season one and started writing the characters as less...moralistic (which didn’t happen until season two), I was HOOKED. I mean. ADDICTED!!! 

Ever seen Models Inc.? The MP spinoff? That was also bananas! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

Do y'all ever read the message boards on SoapCentral ... the way they attack the characters and actors make us on the pop forums look tame. It's my favorite site for soap news!

I stay away from soap forums and comment sections; people are just fucking rude.

10 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

What about Bold & Beautiful?!

Soap is a MESS! Brad Bell needs to be let go as EP and HW. He's fucking with the soap, and it's sad.

What about Y&R? Any Cane & Lily lovers? Do we wish that they would let Drucilla come back from the grave? Do we like the (not so) new Billy?

The Young and the Restless has me hooked! Cane and Lily need'ta go; thank God Christel is recurring! As for Dru, I don't ever see her coming back, especially with Victoria Rowell in the role. As for Billy, I LOVE Jason Thompson in the role!

Just now, 99sandthe2000s said:

@Livelikemusic LOL I only glance at the message board if I want a good laugh. It's mainly grannies and aunties dragging the same characters they've been watching for decades.

Same with Facebook comments. They are so one-sided, and if you dare say anything against their opinion, you're automatically "wrong" and being paid to promote the series.

• LOL 1

I was so pissed when AMC got canceled and they replaced it with The Chew (even though I've loved Carla since Top Chef). I was in my feelings big time.

But we definitely had the last laugh when it got canceled this year :tehe:

I was so pissed when AMC got canceled and they replaced it with The Chew (even though I've loved Carla since Top Chef). I was in my feelings big time.

Honestly, I get why they cancelled All My Children. Yes, it sucked because they brought it to L.A. in an attempt to save it, but at the point, damage was done through bad writing. The online reboot wasn't that bad, either. At least, in the end of ABC's run, we got back the core writing and core characters.

2 minutes ago, Livelikemusic said:

As for Dru, I don't ever see her coming back, especially with Victoria Rowell in the role

They would rather have the show be canceled then deal with her again. But that was such a love to hate character.

Yeah, Cane and Lily are kinda dragging... but I did love them in the beginning. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

They would rather have the show be canceled then deal with her again. But that was such a love to hate character.

Yeah, Cane and Lily are kinda dragging... but I did love them in the beginning. 

Given she sued CBS / Sony Pictures, I doubt she'll be employed by them again!

I liked them in the beginning until people felt they were "untouchable,"

The way they originally ended it too with that open cliffhanger nnn. Whew, the outrage that occurred. Truly did the fans dirty. :kelly:

• Upvote 1

Sikeeeeeeeeee they're always fighting for that tired marriage when truthfully they could use a divorce and reunite sometime later for a good nostalgia factor. 

But... they're unbreakable. Breaking them up will TANK THE SHOW! EVERYONE WILL STOP WATCHING!

.... Said no one, ever!

• Upvote 1

Just now, neonnights said:

The way they originally ended it too with that open cliffhanger nnn. Whew, the outrage that occurred. Truly did the fans dirty. :kelly:

It ended like that because they thought the O.G. online deal was going through, which it didn't. So, that's why we got that ended. ABC shot two different endings, and that's the one they chose.

Just now, neonnights said:

Whew, the outrage that occurred.

Wasn't The Chew getting death threats over that cancellation ... they were LIVID :laughcry:

I liked OLTL too but I wasn't devastated about it being pulled. 

• LOL 1

Wasn't The Chew getting death threats over that cancellation ... they were LIVID :laughcry:

I liked OLTL too but I wasn't devastated about it being pulled. 

The only thing I remember about OLTL was that annoying girl Starr or whatever her name was. I didn’t watch it all that much. 

• Upvote 1