Sign in to follow this  
Livelikemusic

Soap Operas | Official Thread

Welcome to COP's Official SOAP OPERA Thread!

Here, we can discuss all things daytime and primetime soap operas that may or may not be covered in other individual threads! Come with us through the guiding light as the world turns through the days of our lives, as we navigate our one life to live through the bold and the beautiful, and the young and the restless, as they are all my children!

undefined

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

You bitches are gonna sit and listen about why Passions is one of the most underrated soaps of all time! 

But, the soaps I’ve watched are Hollyoaks, All My Children, Neighbours, Models Inc, Passions, Melrose Place, BH90210 (I feel this is a lite soap opera and it didn’t get sudsy until its later years), Dynasty and General Hospital. 

• Upvote 2

Daytime:

• All My Children
  • As the World Turns
  • Days of Our Lives
  • General Hospital
  • The Bold and the Beautiful
  • The Young and the Restless

I've also caught Santa Barbara and Sunset Beach when they were on YouTube, and both were incredible underrated, esp. the latter, which was Aaron Spelling's entrance in the daytime soap world, and yet, it felt like a primetime soap!

I've also begun watching Hollyoaks on Hulu in the last month, and fuck me, it's incredible!

Just now, Livelikemusic said:

Daytime:

• All My Children
  • As the World Turns
  • Days of Our Lives
  • General Hospital
  • The Bold and the Beautiful
  • The Young and the Restless

I've also caught Santa Barbara and Sunset Beach when they were on YouTube, and both were incredible underrated, esp. the latter, which was Aaron Spelling's entrance in the daytime soap world, and yet, it felt like a primetime soap!

I've also begun watching Hollyoaks on Hulu in the last month, and fuck me, it's incredible!

I’ve wanted to watch both, but I never got around to it. I’ve heard crazy things about Sunset Beach. 

• Upvote 1

This is my kinda content :clap:love the opening statement.

Ready to reliving classic moments like:

• Brenda wears a wire
  • Luke and Laura's wedding
  • Picking which Carly we liked best on GH
  • Erica Kane being a badass 
  • Elizabeth sleeping with everyone in Port Charles 
  • Bianca and the infamous lesbian wedding
  • All the baby switching and snatching 

:icant::icant::icant:

• Upvote 1

Just now, 99sandthe2000s said:

• Brenda wears a wire

What are your thoughts on kween Kendall Hart? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, neonnights said:

I’ve wanted to watch both, but I never got around to it. I’ve heard crazy things about Sunset Beach. 

Sunset Beach was from Aaron Spelling and co., so it had that primetime feeling in a daytime format, esp. in its earliest episodes. By the middle of its first year on-air, they made it a bit more of a daytime feeling, but I really liked it. It was outside with limited studio sets, which was nice, especially for a daytime soap. Ultimately, I do feel like it was on the wrong network for its platform.

Pilot episode: 

• Brenda wears a wire

QUEEN! WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF SOAPS! So, the question is: which Carly do you like the best?

Kendall Hart

Only watched it with the last one and she was all over the place especially towards the end and didn't she have like a heart defect? I loved the best friend Greenlee 

Only watched it with the last one and she was all over the place especially towards the end and didn't she have like a heart defect? I loved the best friend Greenlee 

She had open-heart surgery. And, yas, GREENLEE for the win!

1 minute ago, Livelikemusic said:

which Carly do you like the best?

I like the current one and I think she performs well BUT Tamara Braun used to play the hell outta that role!

SHOW HER THE PICTURE SONNY :icant:

Sunset Beach was from Aaron Spelling and co., so it had that primetime feeling in a daytime format, esp. in its earliest episodes. By the middle of its first year on-air, they made it a bit more of a daytime feeling, but I really liked it. It was outside with limited studio sets, which was nice, especially for a daytime soap. Ultimately, I do feel like it was on the wrong network for its platform.

Pilot episode: 

This has Eddie Cibrian in it, right? Anyway, thanks for the link! :) 

For the three of us in here thus far, have you hunties ever heard of Passions? This show was FUCKING NUTS. It started off very slow (something it was guilty of at times) but went balls to the walls. They had demons, witches, hell in closets/characters going to hell, zombies, curses, a talking doll, and that was just the tip of the ice berg. It was a very supernatural soap, but it was SO GOOD. They ripped off a few movies too (like Carrie). 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

Greenlee was a fave because of her feud with Bianca. I HATED Bianca. God, she was easily one of the worst characters ever.

• Upvote 1

I like the current one and I think she performs well BUT Tamara Braun used to play the hell outta that role!

SHOW HER THE PICTURE SONNY :icant:

YAS! YOU BETTER STAN MS. LAURA WRIGHT!!! She's a fantastic actress. I grew up with her as Cassie on Guiding Light. Now, both Laura and Tamara Braun (ex-Carly) on are GH!

This has Eddie Cibrian in it, right? Anyway, thanks for the link! :) 

For the three of us in here thus far, have you hunties ever heard of Passions? This show was FUCKING NUTS. It started off very slow (something it was guilty of at times) but went balls to the walls. They had demons, witches, hell in closets/characters going to hell, zombies, curses, a talking doll, and that was just the tip of the ice berg. It was a very supernatural soap, but it was SO GOOD. They ripped off a few movies too (like Carrie). 

Yes. Eddie Cibrian got his start on Sunset Beach when he was cast as Cole 2.0!

As for Passions, I never did watch.

• Upvote 1

Greenlee was a fave because of her feud with Bianca. I HATED Bianca. God, she was easily one of the worst characters ever.

I only liked Bianca once they recast the role from Eden Riegel to Christina Bennett Lind; by that point, the character became likable!

Now, both Laura and Tamara Braun (ex-Carly) on are GH!

SHUT UP SHE'S BACK OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG ... I gotta start watching again.

have you hunties ever heard of Passions

I knew that it had witches but never watched it much ... that was my sister's fav soap.

SHUT UP SHE'S BACK OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG ... I gotta start watching again.

Yep. She is now playing Dr. Kim Nero! She's been back for nearly a year.

YAS! YOU BETTER STAN MS. LAURA WRIGHT!!! She's a fantastic actress. I grew up with her as Cassie on Guiding Light. Now, both Laura and Tamara Braun (ex-Carly) on are GH!

Yes. Eddie Cibrian got his start on Sunset Beach when he was cast as Cole 2.0!

As for Passions, I never did watch.

Ugh, you should watch it! The entire series is on YouTube. It’s SO trashy. One of the characters is written as a friend of Princess Diana who gets a vision from her. It’s so fucking batshit. I re-watched an episode recently where a portal to hell is opened in a closet and one of the central families on the show has their house being sucked into hell. UGH SO GOOD.

I only liked Bianca once they recast the role from Eden Riegel to Christina Bennett Lind; by that point, the character became likable!

I never liked ha! She was SO SO SO whiny. I’m glad OG Kendall terrorised her to hell and back. 

• Upvote 1

Ugh, you should watch it! The entire series is on YouTube. It’s SO trashy. One of the characters is written as a friend of Princess Diana who gets a vision from her. It’s so fucking batshit. I re-watched an episode recently where a portal to hell is opened in a closet and one of the central families on the show has their house being sucked into hell. UGH SO GOOD.

meh. I've tried to watch scenes and it just is not my kind of soap opera. Kii. But, I do love Eric Martsolf!

I never liked ha! She was SO SO SO whiny. I’m glad OG Kendall terrorised her to hell and back. 

I hated the character until they recast her. Her pairing with Marissa? With pitted her against JR? Fantastic!

2 minutes ago, neonnights said:

I only liked Bianca once they recast the role from Eden Riegel to Christina Bennett Lind; by that point, the character became likable

:laughcry: I loved Eden she was so sweet (sometimes) and I loved her wedding!

Fun Fact: My momma named me after that character so that may be why I like her.

What about Bold & Beautiful?!

What about Y&R? Any Cane & Lily lovers? Do we wish that they would let Drucilla come back from the grave? Do we like the (not so) new Billy?

She was SO SO SO whiny. I’m glad OG Kendall terrorised her to hell and back. 

:scared: She did her best y'all :sonii: